It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: U.S Used World As Chemical Weapon Dumping Ground

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MayetSomeone asked me before where I would dump the weapons... well I wouldn't because I wouldn't of created them in the first place....

answer, dont go on about a fantasy world, with nowhere left to store these weapons what would you do?

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I told you already..tis no fantasy.. I wouldn't have made them in the first place. How much clearer can I be....

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Create a new industry of Reverse Engineering the Technology and recycle it back into other useful things. As for the chemicals, neutralize and/or break them back down to their original properties and if possible use them in other area's as well. It's similar to the growing Recycling Industry which we've adopted, slowly but it's happening, to help with the problem of excess landfill waste. Only this would obviously require a little more training and higher paying positions since we're dealing with very dangerous materials and so forth. But that's good for everyone anyway, it creates jobs, get's the economy flowing and so forth...

The whole point is to quit thinking about everything as waste which has no use after it's been made but no longer needed. Everything can be used for something, although sometimes we need to look a little harder to find out where it can be used. It's just stupid, short sighted, lazy and extremely careless to continue to create such things without any plan for proper disposal when they are not needed. It's called planning ahead and is a basic and fundimental step whenever you set out to complete some future goals or project. So why aren't they doing it???

Not to mention that simply dumping this kind of crap around the globe without any thought as to it's effect on the ecosystem is just stupid and dangerous for everyone and everything, including those who are dumping it. I'm not sure what's more disturbing, the fact that they are dumping this stuff like this, or that these same people doing the dumping and controlling so much of what's happing in the world are that dumb to poison their own food, air and water supply. They obviously haven't got enough sense to keep from killing themselves, their own family and friends or anyone else on the planet.

I mean think about it. We would thow a fit if some short order cook didn't wash his hands before preparing our food, but we turn a blind eye to those who dump weapons and bio-chemical materials directly into the planet where all our food and water come from!!!

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Yes Mojom I was thinking about how we could recycle it for other purposes. Energy, and so on.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm
I mean think about it. We would thow a fit if some short order cook didn't wash his hands before preparing our food, but we turn a blind eye to those who dump weapons and bio-chemical materials directly into the planet where all our food and water come from!!!

Yes look what a fit was caused by a finger in a fast food take out order.

US went into Iraq on the premise that they had weapons of mass destruction and heres the US all along responsible for dumping more of the stuff than Iraq could dream of...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Dumping toxic or radioactive is still going on.

I know someone personally who spent considerable amount of time on a nuclear submarine not long ago. He informed me that the Navy routinely dumps radio active waste "rods" into the deepest areas of the ocean from their nuclear submarines. It's much cheaper and easier than doing it on land. That's not to say that ALL of them do, because that would become obvious after awhile.

It is disgusting by any standard. We're ALL gonna pay for these transgressions! Some of us humans are worse than parasites. Parasites don't kill their host.

It sometimes makes me wanna give up on recycling and being environmentally conscious since it doesn't really feel like I can make a difference given the atrocious behaviour of human institutions. But I realize that it is not just about saving a can from filling a landfill, it's about attitude and perspective. It is good to remember that ANY of us can change the world by our actions. Chaos theory shows us that the flapping of a butterflies wing in Brazil can (although the probability is small) affect weather patterns in North America. We are like those butterflies and the more of us there are with the proper perspective and attitude toward our planet, the more likely that the "butterfly" effect will turn the tides back toward preserving and respecting our precious planet Earth. Please join me, won't you?

Peace,

~Jammer+

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Too bad this happened

I believe attempting a cleanup, might cause more problems than leaving it alone..
At least the Chem weapons were not used for their original purpose.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This is one of a very few stories that Ive read, ever, that have left me speechless. This type of story hits meclose to home. A close friend of mine that spends the summer on an Island in Georgia called Tibey Island has a lost Nuclear Device right off shore. Even though its not a threat it proves to show that the US is very careless when it comes to such horrible weapons... I cant find the link on here that has the story.

If any of this stuff is to happen leak out...not even God could help us...

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayet

Everyone is so quick to jump to the defence, there is no defence, this is a crime.

Also - it doesn't matter that the US did not dump this stuff in their own backyard.

Newsflash: everything is connected; everything on earth gets around and affects everything else on the planet. Bird flu and other diseases epidemic in the USA are part of the planet's response - these chemicals are a factor in microbial adaptation and evolution.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
im sick of people hating the usa for everything. the wolrd is being destroyed by all countries, all goverments , and numerous people. its a human problem. not just the hated usa. dont think im all for the damage the usa has done to the earth. i havent even littered in 15 + years.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by elitegamer23

im sick of people hating the usa for everything.

It's not about hating the USA. It's about accountability and responsibility. It's about the fact that problems cannot be solved until they are acknowledged.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Bird flu and other diseases epidemic in the USA are part of the planet's response - these chemicals are a factor in microbial adaptation and evolution.

Are you so sure of this, soficrow?
Got any scientific or medical analysis or correlation reportings citing empirically what you are insinuating quoted above?

Furthermore, if such is a crime as some here are playing this out to be, then why not seek legal recourse? Better yet, write letter's to your national governments and demand action be taken. Write your state Senator or Congressman and demand the same. Hell, write to the UN? If actions speak louder than words, would that not also apply in this case and topic, especially since what has occurred is being so vilified?

seekerof

[edit on 3-11-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
yeah but its still a global problem, how many countries are standing up and saying they are screwing the world, i dont see many. any pollution or damage to teh earth is bad, it doesnt matter if the usa is a bigger polluter then probably any other nation. its a global problem and its going to take a global response to stop the destruction of earth. if the usa quit polluting tomorrow. the problem wouldnt go away.

posted on Nov, 3 2005 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
It's not about hating the USA. It's about accountability and responsibility. It's about the fact that problems cannot be solved until they are acknowledged.

The problem here is that the US is time-in and time-out the main topic of such accountability and responsibility. If you have not noticed yet, the pattern of condemnation is quite self-evident. Hence, others making such comments that required your making such an eloquent reply, as quoted above, back to.

seekerof

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Thank you, Mayet for bringing to my attention.

Though I do not believe in the making of these weapons, I guess at the time it was a good idea to design, test and produce weapons that can cause serious damage not just to the people but to other wildlife and also the environment. Then to realise "ooops they're not needed, throw 'em in the ocean", thats the most stupid of stupid idea's. Me personally I would have stored them in space and remember there is ALOT more space than there is life, water and nature.

To be honest, with the bird flu coming and all this bad talk about what man has done to himself and his environment I would guess mother nature is getting ready for a clear out.

To condone these acts is literally signing your own death certifcate. It's true I used to laugh at groups like greenpeace etc. but when you see with your own eyes what this stuff can do it most definatly changes your perspective and how you treat the environment, if it doesn't and you still want to live life in blissful ignorance then I would imagine your going to learn the hard way. Your choice.

Also its not just arms companies causing damage its ourselves and our drugs,

Water contamination

Pharmaceuticals and antibiotics given to both humans and animals are passed into wastewater and end up in rivers, groundwater and soils. European studies summarized by Schiermeier (2003) find that these fugitive chemicals can adversely affect soil bacteria and aquatic plants but had little effect on crops, worms, insects or fish. If sewage were treated with ozone, 99% of these drugs would be broken down.

~Peace~

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I had access to a lot of technical papers produced by Greenpeace and it makes exceptionally scary reading. What we hear about in the press is a v ery very tiny tip of an exceedingly large iceberg. I would not be suprised if governments kept quiet about all the horrors out there not for some conspiracy theory reason but simply because they themselves can't cope nor comprehend the scale......

Did you know about the ship purposely sunk in the Thames estury after wwII full of explosives......and its rotting......and if it goes up so does part of London. Not only that but nobody can do a damn thing about it because if they did it might send the thing off NICE ONE ! Oh nearly forgot to tell you about the beaches in Scotland where phosphorus washes up now and then and explodes. It comes from all the armaments "buried" safely at sea. Needless to say these are reported iceberg tips!

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I'm all for it, the sooner we trash this planet, the more incentive there will be to colonize other worlds.
Then green peace, peta, and every other activist group can have their own custom terraformed world!
Each race could grab up their own planets and stop complaining about each other.
There could be gay and lesbian planets where they advance the concept of cloneing and other reproductive means to survive.

And all we need to do is have some motovation to dump ungodly amounts of cash into public space programs and not into secret labs or american jihads against foreign sovern nations.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jammerman
It is disgusting by any standard. We're ALL gonna pay for these transgressions! Some of us humans are worse than parasites. Parasites don't kill their host.
~Jammer+

Yes they do
You are thinking of symbiotes which co-exist with the host.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why are You people DEFENDING these Idiots, who dumped several Tons of Chemical and Nuclear Waste into OUR Oceans?

We ALL Live on this Planet, remember?

You, Me, Them - but THEY act like its their Dumpster, and that they can dispose of any Garbage they can, without paying the Bill.

Guess who is going to Pay the Price - Again...

Here is a thread, related to this topic:

Army secret surfaces: Deadly chemicals at sea

[edit on 4/11/05 by Souljah]

[edit on 4/11/05 by Souljah]

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What does the ocean mean to human life? Does it matter if it becomes a dead zone? Is there some point at which the loss of marine life affects the human condition?

imo...

All of the dumping that has been going on for the past 100 years is altering the oceans to the extent that our ability to harvest fish is being compromised. Declining fish stocks are not news anymore and dragnets are out gleaning whatever little bit is left. Since seafood is a staple for a huge proportion of the human race, its decline will certainly have the impact of aiding famine.

What about the birds and mammals (besides humans) that feed on marine life? Surely they will also be affected, poisoned by contaminated fish or starved by the lack of them.

The health of all things on earth are related to the ocean. As life in it diminishes so will all life on land.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join