It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Election Day Tuesday 11/7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
For us in America that is.
Don't forget to vote--if you think it'll do any good! :p

As for Ohio elections--NO on issues 1-5. 2-5 would make it so it'll be easier to get away with vote fraud, in a nutshell. No accountability.

So who's voting on what around America?

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 09:52 PM
link   
You see the commercial Bob Taft had for support of those issues? It aired once as far as I know in Bono/Northwood. He did the basic Republican tap dance of "Vote for this or you are a evil gay/jew/black/other democrat that will be sent to a detention camp once God declares himself King of America, officially.

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
You see the commercial Bob Taft had for support of those issues? It aired once as far as I know in Bono/Northwood. He did the basic Republican tap dance of "Vote for this or you are a evil gay/jew/black/other democrat that will be sent to a detention camp once God declares himself King of America, officially.

Um........Bob Taft is against 2-5. From what I can gather, it's for good reason. 2 would allow all Ohioans to vote by mail, which makes vote fraud easy. We need a system in this country that makes sure that voters are who they say they are, ID should be required to vote in all states.

Source:Election Day - Behind Enemy Lines
There were roughly 100,000 new voter registrations in Philadelphia alone. When the RNC received the list of new registrants, they promptly sent out brochures, welcoming them to the process and promoting Republican candidates. Soon, some of those brochures began coming back with notations like "deceased" or "vacant lot" or "abandoned warehouse" on them. In all, returned mailings totaled around 10,000. That's 10,000 registrations that appeared to be fraudulent.

This is a great account of how easy it would be to commit fraud under this system. It's a great account of election day shananigans too, if you have the time, read it. After about 10k registrations came back as fraudulent, a poll watcher was sent in with a list of all of the fraudulent names so that he could watch for them coming to vote. This list was taken away by a democrat lawyer and he was accused of voter intimidation.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I live in Ohio and Bob Taft hasn't exactly struck me as someone to be taking advice from...he seems fairly shady from all that's happned in the past year. That said, issues 2-5 are an absolute joke. They're touted as a way to stop corruption, but all they'll do is encourage it. The supporters of the issues want some corruption of their own to compete with the coin-traders
, that's all.

I'm not completely set against issue 1. It seems like they just want to take out a giant loan (technically a bond) with no plan to pay for it, aside from betting that the loan wil result in increasing revenues enough to pay for it. So it just seems like another way for politicians to get their hands on a load of money to dole out to whomever they choose. Same thing they've been doing for centuries, just now they do it with 'future' tax dollars instead of 'current' tax dollars. However, maybe the gamble will pay off and do what they claim it will. I think what worries me the most is the commercial saying it's supported by both democrats and republicans. Any time both parties are gung ho for a bill to give them more cash to spend, a red flag should go up in your head.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
I'm in the Constitution Party Yahoo group, and they say no on 1 because it involves experimenting on the unborn or something to that effect.

I'm voting NO on 1-5. I'm also going to vote for Carol White Millhoan for Clerk of Courts (I'm in Wayne County), and I'm also going to vote YES for the new Wayne County Public Library. Our current library has just a dinky parking lot. I've seen the new Orrville library and that thing looks great!

Here are the first five issues in Ohio:

Issue 1 is an expansion of Taft's Third Frontier Initiative. Thus far, $325 million has been shelled out to just 64 companies that employ a total of only 454 people; that's $5 million per company and over $700,000 per job. If the amendment passes, the state will borrow $2 billion, $500 million of it to fund risky business ventures that the governor and two appointees choose to favor. Taxpayers must repay the $2 billion plus $1.8 billion in interest and debt service.

The proposed amendment also negates the current requirement that tax revenue be spent only for the purpose for which it was collected. Proponents are hawking this amendment as a way to create jobs and fund public works projects. However, the existing money for such projects hasn't been spent so adding more money isn't necessary.

Issue 2 would make it convenient for people to vote by absentee or provisional ballot but opens a huge door for voter fraud. This amendment is unnecessary; the General Assembly recently passed a bill to make voting easier, but with ID, to reduce the opportunity for fraud.

Issue 3 is designed to limit individual campaign contributions. Yet, "small donor action committees," primarily the offspring of labor unions, would be permitted to give unlimited amounts of union dues, from anywhere in the country, to favored candidates without identifying contributors.

Issue 4 seeks to change how voting districts are drawn. Districts would be drawn using a formula that could create a bizarre district stretching from Troy to Cleveland. The map that scores the highest, with minor deviations, must be accepted by the committee, regardless of logic or compactness - even if submitted by a non-Ohioan.

Issue 5 attempts to transfer duties of the secretary of state to an unelected nine-person board. A four-to-four vote would leave the ultimate decision in the hands of one appointee. Election duties have been competently handled by both Democrat and Republican secretaries of state and local boards of elections for generations, yet proponents of this amendment want to hand this important work to an appointed board

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I wouldn't trust Taft either, he is a republican who already got convicted of crimes. Yep, just like all the other republicans he is evil. Except I guess he wasn't important enough to protect like Rove.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Full Metal
Yep, just like all the other republicans he is evil.

JamesTheLesser

If you're sneaking back in after getting banned, then perhaps you should learn from your mistake, and understand why it happened in the first place - instead of repeating the same garbage over and over again.

You're both from Ohio, and you both produce the same kind of irritating, cringeworthy, immature blanket statements that paints half the country with the same broad stroked brushes.

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Well I'm in Houston and I went to vote. There's a fairly uncontested Mayoral race and some city council positions up for grabs. The only reason I bothered was to vote against an amendment that bans gay marriage. It's a statewide amendment so it'll probably pass...oh well...

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   
? Bob taft was convicted of being evil.

Also, I haven't read any posts by James the Lesser, have any links to show me how unoriginal I am being?(And here I thought I wou;d win the 'Most Original Emmy' for 2005) Also, how is it the Republicans can call Bill CLinton/Gays/Blacks evil, yet someone calls them evil back after they get caught with their hands in the evil cookie jar it is wrong to call them evil? Sccoter ring a bell? Illegal invasion of Iraq? Haliburton/Enron/Oil Companies? KKK/FCR ring a bell? All evil, all republican.

Looked through PTS, found a couple topics that say were made by James the Lesser yet nothing. Is it my computer or what? Tried reading the Pro-Life VIOLENCE one and it has people talking to themselves/posts not there.

Edit again, it is Pro Life Violence, not Pro Life Abortion

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Full Metal]

[edit on 8-11-2005 by Full Metal]

posted on Nov, 8 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
So Full Metal is JTL, makes sense.

Off to ignoreland you go Full Metal!

join