It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi sniper filming his shots against the Coalition.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You have Sunni-led insurgents/freedomfighters, Sh'ia-led insurgents/freedomfighters, you have the foreign terrorists/freedomfighters that just flood into Iraq to fight the Coalition, you have AQ and the actual terrorists..

All doing their part to give the Coalition hell and all for their own reasons and cause, not all of them are as bad as you think.

Im not an expert on the middle east or anything, but the general idea I get is that there are tons of minorities, all of which constantly struggle to have things their way. It seems to have happened throughout history in the middle east. Everyone fights for the water, and consequently, no-one gets anywhere. Has anyone ever thought of what the Middle East could be if they were to simply grow up, put aside all of their differences, and work as a unit to accomplish a bigger goal? They could become a true power in the world and actually become a large threat to the coalition. Instead, the only thing they (insurgents, terrorists, etc.) have going for them is fear-encitement and the pathetic patience level of the US.

LOL LOL LOL, PROVE, IT.

This seems to be a big issue in this thread. "Prove it." Can someone please explain to me how anyone can come up with solid, undeniable proof about anything that goes on in a war? Isnt that why it is called the "fog of war?" The most your average civilian is going to have is the general consensus gathered from the media. For americans, the general belief is that insurgents attack civilians, and that America is winning. Yet, for the insurgents and other sympathizers of them, America is losing its morale, crumpling, and about to leave. Once again, the "fog" of war. Not the "blue skys" of war.

THen you should also respect all the people of al Fallujah, who fought bravely against the illegal occupation.

Have you ever wondered what might happen if the insurgents and various "freedom fighters" (lol, I always find that name rather ironic in this situation) decided to give the US a chance to correct its mistakes? Yes, we shouldnt have even gone into Iraq in the first place, but America is commited to cleaning up its mess. Just how would America leaving and Iraq being plunged into civil war help anybody? It would make it even worse than it is now. Heck, for all we know it could become another Somalia. Try cooperating with America, and working as a unit to accomplish a goal that will help everyone: restoring Iraq.

but the majority are in it for the profit, and being recruited from the lower class, there uneducated and easily fooled.

Why do people think that American soldiers get paid out the wazoo? Seriously, our soldiers are not hired mercenaries. They're volunteer americans. Their paychecks are not big. Advice: If you are going to get into a career field for the money, dont become a soldier. (or a teacher for that matter).

You pulled out of Somalia after 18 men died. You can thank tv for that.

A sad and true fact. When I first learned about this (heck, Im only 16 now), I would have thought that resolve would strengthen. But unfortunately, this is not WWII. Americans seem to be too tired to unite any more.

Well, Ive rambled on for long enough.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by aggroskater]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by aggroskater
Im not an expert on the middle east or anything, but the general idea I get is that there are tons of minorities, all of which constantly struggle to have things their way. It seems to have happened throughout history in the middle east. Everyone fights for the water, and consequently, no-one gets anywhere. Has anyone ever thought of what the Middle East could be if they were to simply grow up, put aside all of their differences, and work as a unit to accomplish a bigger goal? They could become a true power in the world and actually become a large threat to the coalition. Instead, the only thing they (insurgents, terrorists, etc.) have going for them is fear-encitement and the pathetic patience level of the US.

The Sunni's led by Saddam were the ones oppressing the Shia(majority in iraq) for some 20 odd years and its the Sunni's that are mainly leading these attacks (excluding AQ), Its hard to put everything aside and work toghter after having so many years of hate towards each other.

Originally posted by aggroskater
Have you ever wondered what might happen if the insurgents and various "freedom fighters" (lol, I always find that name rather ironic in this situation) decided to give the US a chance to correct its mistakes? Yes, we shouldnt have even gone into Iraq in the first place, but America is commited to cleaning up its mess. Just how would America leaving and Iraq being plunged into civil war help anybody? It would make it even worse than it is now. Heck, for all we know it could become another Somalia. Try cooperating with America, and working as a unit to accomplish a goal that will help everyone: restoring Iraq.

They are the ones on the ground though, they for some reason believe the US is not trying to correct its mistakes as you put it and they feel they need to fight back, I believe the US with its resources could win the hearts and minds of ALL the Iraqi people if it tried but even in war there are mistakes, mistakes that the US can't afford to make.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by shire19]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I second that, the resistance is the Iraqi people, 80% of Iraqi people want America to get out now or very soon; and they help the galant freedom fighters resist the Imperialist-Zionist Americans..

Facism is simply a people represented by a government who feel they are superior and that they should rule over another people..for example the zionist-racist aphartied state or Americas agenda in Iraq to 'keep' Iraq as a permanent client state where America de-facto controls everything and the Iraqis are economically/politically enslaved as American racist billionars get richer off Iraqs natural resources..The freedom fighters are just trying to liberate their country from a facist government-then you call them facist

Long live Juba! Keep up the good work Juba! non-racist, non-zionist freedom loving people everywhere wish you success in your important liberation movement against the racists.

Originally posted by HiddenReality

Originally posted by American Mad Man

The "resistance" is hated almost universaly by the Iraqi people beause they do nothing but kill Iraqis and destroy thier assets. The resistance is a facist movement which will rightfully be obliterated as is the will of the IRAQI people.

That is total propaganda, no resistance especially one capable of killing over 2000 US soldiers can survive and operate without the support of a large percent of the population. the US/UK targets a lot of civilians in covert ops trying to cause civil unrest, the UK were caught in the act but people like you just denied it and made excuses for there actions.

I agree with you there are some US soldiers who are there thinking they are doing a right and just thing, but the majority are in it for the profit, and being recruited from the lower class, there uneducated and easily fooled. When your goverment makes up lies about the resistance booby trapping toys and killing civilians, its easy to make these not so smart people hate the resistance.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by jajabinks
I second that, the resistance is the Iraqi people, 80% of Iraqi people want America to get out now or very soon; and they help the galant freedom fighters resist the Imperialist-Zionist Americans..

80% huh, do you have anything to back you up or are you just making figures up to allow you to justify your statement ?

Facism is simply a people represented by a government who feel they are superior and that they should rule over another people..for example the zionist-racist aphartied state or Americas agenda in Iraq to 'keep' Iraq as a permanent client state where America de-facto controls everything and the Iraqis are economically/politically enslaved as American racist billionars get richer off Iraqs natural resources.

LOL, I love all this rhetoric, it's always worth a good laugh.
So how exactly are these billionaires getting rich off Iraqi resources ? For a start apart from oil, there isn't really anything there that people would want. Secondly, do you think that they are just taking this oil and not paying for it ?

Unfortuantely people like you who love to group people, using overused catch phrases ie. ' zionist/racist etc, are more disciminatory than the people you leel these accustaions against.

Get a reality dose pal, your rhetoric impresses no one.

Long live Juba! Keep up the good work Juba! non-racist, non-zionist freedom loving people everywhere wish you success in your important liberation movement against the racists.

LMAO, yeah right, just keep on thinking that. It definately doesn't add to your credibility, not that you were expecting any.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
He obviously hasn't been trained properly.

A sniper usully aims between the eyes.

Some of the soldiers look like they've been shot in the bum or something. There's even one shot where he doesn't hit his victim.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NSA
Also notice almost all shots are from behind our troops lines. these guys are shooting us in the back.

Well, DUH!

Welcome to coinops. What, you thought this was The Quick and the Dead, where you stand in the high street and wait for the clock to strike and see who can draw the fastest?

What's different about a sniper shooting grunts in the back and a US airstike on a Pakistani village at 2am?

A village in a country that is an ally in the War on Terror (tm)!

18 dead Pakis...oops
"huge missiles at midnight"

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
lets just say this will go down like a hole in the head.

shire19 "this type of video link can get YOU banged up in england"

need i say anymore?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Yes, you do need to say more.
Is this some kind of veiled threat?
Please, speak clear for those of us who are bit slow

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:43 PM
link   
in a nut shell,some guy show girl a video clip on his moblie phone, of some poor sole iraq,
id rather not go into what happened,it upsets the girl the case
lands up in court, the guy lands up inside..

[edit on 15-1-2006 by harvey wallbanger]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
if i rember right it worked out 6 months but dont hold me to it.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by harvey wallbanger]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:34 AM
link   
thats a snipers job..... confusion in the ranks.....

posted on Aug, 17 2007 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Wow, that is some tragic footage.

But this is low level Propaganda for the enemy. This is a Coward of an enemy, hiding and shooting our troops while we are standing with the Iraqi people helping them. This shows even more the coward nature of our enemy.

posted on Aug, 18 2007 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by harvey wallbanger

That clip was a beheading clip,there is nothing wrong in showing sniper clips-we see clips from all sides of this war and long will that continue

Most clips i have seen are fatal head shots,when there are a few out in the open then they rightly go for wounding one to bring the others into the kill zone.Old sniper tactics,and it works

The insurgents are brave warriors,i understand why they target us as we have invaded their country.what should they do to us,hand out candy to the troops?honestly they have to be brave to fight us!That takes balls of steel to even think about taking our well trained troops with state of the art equipment.The Afgans are the same,we are fighing a strong foe-we must never underestimate these people as Ogrish and Liveleaking pond life do all the time.

The longer we stay out there the more we will be shot at,and of course if we attack Iran then we are in big trouble.Those comments about syrian sister and her veil are frankly not needed here,grow up children

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join