It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria Sponsoring Anti-American "Conspiracy Film"!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by trodas
His movie is "The Power of the Nightmares". Bet you haven't seen that one, right?

Why not? Because when he asked why no-one is interesed about distributing the movie in USA, the distributors told him, that they can't. If they do distribute it, they will be crucified...

And that is because no one wants to see this crap. And it is crap.

So, other movies are okay, but this one is not? Why is that?

It's crap

Guaranted, the movie is not any propaganda, not picking on americans. Yet still, it is not welcome to USA citisens to see...?

Not propaganda? Get real.

On the other hand, from Hollycrap one can see tons of movies, where one get quite tired of seeing allways the same scenario. USA = good ones, some unnamed smelly arab/middle east dictator = bad one. It is almost awfull boring to watch again and again that the USA/Israel could do no wrong and everything they do is in the best intentions for the rest of the world... Every time is american soldier portrayed as hero and the one that care and his enemies are the brutal, sadistic ones, that kill the innocent civilians and stuff...

This is complete and udder crap.

Do you want me to list the anti-US movies made by hollywood?
In the last 3-4 months there have been these:

Syriana - about the oil industry and how the US is trying to steal it.

Lord of War - claimed to be based on true events
About the arms industry and how all the US does is kill people

Good night, and good luck. About how evil the US was for not wanting communists.

Jarhead - about how bad the US military is.

All of these are US made, were feature films, and have big name actors including:
George Clooney
Matt Damon
Nick Cage
Jamie Foxx
Jake Gyllenhaal

Especially "conspirative movies" about JFK/911 and Iraq war is taboo.

your kidding me right?

The titles of two critically aclaimed US made films are titled: JFK and Fahrenheit 9/11.

And let's not forget that the most popular conspiracy TV program of all time was "the X-files" which ran on fox (yes, those evil Bush supporters), and was most decidedly anti-US government.

Another taboo is the "antisemitic movies" that trying to question the jews way of handling palestinians...

That is because Jews run Hollywood.

So, are you guys saying that as long, as the movie did not offend anyone (eg. it did not contract the way USA and Israel if generaly portrayed), it is okay to show it and if it does upset people, then it is not okay to show it?

No, we are saying you can make any movie you want, and show it to who ever you want.

But just because you make a movie, it does not mean that anyone has an obligation to show it.

If a film company or TV station does not think it will atract viewers, they won't play it. These things are about making money, and frankly, the US is the one with the spending power. If it isn't going to be popular here, it isn't worth much and so most likely will not get picked up here.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:01 AM
link   
let me ask you one question american mad man....

have you seen it???

NO?

Well you are in no position to criticise it purely based upon what your right wing media has told you about it.

watch it, then come back and comment on it

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by arnold_vosloo
let me ask you one question american mad man....

have you seen it???

NO?

Well you are in no position to criticise it purely based upon what your right wing media has told you about it.

watch it, then come back and comment on it

I don't need to. Just from the discription I know what it's about, and it's crap.

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 06:37 AM
link   
arnold_vosloo - good point. People that judge about things based on assumptions and "descriptions" w/o even getting touched by the reality of what they judge aren't almost worth arguing about.
Maybe not almost, but totally, because they argue based on their believs, and you cannot turn upside down their believs by just saying something...

American Mad Man - let's skip the harsh fouling of ours of something, that you have't seen and concentrate to your more productive parts of your post.
I never heard about one of these movies, and ShareTheFiles.com returned 0 (yep, zero) results of them, so it is almost like they did not exist. (tought IMDB list them well and they do exist)
And that is sort of the point - yet, movies showing the unpopular view are made, however nowhere near to be found. It is like movie "The World According To Bush" witch also does exist, but all I have is very low quality 480x356 pixels wmv version with forced encoded French subtitles

And I know one member of one forum, that has a DVD version of it, yet with his dial-up connection he can't share it, so...

To put it short, any movie that presenting the other, more close to reality IMHO, view of things are not baned by state, but baned by the "market" - eg. people deciding what will sell, and what will nto sell.

Nice example you presented itself. Yes, Fahrenheit 9/11 (witch I did not like that much, since Moore went too far to blame everything on Bush, while Clinton does the same in Kosovo war... so how these two are different in this case?!) made it to being in cinema here, but far more interesting, accurate and alerming Bowling for Columbine does not. Same for JFK, or Appocalypse Now - especially I love my Redux edition of this DVD, or course R1 and sort of "smugled in" since europe is R2 region and it is illegal to sold R1 DVDs there to TO this region

But OTOH, a stupid hero movie We were soldiers made it there

Or what about Nixon? In Playboy interview Oliver Stone says that Nixon was ignored. Can't be more right about it. Especially since the movie picked up some serious themes - not only the JFK assasination conspiracy, but mainly the political ways to win and when it pictured the jew Kissinger as traitor and provocateur, and some Jew-York city remarks - granted the jews that own Hollycrap don't want hear about it at all...

X-files? Come on, this is a funny show
I used to watch one version and turned off TV when they explained desoleted street as if there passed a small black hole...
As fun this could be taken, but Im still refuse to watch this, as Im not entierly physic-laws unaware

"the US is the one with the spending power. If it isn't going to be popular here, it isn't worth much"

Thanks for another argument for my point of view

posted on Nov, 11 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by trodas
American Mad Man - let's skip the harsh fouling of ours of something, that you have't seen and concentrate to your more productive parts of your post.

Actually, I must apologize for my strong language. I have been up for ever trying to get work done, and I am posting on here to give myself some little mini-breaks... Now that it is 8am and I am done, I can relax a little.

I never heard about one of these movies, and ShareTheFiles.com returned 0 (yep, zero) results of them, so it is almost like they did not exist. (tought IMDB list them well and they do exist)

Well, Jarhead, Syriana, Lord of War, and Goodnight, and goodluck have not made it to DVD yet. Lord of War bombed in the box office, so I don't think you will hear about it.

And that is sort of the point - yet, movies showing the unpopular view are made, however nowhere near to be found. It is like movie "The World According To Bush" witch also does exist, but all I have is very low quality 480x356 pixels wmv version with forced encoded French subtitles

And I know one member of one forum, that has a DVD version of it, yet with his dial-up connection he can't share it, so...

Well, I would beg to differ. These movies are being advertised all over the airwaves in the US. The reason you can't find them on a P2P program is that some are in the theaters, or not even released yet. But believe me, they do exist. Jarhead and Goodnight, and goodluck in particular are being hailed as some of the best movies of the year - especially Jarhead

Syriana isn't out yet - I believe it comes out in theaters in about a week or two state side - and is one of the "blockbusters" of the fall. Lord of War was out over the summer, but bombed (because it was a really bad movie, though the advertising made it look really good).

To put it short, any movie that presenting the other, more close to reality IMHO, view of things are not baned by state, but baned by the "market" - eg. people deciding what will sell, and what will nto sell.

I agree. Movie companies are trying to make money...they are in it for the bottom line. So they put out what they think will sell.

Nice example you presented itself. Yes, Fahrenheit 9/11 (witch I did not like that much, since Moore went too far to blame everything on Bush, while Clinton does the same in Kosovo war... so how these two are different in this case?!) made it to being in cinema here, but far more interesting, accurate and alerming Bowling for Columbine does not. Same for JFK, or Appocalypse Now - especially I love my Redux edition of this DVD, or course R1 and sort of "smugled in" since europe is R2 region and it is illegal to sold R1 DVDs there to TO this region

BFC was a farse IMO. Moore is an idiot, and frankly I can't watch his movies. Apocolypse Now was a great movie, and that is about as anti-war as you can get (and funny because I would have much rather have seen Heart of Darkness made into a movie).

X-files? Come on, this is a funny show
I used to watch one version and turned off TV when they explained desoleted street as if there passed a small black hole...
As fun this could be taken, but Im still refuse to watch this, as Im not entierly physic-laws unaware

It's not a show I really watched either, but I just thought I'd point it out. I mean, the whole basis of the show was that there was an NWO and alien invasion...

[edit on 11-11-2005 by American Mad Man]

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Skippy

Um...You have no clue. Did you even read the words? You can say anything you want, thats your right. But its not a right to use any and all methods to say it. You DO NOT have the right to use TV to broadcast your rantings. If somebody who has the ability to broadcast chooses to broadcast your propaganda, then thats their right. But you dont have the right to have it broadcast.

LOL, then why don't you extend that to FOX news network and their rantings?

Who are you to decide who has the right to say what and where and how?

I belive that's called, dictatorship.

If somebody who has the ability to broadcast chooses to broadcast your propaganda, then thats their right.

So then Syria has the ability to have the film broadcast, and that's our right.

So then what is your problem?

ToxicDelirium

Im sick of American double standards and hypocrisy. The Americans are allowed to play all the anti Iraqi, anti Islamic propaganda they like, the video stores are literally flooded with it but as soon as someone plays anti American propaganda, its terrorist and shouldnt be allowed to be played.

Same here.

. Predictably though, it turned into an Anti-US fest, complete with obscure references to Oliver Nort

And i was almost was going to decide not to watch that movie, thanks for the tip.

Syrian sister,

what exactly is at Guantanamo bay?

Can i really answer that with any authority? I think ToxicDelirium's response was quiet good ,he could have gone into a bit more detail into the kind of torture the prisoners are exposed to. But it's a pitty that such a member has been banned for reasons unknown.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Skippy

Um...You have no clue. Did you even read the words? You can say anything you want, thats your right. But its not a right to use any and all methods to say it. You DO NOT have the right to use TV to broadcast your rantings. If somebody who has the ability to broadcast chooses to broadcast your propaganda, then thats their right. But you dont have the right to have it broadcast.

LOL, then why don't you extend that to FOX news network and their rantings?

Can you read?

You DO NOT have the right to use TV to broadcast your rantings. If somebody who has the ability to broadcast chooses to broadcast your propaganda, then thats their right.

Clearly FOX would be one such entity that has the ability to broadcast, right? Clearly they have used their right to free speech and chosen who they wish to speak.

Who are you to decide who has the right to say what and where and how?

No one. If you can get enough money to get a TV station or film company company going, be our guest.

The fact is though, just because you may want something of yours to be on TV doesn't mean that you can just broadcast it - you must have the means.

So then Syria has the ability to have the film broadcast, and that's our right.

So then what is your problem?

The problem is it is clearly anti-American. That is the problem we have with it, though you will notice none of us said it should be banned or not broadcasted.

And i was almost was going to decide not to watch that movie, thanks for the tip.

Because I am such a good American, I will advise you to save your money. It was a really bad movie beyond the political slant. If you just want to indoctrinate yourself though, then you will find this film usefull.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Now that we've properly agreed that no ones freedoms of speech are being infringed upon, can we go ahead and define the problem here?

The *privlege* of brodcasting ones beliefs/propaganda/opinions far and wide depends almost entirely upon its ability to sell; $$$.

This is the problem my friends. $$$ > truth. Until we re-evaluate what we value - anti-whoever films will continue to soar, and facts will continue to take the back burner.

i see the pendulum swinging;

can anybody suggest some good films to me? Its too bad I might have to import them from some foreign country for 3 times what they should be worth - but I like a good provoking thought every now and then.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 04:45 AM
link   
On a somewhat related note here, it's funny to see how Anti-Americanism is spreading like wildfire lately, all the people in the Netherlands I know have some sort of anti-american view, esspecially about bush.

I find this a it disturbing since we once were like trying to immitate the US in every which way, many of the dutch people back in the day felt like JFK was their president too and they were shocked to find out he got assasinated.

And now we completely turned around forgetting what the US did during operation Market Garden?

Also a funny Anti-American flicks is Team America: World Police, quite hillarious, I don't know who they try to mock more, the US, the Terrorist or Hollywood! LOL it's great.

Well I have nothing against movies involving conspiracy, those kind of things are gaining in popularity all around the world, not only in the Middle East

top topics

<< 1   >>

join