It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Whats on TV? Alot More Sex

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Alrighty then lets get back to the topic at hand and cease personalizing the debate. It adds nothing to the discource of this interesting topic

Thanks
FredT

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Now back to the subject.

Can somebody tell me if in anytime in their lives they have been force to sit in front of a TV?

Can somebody tell me if in anytime in their lives they have been force to purchase a TV.

Can somebody tell me if in anytime in their lives they have been force into paying for programing.

This are the reasons I used to base my comments.

The end is that is all but a choice, watching tv is a choice.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
I cant state an opinion without being warned so continue on without me,thanx to all for their thoughts,i really just wanted to show the similar effects of different addictions and maybe didnt approach it the right way but still these warnings are imho, ridiculous

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimstradamus
I cant state an opinion without being warned so continue on without me,thanx to all for their thoughts,i really just wanted to show the similar effects of different addictions and maybe didnt approach it the right way but still these warnings are imho, ridiculous

Wrong, your "opinion" is welcome. your personal attacks aimed at any member are not.

You can debate the issues.. but please avoid personal attacks. it does little to advance your position or "opinions"

You earned the "ridiculous warnings"

Please stay on topic.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Saying that someone sounds like something or appears to be something is in fact opinion.my opinion is obviously not allowed.

And just like the turn off your tv defense,if my opinion is not liked isnt there a button for those to block me out or does that get used as often as the v chip

The same people that cry "dont censor my tv" are the same ones that cry for opinions other than their own to be censored.For those that find nothing on the addiction box offensive some are sure easily offended.

If it takes 2 warnings to show such a huge double standard then i wear them proudly.

[edit on 12-11-2005 by jimstradamus]

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Now back to the subject.

Can somebody tell me if in anytime in their lives they have been force to sit in front of a TV?

Can somebody tell me if in anytime in their lives they have been force to purchase a TV.

Can somebody tell me if in anytime in their lives they have been force into paying for programing.

This are the reasons I used to base my comments.

The end is that is all but a choice, watching tv is a choice.

substitute computer for tv and internet for programming and then look in the mirror and give your head a shake.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Marge, your weakness becomes all the more evident everytime you post.

sounding like a crack addict that lost their pipe.

I am very insulted from this post and I think that your are attacking me personally.

I am very oppose that in a show of bravado you don't have anything more intelligent to say than that.

I will like you to prove my addiction to crack and and I am challenging you here in ATS.

So I will be waiting for your prof.

Very nice to attack people when is nothing else to add I bet it makes you feel big and important instead of using your intellect to challenge me.

Pity.

You gave us the same advice in almost all your posts on here which is to shut off our tv if were offended by what we see, although when it comes right down to it,when you get offended you dont heed your own advice,so will you be revising your opinion or editing your previous posts.As my intellect is lacking,please help me understand.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   

substitute computer for TV and INTERNET for programming and then look in the mirror and give your head a shake.

Fear game, but still doesn't answer my questions, are you or anybody been force to sit in front of the TV against your will.

Are you or anybody been force to seat in front of the computer unless is work related.

Still is a choice, seating in front of a TV is a choice.

Complaining about the programs that TV now a days offers to the viewer is been targeted by pro family groups.

Telling people that sex is out there targeting their teens and young children.

That is OK, perhaps what I see as fine for me may fall in the indecent to you, perhaps when I see a commercial I don't see the sex innuendo as strong as somebody else, because is a matter of perception.

Against if something offends you in your TV programs or in your Internet then you have the choice to tune out.

You have a choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 06:36 PM
link   

substitute computer for tv and internet for programming and then look in the mirror and give your head a shake.

You have a good point, However, no one's complaining about how what's on the computer is hurting their child and that it should change. Not in this thread, anyway. So far, people seem willing to regulate their children's computer usage to an extent.

But I see a large number of people complaining what's on TV is hurting their children - then they go buy a TV for their child's room. Or let their child watch TV unsupervised at home or at friends' houses. Or use the TV as a baby sitter.

You gave us the same advice in almost all your posts on here which is to shut off our tv if were offended by what we see, although when it comes right down to it,when you get offended you dont heed your own advice...

The rules are different here on ATS than on TV. ATS's rules and guidelines govern this board. You might say they're the FCC of this board.

If the FCC said you wouldn't be seeing naked women on a show, then the TV show slipped in a naked woman, you'd have a right to complain. The rules are known. Personal attacks aren't permitted on ATS. We are here under the impression that we will not be attacked. When you watch TV, you have no guarantee that you wont see a sex scene, because the FCC allows it.

So, take it up with the FCC (or the ATS board, whichever you have the guts to do).

But if you turn on the TV, knowing full well what's on TV these days, and are offended by something you see, turn it iff or contact the FCC.

And I have yet to hear from the originator why he or she supports the very trash TV that they think shouldn't be televised...

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:04 PM
link   
When people get offended they dont shut off or has that not just been shown..It's easy to say but obviously not easy to do..When were offended we want changes made as Marge wanted changes made when i offended her,she didnt just shut off her computer..of course not because thats not the solution...i had 2 warnings in 10 seconds even though my statement was opinion and maybe thats the right thing to do but it shows that just shutting off is a ridiculous solution that had already been posted numerous times.I had to offend Marge to show that the people forever throwing out these ridiculous solutions wouldnt follow their own solution if faced with similiar circumstances....was it that hard to follow ?

Does knowledge of something mean support ?

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   

.As my intellect is lacking,please help me understand.

You decided to insult me rather to point out that I may be wrong on my opinion of turning off the TVs when something offend the viewer.

Perhaps in your haste to insult me you just forgot to explain why I was wrong but decided to call me an addict.

Also ATS do not allowed personal insults and telling you that if you don't like something that offend your eyes in your TV you have the choice to turn it off, is actually a fact not an isult.

Like I said you have a choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   

was it that hard to follow ?

No, I just disagree. I shut off that crap. It is easy. Was my explanation of 'known rules' too difficult to follow? Try this:

Here on ATS, we operate on the understanding that personal attacks will not be tolerated. If we didn't like ATS's rules, we'd shut it off.
See how that works? We'd go elsewhere. There are other boards out there that operate differently. Personal attacks are allowed. I don't visit those boards, and I doubt Marge does either.

When you watch TV, you operate on the understanding that there will be sex scenes. If you don't like those rules, turn it off. There are other channels and other means of entertainment and education to explore.

Does knowledge of something mean support ?

Not necessarily. But in this case, it is. Unless the originator was watching strictly for research purposes. The reason the crap is on TV is because people watch it! It's that simple.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Have we become so selfish that we cant believe theres a few people left out there that actually care about the state and direction that our society is headed,Obviously. Take all my points if you think thats why i started this thread..I posted because i care but you wouldnt understand.

Sorry for breaking your rules but i believe it was worth it to prove a point,if not to you,probably a few others.

We watch what keeps us in the seats watching advertisements,its not a choice,its what were provided.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Actually one of the reason I choose ATS and is the only board I am a member off is because here we respect each other and we care for each other.

One thing is to have a good debate on facts and opinions and another insult each other personally.

Is not reason why to shut down my ATS experience I will prefer to debate and I don't have to be worry about having somebody offending me personally that is what mods are around for to take care of things and they actually give you fast results.

While with TV you get your programing you are able to filter what you don't want to see and if you have a complain it takes a long time to get results.

Big difference.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Have we become so selfish that we cant believe theres a few people left out there that actually care about the state and direction that our society is headed,Obviously. Take all my points if you think thats why i started this thread..I posted because i care but you wouldnt understand.

Sorry for breaking your rules but i believe it was worth it to prove a point,if not to you,probably a few others.

We watch what keeps us in the seats watching advertisements,its not a choice,its what were provided.

I actually find it hard to turn on the TV nowadays. Just leve it off and U will have no qualms about any of this

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Fair enough . . . now I see your reference to addiction here without the crack, I actually understand now what you were trying to said, see is many ways to explain things.

Yes I agree that many people just sit in front of their TVs without any will but still they do have a choice.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
saying that something "sounds" like is actually opinion but your all welcome to make it "sound" like i jumped out of the screen and commited a federal crime.I offended you and you took acception..it's natural and expected. The same way it should be expected when people are offended but you fail to see the offense.Turning off one tv doesnt solve the problem.Sorry you fail to realize that.

If you so praise the high standards at ATS and that is why your here,then wouldnt these same high standards that must by now be deeply engrained in your moral base continue on through your other forms of entertainment,or is addiction what allows you to lose your sence of decency when ATS is off.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

If you so praise the high standards at ATS and that is why your here,then wouldnt these same high standards that must by now be deeply engrained in your moral base continue on through your other forms of entertainment,or is addiction what allows you to lose your sence of decency when ATS is off.

I don't know what you mean by that later part of your post, see, is not children in my home only my husband and me, our children are grown so TV and it's content is not issue to my husband and me.

when I don't like something I have the option to change the channel or turn the TV off.

Perhaps your own experiences with your TV and or the hold on you is what your are making as an issue in here?.

Now be careful by your wording.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Well ive learned a great lesson,accept what were provided and never expect better.You hear that kids,everything tv teaches you,accept it,enjoy it,live with it and love it and if you dont,just give up and shut off because you dont deserve any better.

posted on Nov, 12 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Well ive learned a great lesson,accept what were provided and never expect better.

I guess you had bad experiences with TV, I have not, so I can not relate to you, neither my children has been affected by it.

So what TV has done to you specifically is something that I may find interesting if you don't mind.

Rasing kids is a parental efford and resposibility and I do not blame the TV for that but the parents themselves.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join