It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do you believe in hell?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Why do you feel a need to believe in hell? I believe the closest thing to hell is being stuck here on earth and you soul doesn't evolve and you are stuck in lifes cycle of death and rebirth. I mean really think about how you could even love a Deity that would send his/her children to hell.

I just cant get behind that one. Dont believe? Go to hell. Believe? Go to heaven! I'm gonna go meditate on all this for now. You Christians in the mean time pray on it.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I believe in Hell because the Bible mentions it many times!

Matthew 5:22
"But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, 'Raca, ' is answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, 'You fool!' will be in danger of the fire of hell."

Matthew 5:30
"And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Matthew 10:28
"Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell."

Luke 16:23
"In hell, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side."

2 Peter 2:4 "For if God did not spare the angels who sinned, but cast them down to hell and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved for judgment;"

I could go on, as there are many others, but you get the point!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Well not because a book told you it is there I was hoping for your own judgement. After all th bible was written by men, and why use other mens opinions.

Everyone has God inside them. If you know how to listen he does whisper in your mind. Pray on it, do not let the bible influence your answer, ask God would you really send your chidren to hell for not believing in Jesus? Ask God he will tell you the right answer if you clear your mind and listen to hime and not the bible!

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Well not because a book told you it is there I was hoping for your own judgement. After all th bible was written by men, and why use other mens opinions.

This is an excellent website that explains the reliability of the Bible as being the Word of God, not man. God used man as the "writing instrument" as a pen or pencil is to us.
www.leaderu.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.leaderu.com...

Everyone has God inside them.

Only the people who trust in Christ are God's Children. Acts 2:39
"This promise is to you and to your children, and even to the Gentiles --all who have been called by the Lord our God."

If 'everyone had God inside them' then this verse wouldn't exist.

If you know how to listen he does whisper in your mind. Pray on it, do not let the bible influence your answer,

How can I not let the Bible influence my answer? That is His word. Since I have read the entire Book, it would have to have at least some influence on my answer even if I didn't quote verses to you.
The only way I could not let the Bible influence me is if I had never read it.

ask God would you really send your chidren to hell for not believing in Jesus? Ask God he will tell you the right answer if you clear your mind and listen to hime and not the bible!

It is more than not believing in Jesus.
We all deserve hell becase we have all sinned against Him.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Let's try that link again, if it doesn't work, then just copy and paste it into your browser.

www.leaderu.com... " target="_blank" class="postlink">www.leaderu.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

ask God would you really send your chidren to hell for not believing in Jesus?

God doesn't SEND people there, you choose to go there by rejecting His offer of forgivenss and eternal life through His Son.

posted on Nov, 9 2005 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Here we go. Duelling websites. Here's my favorite for this topic. Read and learn. www.bibletruths.com...

This site is a ministry of love. We charge for nothing; we have nothing to sell; we ask for nothing. All we at bibletruths have full-time jobs to support both our families and this site. The site requires thousands of man hours and thousands of dollars annually to operate. It is FREE to all. And our goal is to teach the Truths of God as He has given us understanding.

Start with the "Lake of Fire" series. You will be surprised. If you're a "fire & brimstone" guy, you will be upset. If you don't understand how a loving God can condemn people to eternal torment, you will be reassured. If you're a total non-believer, you'll be wasting your time. Spiritual things are discerned spiritually. But there's good news and reassurance there, I promise.

posted on Nov, 17 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
A good site to check out is this. What The Hell is Hell?

You have to understand, the bible has been traslated so many times that it only contains about 5% truth in my opinion. I don't believe in hell the same way as radical christians do. I believe that hell is what you make for yourself. We don't go to heaven, we grow to heaven. Our inner spirituality determines our next life, not some God who loves his children so much that he will burn them alive for all eternity. I believe there is validity in Jesus, as there is in Buddha and other prophets. If you go to the very core of what they were teaching, you will find some common things. They all preached love, forgiveness, compassion, and the divine nature of the human spirit. As long as you love your fellow man, you will grow to heaven.

The only way someone can grow to hell is due to selfishness, hate, and violence. We are divine, we are in charge, we create our own reality, and the only hell that exists is the hell that we make for ourselves. This isnt just wild speculation either. Many people have had near death experiences were they have talked to Jesus and he has said that love is the only thing that qualifies someone for a good afterlife. Don't trust the bible. It is a book written by man, translated by man, manipulated by man, and exploited by man. I think that the original concept of Hell was as a place which the hateful make for themselves. I just can't believe that a God would send a loving, compassionate, peaceful person into a lake of fire simply for having a different belief system.

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:22 AM
link   
I just CAN NOT understand people who believe in Electric Chair, and yet they do not believe in punishment of Hell.

I just can't.

---

posted on Nov, 25 2005 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by just me 2

ask God would you really send your chidren to hell for not believing in Jesus?

God doesn't SEND people there, you choose to go there by rejecting His offer of forgivenss and eternal life through His Son.

I believe in hell but I think this explanation is a tad over simplified. I believe it is reserved for those who when faced with their Creator truly reject Him. When faced with pure love, they choose hate and bitterness and are condemned to it by their own choice.

I personally don't subscribe to reincarnation, but I think it's moot since many of those who are not condembed to hell still need to evolve further prior to deserving the ultimate reward, I just think that doesn't occur on this "plane".

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by LoneGunMan
God would you really send your chidren to hell for not believing in Jesus?

Jesus, actually addresses this in the gospels. Matthew 7, 21.
"Not all who cry "Lord, Lord" shall enter the Kingdom, but he that does the will of my Father"
This is one of my favorite verses and it also humbles me. I must be my faith , not just speak it.

Ask God he will tell you the right answer if you clear your mind and listen to him and not the bible!

I listen to the bible, I hope the Holy Spirit will reveal the truth in spite of man, and my own ignorance.
And I listen to Gods voice in the wind, the roaring sea, the singing of birds and all creation.
Do I believe in Hell?????
WIS

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The bible is full of tricks on the mind, each time you read it, something subliminal feeds into your sub conciounce. There is no hell, hell is denial, hell is a closed mind. Heaven? Heaven is simple knowledge. The red sea wasn't literally parted. Read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.. Hies views are ignored and judged. Sure, he puts a plot and story around hi thoughts, but they're not that far from accurate. In a sense anway. Ignorance is bliss.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This universe is so large, how could we be the only life in it?

Now this does not reflect my beliefs, but the "aliens" were supposed to have manipulated human beings through religion. If that is true, then there is nothing to worry about death. I do not believe in hell because it would seem unlikely that a loving father could do such a thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 09:30 PM
link   
This universe is so large, how could we be the only life in it?

Now this does not reflect my beliefs, but the "aliens" were supposed to have manipulated human beings through religion. If that is true, then there is nothing to worry about death. I do not believe in hell because it would seem unlikely that a loving father could do such a thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2007 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Sorry about the non related post.

With the whole alien manipulating us into religion, I disbelieve that. There's supposedly 3 major types of alien species out there. "Greys, Blondes, and Reptilians". A good freind of mine told me he was enlightened once, and that after that moment he slept with a blade under his bed. He told me that there is a thing called 3rd density beings, another form of reptilian. Were harvested from time to time, now this is what I was told, I don't necessarily believe it. He told me our main purpose in life is to feed, feed another lifefrom, "Reptilians". This is something created for us, to pass the time.. And we also have a decision as a type of 3rd density beings, our spirits, to live as human beings. Until we are grown like plants, ripe enough to feed on. When we are consumed we are then reborn into another 3rd density being, and have the decision to be fully disposed, or come back here for another run at life. If you've seen the Matrix you may have a better understanding. Another POV. The Greys are a dying breed, so they come here to extract bodily organs and or fluids from our bodies. So they can accelerate their species' birth rate, thus, sroties of "hybrids". There have been reports of abductees stating that they have been given an egg, or a crystal after being abducted, or even in their dreams. And this egg is something that will expose of itself in due time, even before it can be examined by proper authorities. And supposedly the "Blondes, greys, and reptilians" in a three way battle. The Blondes disagree with what the greys are doing to us, some believe that the blondes are "cousins" to humans. And they are spectating on what they once were. They are supposed to be far more advanced than us, but we are catching up with excessive speed. Not for another dozen lifetimes though. The greys are were at war with the reptilians for centurys, and now the blondes are joining the battle. And for what? Our puny species? Isn't that crazy? Of course, it's only a few opinions fused into one solid statement. And where is the one called god? Is this one we called god our 3rd density being friends? The ones who made us into nothing but a field of goodies? Well, maybe religion was put on us from other lifeforms to distract us to what's really going on. The battle in outspace is over who gets us, and the battle on earth is of religion and recources. And the battle of religion is of Heaven and Hell, Jahova and Lucifer. HAHAHA. AN ENDLESS CYCLE. "War is just mother natures way of thinning out the herd". So do I believe in hell? No.. Do I believe in what I just typed down? I'm not sure, but it's very interesting.. Right?

Oh yea, didn't mean to make a thread about believeing in hell about ET. As you can see, this is probably the reason why I don't have many friends..

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I simply can't make sense of everlasting torture by fire.

God, by definition, must be greater than I am - otherwise it is not God.

If my child lies about something, I am disappointed because I care about his character. I punish him humanely so that he will know better next time.

The punishment is a sort of guidance that leads him to be a better person.

If I messed up and was sentenced to burn for all eternity, there would be no next time. Therefore, the punishment is not guidance, it is merely suffering - and to what end? Would it better me? No. Would it make the world a better place? No. Would it make anything, anywhere, better for anyone? No.

I can only conclude that my suffering would be the result of sadism, or mental illness on the part of one who wanted me to suffer.

God, by definition, must be greater than I am - otherwise it is not God.

I would not subject anyone to pointless suffering and so God, being better than I am, would not either.

I don't want to pick on you just me 2, I am just using your quote because I have heard others say the same. I don't want you to change your beliefs, I just find this method to be an expedient way of expressing my beliefs.

Here are my thoughts on this "choosing to go there":

Let's say my child lied and so I set him on fire. I tell the judge that I am not responsible because it is not a matter of me setting him on fire. You see, he chose to burn because he did not do as I said. Sure I purchased the flame thrower just for the occasion, but it's really his fault that I had to use it.

These are some of the reasons that I simply do not understand the concept of hell.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I don't.

short post
filler
filler
filler
filler

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 05:41 PM
link   

This is an excellent website that explains the reliability of the Bible as being the Word of God, not man. God used man as the "writing instrument" as a pen or pencil is to us.
www.leaderu.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.leaderu.com...
LOL Ha ha what a complete irony, one statement saying "dont believe the bible as its the work of man" and another saying " heres a website (another work of man) that proves that the bible is not a work of man.

G

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 08:34 PM
link   
The subject of a belief in hell has been addressed in BTS thread 235826 and BTS thread 233546.

posted on Mar, 3 2007 @ 09:12 PM
link   
MadSeason313,

Your response to my response was rude and childish, I never said I believed in ET. So you in a way are only hurting yourself.

Now don't qoute me on this one and derail the thread.

[edit on 3-3-2007 by wildcat]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join