It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amityville Horror Pic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well, I think if we were doing the whole thing....We'd probably have to start a new thread, I was just working with the picture. Who's in it, where is it, who took it, is it a real photo...that sort of thing.

If you want to start a new thread though, after all this research, I could probably contribute.

Basically, we have 2 and 1/2 stories.

1. The story of the DeFeo family. (Who killed who, why was there gunpowder residue on the daughters dress, the shoe picture and the police investigation and corruption and ultimate conviction of Ronald.)

2. We have the haunting. The "Amityville Horror". (George and Kathy Lutz's experiences while in the house. Was it all a hoax, or was it all real etc...)

And the 1/2 story, Is the movie/books true to what really happened in #2 including the investigations by the Warrens and Dr. Stephen Kaplan which actually could be included in #2 I guess.

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Answer to i'matruesceptic
Maybe the murders were caused by an unhinged maniac but this picture (photo) of something maybe a result of that.
I don't believe Defeo was possessed but could the multiple murders cause problems after that? .....maybe?

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I have a question Derek.Do you know or have seen the whereabouts of allison?.It didnt show her and it didnt look like she died in the bed?

I dont think that most of them were awake?As far as the pic of the boy goes im saw something in regards to the comparison of the four kids.

I will do my thing and present what it looks like soon!

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Allison was indeed killed in her bed.

Allison DeFeo The bullet smashed upward from her left cheek to her right ear entering and cutting the brain and skull. The bullet exited her right ear, hitting the wall and finally bounced onto the floor. Powder burns on Allison's eyes indicate that she was awake at the time of her murder and staring down the barrel of the rifle. Death would have been instantaneous.

-DT

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:16 PM
link   
So were the others then killed in their sleep?.
This is importent to my investigations.I feel bad Derek but
you are a valuable source for me.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
It's really a whole thread by itself.
I'm no expert at all, I've just hit pages and things about it all trying to find something about the original thread picture.

The story from the police or what not, convicting ronald. is that he went room to room and killed them all.

Late, some run 1am or something, some run 2-4am.
-DT

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Okay based on my account of everything viewed.

Father sleeping...Mother awake.

both boys were sleeping.

Im not sure about dawn yet and as i get more info i will post it.

Poor allison woke up and was looking down the barrel as she was shot.

In regards to the state of mind of people.When we are young we are more succeptable to everything that happens in the world as we are not yet filled with knowledge.

If what I read is true Mark died instantly while John didnt exactly.

So as far as being concious im looking at the mom and allison as well as john(mabey).Im sure that dawn woke up too resulting in her horrible fate!

In regards to allison waking up.There is a strange transision(sp?0
between concious and subconcious.What I mean is sleeping and nonsleeping.As stated she woke up as her life was snuffed out.
this can be a big factor when it comes to the reasons behind a ghost.There could be more than one ghost in the house.But from an awareness aspect.Only the women in the house were awake when the trigger was pulled!

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now my studies really begin.Okay Im posting a small link here to a
page that is based on a halloween speacial done on the amityville book,depicting the story of the lutz it has some arguementative aspects regarding the presentation of the information on the special.

I would like to point out the fact that the lutz own personal priest did not visit the house nor did they visit the local priest that he suggested.

www.looksmarttrends.com...

I have to look into sightings in or around the house based on stories told by locals and whatnot.I have yet to look into the lutz story and am skeptical about what I might find there.As far as actual sightings other than the picture of the supposed boy.I dont remember where yet and will post them as I find them,but I heard about a sighting of a girl looking out the top window.Aswell as an older woman.

Here is a site that seems to have alot on the history of all the events and horrible things that have taken place in and near amityville.I am ecspeacialy interested in this

(The legend is based on the mass gravesite of Indians after they fought John Underhill who came from Salem, Massachusetts. The gravesite is right outside of Amityville. A related legend is of the Indian Princess of Lake Ronkonkoma. What few people outside Suffolk County realize is that both the Amityville movies and the Poltergeist movies are based on the same local legend. Each house is on opposite ends of the massacre site.)

Heres the link amityville.truelegends.info...

[edit on 21-1-2006 by toraylin]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Ok, first off, heres a picture where more of the house is visible, which would be of use to people trying to ascertain if the picture was taken in the house which personally i believe is true. I'm gonna see what i can do in photoshop to clean it up and stuff and post my results when i'm finished.

peace

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
ok check this out.

First i got the image at the begining of this thread and brightened up the dark areas to see if there is anything there. My verdict is this image is a crop and enlargement of the image in my last post, it has then had its brightness and contrast edited to make a clearer image, but in the process losing a lot of data. The person, then compressed the image a lot, all the anomalies that people have seen in the door and stuff i believe are just freak shapes created either by the compression or the grain in the original photo. Here is the bightened image from the begining of the thread:

Next i croped the photo from my last post (much much better!!) to just the boy and the room behind. i brightened the dark areas, ran a colour filter over it to make the shapes clearer then adjusted the levels to make it clearer still. I dont know what that is behind the boy, but it looks like normal room stuff if you ask me. here are the steps i took:

Thirdly i noticed an anomaly in the bottom left corner of the photo i posted. The banister is cut off by a rip in the image. Then there is a strange pattern or something else (looks sort of like a scary face, you can ser the mouth but it has a weird nose). See what you guys make of it:

if i find anything else i'll post it but i'm stopping for tonight, its getting late and studying this image so closely is freakin me out man!!

peace

[edit on 22-1-2006 by superduperman]

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
After reading through all the pages and reference sites... pretty interesting story. I don't know much about it, only saw the recent 2005 remake.

Anyhow, I decided to add some color to the photo... don't know if it will help at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
ok, another thing i have done is i tried to make the boy's head look as thought it was "normal". as in if it was a normal boy in the photo. This is what i came up with, not sure if it will shed any light, but maybe quite interesting. I did this by separating the head from the rest of the image, adjusting the levels to match the brighteness of the rest of the image. I then painted eyes in myself with my wacom tablet (very difficult)... dont expect it to look like the real boy's eyes, but at least it kind of resembles a regular human in a photo.

In my opinion, this is definately the youngest boy no doubt about it, the chubby cheeks and everything. He looks very sad and scared in this picture, its quite heart breaking! Does anyone know if the killer did anything to his victims eyes? If he did, it would explain a lot about this image!

Peace

ps. a larger version of the the above image can be found here.

[edit on 23-1-2006 by superduperman]

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Just a thought here,Im probably way of with this but.Considering the picture is black & white couldnt the reason the boys eyes are white mean that its red eye(you know the effect you get in pictures sometimes)only cause the picture is in its black & white the eyes show up white instead of red.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Considering it would be all too easy for the warrens to grab some kid put him in one pic as to make it seem that there was only the one capture out of a hundred or what ever to catch a ghost.One thing that I find interesting is the fact that the ghost is looking directly into the camera.I dont think that a ghost really would react to such media in this way I'm not sure though.But there is little energy transfer when taking a picture at least i think so.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by toraylin
Considering it would be all too easy for the warrens to grab some kid put him in one pic as to make it seem that there was only the one capture out of a hundred or what ever to catch a ghost.One thing that I find interesting is the fact that the ghost is looking directly into the camera.I dont think that a ghost really would react to such media in this way I'm not sure though.But there is little energy transfer when taking a picture at least i think so.

the ghost might not be looking at the camera, as you cant see its eyes. you can only see big whit patches where the eyes should be. Also the picture of the kid could have been taken by the Defo family before they died, then developed later to achieve a result like this.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Good point super.I have to do something regarding the picture I think it might be an altered pictire of the oldest boys head cropped and pasted on to the original pic.Youll see what I mean when its done!

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey nice to see this is still running along, Super, awesome look at the darkness with those spreads.
I've taken a look at the 2 boys in the pics we can find and even though I know next to nothing about photo editing, I don't think those were used. No matter what you do with the eyes, The hair part is still wrong.

-DT

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Interesting derek.Glad that you are back.Ive taken a little break from my study. I have been working on finding more sightings or pics of sightings in or around the house but have yet to really find anything!

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
This thread might be dead, but I decided to add what I've heard anyways.

From what I see now, the house is abandoned (as much of that street is) and I've seen pictures of the inside. It looks normal, no anomolies in the photoes.

Also, there has been several other people look at that photograph, and they also say its impoossible to be faked. (possible but highly unlikely)

I could be mistaken about the house being abandoned, but I am pretty positive that it is. I've seen pictures of it at an urban exploration web site. (and from what I see its not in the best shape anymore.)

Either way, what happend there was aweful. I feel sorry for all the families affected.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
That photo really is creepy. The more I look @ it, the more my spine tingles.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join