It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Amityville Horror Pic

page: 8
8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2006 @ 12:52 PM
link   
well that is no problem, there is no need to rush this. I myself do not have a lot of time, but would be more then willing to help. I do not believe that i am academic enough to lead this project, but as you said if we can get Derek on board and maybe one or two more, i might have someone in mind, we should be OK.

If you would like to contact me you can email me at kwalsh@blueyonder.co.uk, or use that same address to add me to MSN. I can also be contacted by clicking that link in my siggy.

Kevin Walsh




posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I just have to say, being a native Long Islander for half my life, that house is scary, and there is good reason people never ever live there for long.
I myself lived about 10 minutes away in West Babylon. I would have to pass it every now and again, and it would give me the chills.

Some places are better left alone. Thats one of them.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by sanctum]



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by denial28
I just have to say, being a native Long Islander for half my life, that house is scary, and there is good reason people never ever live there for long.
I myself lived about 10 minutes away in West Babylon. I would have to pass it every now and again, and it would give me the chills.

Some places are better left alone. Thats one of them.


Oh wow, so you live by the house.

Maybe, if its not to much trouble, you could take some pictures next time you pass the house. I would love to see what it looked like these days.

[edit on 2-3-2006 by sanctum]



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Just going back to something that was mentioned a few times in the earlier pages, the latest owners have reported "nothing unusual in the house".

Something to think about...

Could the owners be saying this due to all the unwanted publicity in the past. Perhaps there is still paranormal activity, on a small scale mind you, in the house but the owners are reluctant to say anything.

I know if I lived there and 'events', even small ones were happening, given the history of the house, I would not reside there for very long.

But what if the occurances were minute and liveable ( or even unnoticable )
Could the latest owners overlook such things, just keep the peace and continue to liver there?

Just spitballin here, adding to the mystery.



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I definatly wouldn't lead it, but yeah, I'd offer myself to it if you guys get together.
As far as what the house looks like today, it's on most of the links provided throughout this thread.



-DT



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Okay.I can head the project.Only if you guys want.I will need time.You know to get my bearings.I have to go to work now but i will be on later.
In three days I will have something to present to you guys.Expect some sort of u2u before then.



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I dont live there anymore, moved in 01. There are alot of goings ons with the house that those people aren't telling you. There have been quite a few families that lived there and now it remains vacant. The reason they are denying the paranormal activity is because ever since the 70's people have hounded them about what exactly happened, one of the biggest dares for highschoolers was to try to go in there and see what was up.

Your best bet would be to find a neighbor, there are 2 that live within yards of the place that have lived there for years, that could tell you about all of the creepy goings ons. You can also get a boat, like a boston whaler and set up anchor right by their dock. Its on the LI Sound, so you really dont have to worry too much about trespassing. The sound is public property. The back windows facing the water are where you would want to look anyways, there's a few apparitions who like to look out of those on clear nights.



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I was searching the internet to see if I could find anything to compare the image in the picture to. well, "Guess what?"
I found this website of the Defeo family portraits and you aren't going to believe how uncanny the image is to one of the young boys. I believe he was the youngest of the children.

His name is Marc and if I had to put money on it,I'd bet it was the spirit of him.

Hope you like the find.......

The pic's are located in this web page down on the right side with a picture of both the boy's, just click on the image to enlarge.

I found that leaving the ATS page up with minimizing the ATS page and the site I'm posting, you really get a good comparison of the image and the photo...

www.amityvillemurders.com...



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Tor ,Derek count me in,nice piccy DT:up
icklewash good to have you on board.

[edit on 2/3/2006 by kuhl]



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
I was searching the internet to see if I could find anything to compare the image in the picture to. well, "Guess what?"
I found this website of the Defeo family portraits and you aren't going to believe how uncanny the image is to one of the young boys. I believe he was the youngest of the children.

His name is Marc and if I had to put money on it,I'd bet it was the spirit of him.

Hope you like the find.......

The pic's are located in this web page down on the right side with a picture of both the boy's, just click on the image to enlarge.

I found that leaving the ATS page up with minimizing the ATS page and the site I'm posting, you really get a good comparison of the image and the photo...

www.amityvillemurders.com...


I don't wish to devalue your contribution but this is mentioned very early in the thread.



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
There is a summery of this topic so far, on a board, the link is in my signature.

I am always happy to help lol.

Hey i am not ickle, i am over 6' lol.



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I am truly sorry about the "RE-Post" of the Amityyville website.
I have always been interested in this topic and I think I was thinking way to fast and not reading enough of the posts.....


It is a great thread though and I hope that it keeps going on.
There is more than meets the eye over this topic,even though they say it has been proven inaccurate as far as the story goes.
Like one of the threads states,"It may have been debunked,but there still was six people muredered there," and I also heard that there was a seventh person as well...

Hope to hear more about this topic of discussion.


[edit on 2-3-2006 by Allred5923]



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Allred5923
I am truly sorry about the "RE-Post" of the Amityyville website.
I have always been interested in this topic and I think I was thinking way to fast and not reading enough of the posts.....


It is a great thread though and I hope that it keeps going on.
There is more than meets the eye over this topic,even though they say it has been proven inaccurate as far as the story goes.
Like one of the threads states,"It may have been debunked,but there still was six people muredered there," and I also heard that there was a seventh person as well...

Hope to hear more about this topic of discussion.


[edit on 2-3-2006 by Allred5923]


I also have been intrested in this for over 16 years ,about the 7th body I believe it was Dawns as her body was allegedally moved to the basement. Let's hope all here can find out what we can w/o infringing on the current owners.

[edit on 2/3/2006 by kuhl]



posted on Mar, 2 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   
What we need to do is make a list of all the different parts of the whole story.Mabey start with a few mains areas then start breaking them down into subgroups.The further we go the longer it will take.We have alot of info between all of us so far.I don't think we really need to bother the current owners,but you never know.I am working on things already.Nothing solid yet but a guideline from everyone will help.
I dunno I have to get a few things together.

Scarecrow



posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well just for basics, we have a couple groups.

1. The history of the house
a. Where it is built, the indian burial ground stuff.
b.The floor plans and red room. The pool area and piping.

2. The DeFeo Family history and murders
a. The family history, The drugs and Money problems.
b. The actual Muders by Butch. room by room, who was awake, who lived, Who was killed where.
c. The investigation by police including the actual photos, The shoe picture, the 7th body.
d. The Trial and sentencing of Butch including letters and commentary from him in jail.

3. The Lutz Family
a. Their experiences in the house.
b. The warren investigation
c. The corruption back and forth between the town, warrens, Lutzes and multiple other parties over money and book rights etc...

4. The house since the Lutzes moved out.
a. Any strange happenings with any of the other residents reported.
b. Intervies with neighbors, The town of Amityville.

-DT



posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 11:33 AM
link   
And for whoever asked, lol, no, It's not the Brian Wilson of the Beachboys.

-DT




posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindwalker


Has this picture ever been investigated and debunked as a fake ??


WoahhH!!! I just gt MAJOR chills when I looked at that picture....indeed interesting. i have seen a ghost myself, so I am not suprised. Awesome post!



posted on Mar, 3 2006 @ 12:35 PM
link   
He he he.

Thanks Derek for clearing that up. I will be u2uing you with what me and picklewalsh are working on now.I think you will like it,well I do.

Anyway excellent list man. We have alot of work to do!



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
So I'm flipping channels last night and I come across Amityville : The Horror on the Biography channel. It was mostly old stuff I'd already seen, but right in the middle...guess what flashes by?

Our picture!!

Except, no boy in it.
But the exact image we have here.
Granted it may have just been one of the many others taken from that camera that night, but I found it REAL interesting that it was there.

I didn't happen to record the show and I'll be checking when I get home to see if it's on On demand on on at any other time.

Anyone happen to catch it?

-DT



posted on Mar, 10 2006 @ 10:56 AM
link   
The camera that took the picture shot off rolls of film but the boy only appeared in one picture as far as i know.So there are many pics w/o the boy but only one with him.




top topics



 
8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

log in

join