It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dark side of the Moon..........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Many people have said there is an alien base on the dark side of the moon.
I was reading this article in New Scientist about how they have mapped Mars with such accuracy, but we have not mapped our moon as good as mars.

Especially the Dark side.

"The Red Planet has now been mapped to an accuracy of 1 metre vertically and 100 m horizontally, and there is good data on the surface composition and texture.

But Zuber and Garrick-Bethell claim the Moon is surprisingly poorly mapped, especially on its far side. Some areas have been mapped with precision, but overall positions are only known to an accuracy of 100 metres vertically and a few kilometres horizontally."

www.newscientistspace.com...

Thoughts, Comments.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 04:51 AM
link   
well then it would be very nice; if the annual science foundation budget had the ability to purchase the resources needed for said investigation; instead of the ample allowance given for powertools????????????
#

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:09 AM
link   
yes of course whats sold is more commercially vialble scientifacally, when real estate goes on th emoon we will get commercials for it all up on everywhere.

i think the moon is more of a docking station then a full blown et base, probably one on the further reaches of our solar system then the main bases that have a more substantial infrastructure would be deep withing and engraved in our planet, since it has the best popuace for research and experimentation. the es (ectra solar ) planet would then host a crop of more expansive bases for mining and industrial output.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by sturod84]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:50 AM
link   
I am guessing there is never a point where we can see the dark side of the moon? I mean it never rotates does it?

Also is there any pictures captured via telescope showing anything of activity from the Moon? Also where did this rumor stem from?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:06 AM
link   
You all should check out ESA's site, we've had SMART-1 orbiting the moon for the last 2 years or so. Smart-1 is on a mission to map out the surface of the moon and send back all the goodies, Its also a test-bed for ESA's new Ion-drive propulsion system.

sci.esa.int...

"SMART-1 will monitor the polar shadows cast during the Moon's rotation, and their seasonal variations, to look for places with long-lasting illumination" says Bernard Foing, SMART-1 Project scientist. "If we can confirm peaks of eternal light, or pairs of sites exposed to sunlight at any moment, this could be an advantageous location to install a solar power infrastructure to feed future robotic/human outposts and colonies".

In my opnion its very interesting, the moon has been out of the lime-light for a while and were heading back there soon, so who knows what we might or might not find.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I've always wondered why the dark side of the moon hasn't been explored.

Call me ignorant but how hard would it to have a rover with a strong light take pictures?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Do you believe in the theory of something on the dark side of the moon, if so please explain.
I've read alot of stuff about what people have seen.
Have we looked at the dark side well enough?

Should i believe NASA, that the moon is dead?
Or should i deny ignorance?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
The dark side of the Moon, doesn't mean "no light", it means we can't see it from the Earth. As the Moon rotates around the Earth, it keeps one side facing the Earth. It has light on the dark side, for approximately 14 days, half of it's orbit around the Earth. That would be when we see darkness on this side, it is light on the other side.

If you haven't seen it yet, the USGS (US Geological Survey) has taken over all the mapping of planets and moons for the USA. Here's their web link for the Moon:
astrogeology.usgs.gov...

Is there something there on the Dark Side of the Moon?
It's hard enough to see anything on this side, with any detail. It's impossible for the back side. We aren't looking often enough and well enough to say anything about it. So anything goes. But to be practical, nothing unusual is there, until we actually have a reason to believe so. I agree that more critical observations should be given.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by ZPE StarPilot]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I've heard many rumours about the dark side of the moon.

The things I heard about the Moon is that it's older than the sun, it's possibly hollow since it reverberated sound in it's core.

It's not implausible it's a base for ETs.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Merkeva - You found it here's another SMART-1 link Moon Mapping

And the Japanese are also sending a probe to map the moon.
Selene Moon Probe The only problem they are encountering is their launch system is unsatisfactory. The mission has been scrubbed a few times.
They also are planning a Manned Mission to the Moon in 2025
Japanese Moon Mission 2025

So the Moon will have allot of company. If anything is there. We will see it.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Denied
Do you believe in the theory of something on the dark side of the moon, if so please explain.
I've read alot of stuff about what people have seen.
Have we looked at the dark side well enough?

Should i believe NASA, that the moon is dead?
Or should i deny ignorance?

I have been in trance and taken there..It is a nearby space station..
It IS there and covers a very large area.
It is not ours!!

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:11 PM
link   
this has also been on my mind for some time, i think it would be ideal that there were aliens in that side of the moon, the big eyes that the greys have could be a mutation for the darkness there.

if youve been there in a trance, care describing it siriuslyone?

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:16 PM
link   
There is not dark side of the moon as has been explained in this (and many other) threads. There is a far side that we can't see from earth due to the rotation keeping the same side facing earth. No aliens living there with big eyes adapted to the darkness. Just a desolate place...

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
...Ohh but wait...I think I see a Citadel...or Castle like buildings. Maybe some pyramids too.....I mean no wait....OMG isn't that a huge face there.

Thanks for that image sensfan

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screamtothesky
this has also been on my mind for some time, i think it would be ideal that there were aliens in that side of the moon, the big eyes that the greys have could be a mutation for the darkness there.

if youve been there in a trance, care describing it siriuslyone?

Well, from the start, many years ago long before ATS or even the net, I went to a metaphysical hypnotist who guaranteed I would quit smoking.
I went into a deep trance on the first time, and all of a sudden a vision of a gray comes into my mind and I heard my voice saying 'may we speak through her' to my control? He being a White Light Worker asked if they are of the One White Light [a control is one who asks or answer questions from one in trance] and they answered yes.They cannot lie.
So that was the beginning of it all.My master hypnotist, who BTW was named Masters asked if I would spend some time in seeing what they had to say.I said sure as long as it will not hurt me and you teach me self-hypnosis.
Next time I went under right away and they came..only one came at first.
They said they are of the Sirius Counsel and made sure it was spelled with sel not cil.They spoke of how they had known me for longer than tongue can tell, and it was the time for me to come out and speak for them, as they only telepath in a way to connect to humans, and then there was another one who came beside the first one and it told me to come with me, I will show you around the solar system and where we come from..
I went OBE with him and he took me to the dark side of the Moon , and I was looking from above where there were crystal housings and many spaceships and large motherships..he told me it was their nearby base as they were our solar system overseers and this planet was troubled.
We stayed there for I do not know how long, then he said we will go to one more place and he took me to a wonderful entire planet? he said you call this pluto, but it is an entire spaceship, we entered your orbit hundreds of years ago..It was so beautiful, I wanted to go down to it as it was entirely made of crystal and had a BIG door where giant motherships entered and left.
He said I could not go there and touch down because the high molecular vibrations from them would harm the vessel..my body..
That is the way it started many years ago and I still know how benevolent they are,,my guides...nuff said.

[edit on 11-11-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I think one of the Soviet missions got there first.

yesfuture.portal.ru...
external image

And a later photo:

www.nmazca.com...
external image

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
WOW, thank you, pilot..where did you find these?
These are not as close as I saw, but the illumination is very similar..
I tried to find this site, but I only speak Suthen not Russian..How old are these images?
If you do not wish to post in public, u2u me and I will give you an email, if you choose..

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Call me ignorant but how hard would it to have a rover with a strong light take pictures?

Unless it was nuclear powered it wouldn't be able to cover much area before its batteries died. Our best rovers are all solar powered which would be of little use on the dark side of the moon. I guess you could make a nuclear powered one but many a eviromentalist would be up in arms.

Off topic the solar powered rovers Spirt and Opportunity are still alive on Mars right now. IMO thats pretty amazing good old solar power

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX

Originally posted by noslenwerd

Unless it was nuclear powered it wouldn't be able to cover much area before its batteries died. Our best rovers are all solar powered which would be of little use on the dark side of the moon. I guess you could make a nuclear powered one but many a eviromentalist would be up in arms.

Off topic the solar powered rovers Spirt and Opportunity are still alive on Mars right now. IMO thats pretty amazing good old solar power

Like I and other's have stated before in this thread and others. There is NO DARK SIDE of the moon, just a far side we don't see from earth. When you see a quarter moon, or a fingernail moon, the other side is illuminated by the sun. That side sees as much light as the side that faces earth.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Like I and other's have stated before in this thread and others. There is NO DARK SIDE of the moon, just a far side we don't see from earth. When you see a quarter moon, or a fingernail moon, the other side is illuminated by the sun. That side sees as much light as the side that faces earth.

I understand that concept thanks for sharing. There is a Dark side of the Moon its the side that doesn't face earth."dark"means "unknown and hidden" is it always dark no but all sides of the moon are dark for pretty long periods of time.

What good is a solar probe going to be when it has to go through weeks of complete darkness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join