It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Liberal Party?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:53 AM
link   
It is becoming clearer and clearer that we are witnessing a political party in its death throes. Like a dying animal, the Democratic party is trying to make one last attempt to bite at it's attacker before lying down and beginning the long process of decomposition.

There is no way this country can be effective, nor will Democracy function without a political party representing the liberal thought process. Another party will move to take its place, and definitely be more effective, having learned from the previous failed party's mistakes. So the question is, where will this party come from?

We are seeing dissent in the ranks of the Republicans currently. Could the Republican party split, causing the liberal party to begin as being a fairly moderate party?

Could it be one of the currently smaller parties, such as the Green party, that will begin to rise in power? If that's the case, do you expect they would continue to be as radical as they are, or tone down their stance to collect a larger voting base?

Another question to ponder, there will be a lot of people disenfranchised with the Democratic party when it finally dies. What would be some campaign strategies used to establish trust in the new liberal political party to bring that voting base back into a single party instead of scattering to several? What would the Republican party have to do after the Democrats collapse to keep its members from growing complacent, thinking they've won the battle? Would they? Or would there be dancing in the streets for a few days, followed by the lowest Republican voter turnout in history?

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
I completely disagree with your views the Democrats are not dying and neither the Republicans they will ever be the two main parties in power is to much investment and outside influences dealing here.

What I see is the end of the Republican domination for the next 8 years, to comeback again for another 8 years.

Just like my turn now you turn next. That is how politics is played in the US we are nothing more than the pieces that are in the board game.

As long as we are kept artificialy separated by ideologies and kept happy with the game of voting everything is peachy.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
It is becoming clearer and clearer that we are witnessing a political party in its death throes.

Yes. Yours. And it's becoming more clear to Americans by the day.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Yes. Yours. And it's becoming more clear to Americans by the day.

Really? You think it will be the Republicans who fill the liberal hole?

If you don't agree with the assumption, just play hypothetical. This wouldn't be the first time an entire political party would fade from existance in American politics. How do you think it will go down if it were to happen today, or rather how would the people who hold the liberal ideology pick up the pieces?

If you believe this is happening with the Republicans right now, start a thread on the conservative board, I'd be happy to hypothetically theorize on how the gap would be filled. Go for it, don't be afraid. You won't be betraying anyone, just keep adding "hypothetically" every few words

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What are you talking about jungle? The Democratic party is hardly dead, I think this is just wishful thinking on your part.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I completely disagree with your views the Democrats are not dying and neither the Republicans they will ever be the two main parties in power is to much investment and outside influences dealing here.

What I see is the end of the Republican domination for the next 8 years, to comeback again for another 8 years.

Just like my turn now you turn next. That is how politics is played in the US we are nothing more than the pieces that are in the board game.

As long as we are kept artificialy separated by ideologies and kept happy with the game of voting everything is peachy.

Marg, you stated my own opinion in very concise and eloquent terms.

Neither party will die, as neither of them is truly alive... what we have here are a pair of Terry Schiavos, hooked up to the life support system that is the ignorance of the American public at large.

posted on Nov, 2 2005 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The Parallelogram

I am glad we agree, many people don't seem to grasp the reality of politics in our country.

Neither of the elites that form the main two parties will ever relinquish power to a third party, is to much at stake and to much money involve.

They are doing a great job keeping everybody fighting each other over their ideologies like that the public reminds blind to the truth.

Now once in a while somebody will raise in their political parties and bring the light to the people but we can hardly call it honesty is always something behind all of it, is always an agenda and is always somebody profiting from it.

new topics

top topics

join