It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bridges made to blow up

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I have i friend who is a laborer on a new bridge being built in the area. He said said they told him that they build bridges with holes covered by removeable plates in strategic places so if their is a war on our soil we can put explosives in these holes and take down the bridge. If this is true it gives terrorists an advantage to take down bridges

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I am not sure about war and blowing bridges, but my grandfather built bridges back in the 50-60's and they placed holes in certain areas to use for explosives in case they ever need to demolish the bridge.

Not sure if this is accurate or not, but it is what gramps told me.

- One Man Short ®

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
They do the same thing with large buildings in Urban Areas for future demolitions, I think it has more to do with City Planning than it does war or terrorism, but you are right though, it certainly would provide an extra opportunity.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I know for an absolute fact that some interstates have had that done to them over the years. I don't want to name roads or overpasses but I am sure that anyone interested can find out easily. I do not know what these holes look like, I just know they are there.

posted on Nov, 26 2005 @ 05:21 AM
link   
geez...this is a worry....it makes sense from a building/demolition point of view but if this civil engineering ifo fell into the wrong hands, one can only imagine!!!

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well the particular roads that I am intimately familar with that have these features, were both designed and ? built ? by the Army COE. I do not know how the "civil engineers" view this idea.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I have no idea if this is related or not:
Last summer they tore up and replaced a roughly 5 mile stretch of road near here. When they put the new road surface down they installed these metal plates in the center of the road spaced about 1/8 mile apart. Each plate measures about 5" x 5" there are numbers on each one, the surface of the plate is even with the road surface. Nothing that makes sense of why they are there though.

posted on Nov, 27 2005 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Hopefully as long as no one advertises it or tells any nasty terrorists then they'll be none the wiser like most people.

top topics

join