It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark side of the Moon..........

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Isn't the big mystery why there aren't much craters on the far side?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Any and all attempts at plagarization of my posts on this or other forums, may I say it will be known and I cannot be responsible from any karma that could ensue.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 03:14 PM
link   
funny i thought that less craters on one side than the other which is littered with craters?

also don't the crates look like crop circles or is it just me??

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There was and still is a theory that the band Pink Floyd wrote the music and lyrics of the entire album dark side of the moon to exactly go along with the movie Wizard of Oz movie.I plan on seeing if this is true or not by playing the music from the befinning of the movie..This movie has been on lately and I have missed the beginning.
When Roger Waters is questioned, he refuses to answer the question.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:20 PM
link   
siriuslyone Iwas a big Pink Floyd fan in the day, but I had to see what this Wizard of OZ connection was all about. Even when reading the presumed synch of song and movie it sounds like a stretch. For curious sake here's one of the links. Pink Floyd and OZ.

Ok back on topic

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by siriuslyone
.I plan on seeing if this is true or not by playing the music from the befinning of the movie..This movie has been on lately and I have missed the beginning.

You have to start the album on the second roar of the MGM Lion. You also need the movie on either tape or dvd as comericals would throw off the timing

Ive done it a few times it matches up pretty good but nothing that was amazing IMHO.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

.I plan on seeing if this is true or not by playing the music from the befinning of the movie..This movie has been on lately and I have missed the beginning.

You have to start the album on the second roar of the MGM Lion. You also need the movie on either tape or dvd as comericals would throw off the timing

Ive done it a few times it matches up pretty good but nothing that was amazing IMHO.

Well, if it is a fluke, then I would probably be real disappointed as they are the best and I would not wish their image tarnished in my view..thanks

[edit on 14-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   
shadow, it's the third roar of the mgm lion and, if timed correctly, you will be amazed.

I didn't click the link because I've seen the dark side of oz a bunch of times and read tons on it. if it is coincidence, it is the freakiest coincidence ever

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Am I completely insane, or does the darker area in this image look like a giant-eared creature walking a scotty-dog? ....I need to get more sleep!

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
shadow, it's the third roar of the mgm lion and, if timed correctly, you will be amazed.

There are several ideas as to when to start the album. All revolve around the famous MGM lion. You may start the album during the first roar, second roar, third roar, or as the lion fades to black.

I have to say I never done it on the third roar.

DSotM isn't even long enough to play through the entire movie some people put in on repeat some switch to tracks 2 0r 5

BTW informatu I see that too , it looks strange like a teletubby outline or something

[edit on 14-11-2005 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Are we talking about the far side of the moon or the dark side of the moon. The dark side changes but there is the far side that Earth never sees.

And yes the far side of the moon has a dark shape in it that looks SO MUCH LIKE A SHAPE OF A PERSON OR BEING, its rediculous. Then when there is a full moon, if you look at the moon it looks like a FACE! It is really odd in my oppinion.

Links to (bad IMO, im trying to find more) photos of the far side. It is suprisingly hard to find pictures of the far side. Surprisingly even the hubble telescope main page doesn't have pics of the far side.

5 (Heres a good link IMO)

I want to refer people to ufo casebook moon theory because honestly I think there IS somthing about the far side of the moon that were not being told. We have settelites available that can give us detailed images of every inch of the far side moon but yet, the government and no other web sites are not able to provide us with these. IMO, I believe there IS an ET base on the far side and I believe were not being told about it for good reasons.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by SpilledBeans]

[edit on 14-11-2005 by SpilledBeans]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by informatu
Am I completely insane, or does the darker area in this image look like a giant-eared creature walking a scotty-dog? ....I need to get more sleep!

I have no idea what your talking about... you must be crazy!

Is this where Walt got his idea from for Mickey?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

WOW, thank you, pilot..where did you find these?
These are not as close as I saw, but the illumination is very similar..
I tried to find this site, but I only speak Suthen not Russian..How old are these images?
If you do not wish to post in public, u2u me and I will give you an email, if you choose..

hey i speak russian.... i can translate that for you if anyone cares...

first one says,

(basically) Faces of the Moon
(then) Front Side

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spartanious

WOW, thank you, pilot..where did you find these?
These are not as close as I saw, but the illumination is very similar..
I tried to find this site, but I only speak Suthen not Russian..How old are these images?
If you do not wish to post in public, u2u me and I will give you an email, if you choose..

hey i speak russian.... i can translate that for you if anyone cares...

first one says,

(basically) Faces of the Moon
(then) Front Side

I care, thank you a lot for the translation.US cannot even get a translator to work, because we do not have those alphabetics..Thank you

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Sensfan is right. There is no dark side. The moon rotates at a speed that has it facing the same direction relative to earth at all times. It rotates every 28 days and some hours. And yes, it is light on the other side when we have new moon.

Do you think we would be told if anything was found there anyway? NASA doesn't distribute anything that would be considered to be ET or UFO related. They don't even report the 100 or so sightings that have happend on every space mission since the inception of the space program......why should they tell us about what they have found on the BACK side of the moon?

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I found the moon farside images by doing a Google image search for them. Which brought up mostly Pink Floyd stuff, of course.

Google Image search for "dark side of the moon"

A better search is for "far side of the moon"

Google Image search for "far side of the moon"

I didn't know that Soviet Moon drawing said "front side". It's supposed to be the drawing made from the Soviet Luna 3 probe, the first to photograph the far side. Strange, I thought it looked funny, now where's the other drawing.

Russian website on farside of the moon:
selena.sai.msu.ru...

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpilledBeans

Links to (bad IMO, im trying to find more) photos of the far side. It is suprisingly hard to find pictures of the far side. Surprisingly even the hubble telescope main page doesn't have pics of the far side.

5 (Heres a good link IMO)

How would the Hubble take pictures of the far side of the moon if the far side never faces Earth, remember the Hubble orbits Earth so it sees what we see?

Please tell me you were joking.

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
bump

This is too good to die a slow death..
Very interesting to all who are into the moon...

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
More about the Alien-Moon connectionhere

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agentdemon
Isn't the big mystery why there aren't much craters on the far side?

Well couldnt you say that it is acting like a shield "protecting" us? To me it seems like the "back" side (not facing us) has a ton more craters than the "front" side. The back side is constantly or was constantly bombarded with meteorites and such. The larger craters would be riddled with smaller impacts. The front side however was hit by less strikes and therefore kept the marks of impacts on its surface.

I dont believe there ever was an alien base on that desolate moon of ours. If anything there would just be a couple sensors and such. Nothing like a docking port for battleships
. Those extreme temperatures scare even myself. We will eventually reach the moon again and use it for greater purposes. By that im saying we have never been there but thats for another thread.

btw im loving ATS

~Spart

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join