It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OH well... there goes the recall!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The liberal 9th circuit court has blocked California's recall...

I guess The Terminator will have to wait...

Stupid Liberal judges....

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
The liberal 9th circuit court has blocked California's recall...

I guess The Terminator will have to wait...

Stupid Liberal judges....

news.yahoo.com...

Ha-Ha!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
It is just a delay. The dems are just trying to tie this up in court. There are already appeals under way.
Not a big surprize, I'm sure Davis would sell his first born to keep his job.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:24 PM
link   
This is GREAT!!!!!!!!!

However, forty-four percent of the electorate will be
forced to use a voting system so flawed that the Secretary of State has officially
deemed it �unacceptable� and banned its use in all future elections.

They seek to postpone the vote until the next regularly
scheduled statewide election six months from now, when the Secretary of State has
assured that all counties will be using acceptable voting equipment, and all the polls
will be open.

Unlike mechanical lever
machines, the VotoMatic system does not have any built-in protection preventing
the voter from casting more than one vote for a candidate or ballot measure. In that
event, the software is designed not to count the vote at all.

# the recall. This decision just outlawed ALL elections in the state of California because more than 40% of it's equipment is outdated and non functional. In the decision the Justices state that they wish not to have any elections until the next regularly scheduled elections to give the secretary of state time to ensure all systems are updated. THAT IS INSANE. At the rate that public officials get things done, if this decision holds up, the state of california will be banned from holding elections for 5 years.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Smells like martial law soon!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
This is a joke. The CA constitution states that the recall is to be held within 60-80 days. The booths still won't be ready until 2004.(if then) I think this will be over turned.

[Edited on 9/16/03 by nyeff]

[Edited on 9/16/03 by nyeff]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Overturned? I guess that would signify that us little negroes and our brown skin bothers from the South don't count---not in Florida and not in California.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Overturned? I guess that would signify that us little negroes and our brown skin bothers from the South don't count---not in Florida and not in California.

[Edited on 17-9-2003 by Colonel]

Would you care to expand on that,has it makes no sense....

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Actually, i think using courts to change laws is unconstitutional ..and as for your racial inplication, Colonel, I think the racist idea is to put forth that only African Americans and Hispanics will be cheated by the voting system as if they are inferior mentally. Thats a bunch of BS. African Americans and Hispanics have just as refined cognitive ability to vote as anyone else and if I were African American, I think I would come to resent that everytime the liberal aganda loses out, its blamed on the "ignorance and stupidity of me because of the color of my skin and how I am always able to ne tricked by the white man;s complicated machinery". yes sir, if anything in the US should be offensive, that idea is it.

There always has to be someone to blame it. Instead of realizing that America isn't interested in being ruled by a King and hearded like cattle, we must begin to point fingers because "its so damn great, how could the people not want it? Must be those minorities can't use the technology". Maybe many of those minorities stand behind the morals and values this country has come to sybolize for the last 200 years. Maybe they don't want hand-outs but nothing more than an equal chance to play by the same rules.

MLK has been quoted numerous times the day he gave the speech that I feel changed this country's vulgar blind hatred but he said much more that day than many care to remember and makes me wonder how he would view such accusations on the people by the party that claims to represent them. Would it be his dream..or would it be his nightmare?

We all play the game in this country. Sometimes we win sometimes we lose. I just think its pretty damn bad sportsmanship to run to the courts to change the laws everytime we lose. Thats like a baseball player asking the umpire to move the foul line back 10 feet so his hit would be a homerun because his team needs it to win the game. Umpires and courts are there to see the rules are observed. You want different rules, lobby the legislature or find another league.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"On Monday, a 9th Circuit three-judge panel delayed the unprecedented October recall vote because it ruled antiquated punch card voting machines still used in parts of California have unacceptably high rates of error. The ruling takes effect next Monday if not overturned."

story.news.yahoo.com.../nm/20030916/pl_nm/politics_california_dc

"In a 66-page unsigned opinion, the panel, made up of Judges Harry Pregerson, Sidney Thomas and Richard Paez, cited Bush v. Gore repeatedly to support the view that California's Oct. 7 gubernatorial recall election would be unconstitutional if the state, as planned, used outmoded punch-card ballot machines like those that contributed to the deadlock in Florida in 2000. The punch-card technology would deny millions of Californians their constitutional right to have their ballots counted fairly, the court ruled."

truthout.org...

The parts that the punch cards are used are high minority areas which would be tossed out---go figure. You republicans are so evil.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrocreep
Actually, i think using courts to change laws is unconstitutional ..and as for your racial inplication, Colonel, I think the racist idea is to put forth that only African Americans and Hispanics will be cheated by the voting system as if they are inferior mentally. Thats a bunch of BS. African Americans and Hispanics have just as refined cognitive ability to vote as anyone else and if I were African American, I think I would come to resent that everytime the liberal aganda loses out, its blamed on the "ignorance and stupidity of me because of the color of my skin and how I am always able to ne tricked by the white man;s complicated machinery". yes sir, if anything in the US should be offensive, that idea is it.

Just like a republican to try to twist things to say what THEY really feel. I never said anyting about "cognitive ability." If a person chooses correctly yet doesn't punch the chad all the way through on the voter card, it gets rejected.

Thanks for your input on how you think on the races.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
They are the same antiquated machines that were used to vote Davis into office. Is CA not going to be able to vote in 2004 when all the machines are still not in place in all counties.? It may take as long as 2006 to get them all in place. Which would also make a March election out of the question as well. This will come back and bite the 9th circuit in the ass. It was also the last appeal Davis had. All the others were overturned.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:28 AM
link   
astrocreep,

you sure the minorities wouldn't like the idea that you can vote twice?

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Neo, actually, I won't comment on that as I think the number of ballots a person puts under the stylus has more to do with their philosphy (end justifies the means in that case) than the color of their skin. In fact, I think we actually have more racism coming from our liberal side these days than anywhere..especially when they are looking for someone to blame when their agenda doesn't go through. I think its about time to remove race as a factor in the US. We now only have a few racial entrepenuers who face the chore of getting a real job (Jesse) that keep it alive and well followed by a few simpleminded racists who haven't the intellect to release their ugly hatred..on both sides.

Colenel, don't mention it. Glad to be of service.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Its always so nice to hear a repugnant (or wanna be repugnant) saying that "we should all be a color-blind i society" when the glaring problems that stilloccur to the advantage of the majority race still occur because of race.

Thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Th ething that really pisses me off is the liberals who filed this case. The voting system was just fine when they elected Davis and the minorities didnt have a problem. But now when there butt is in trouble they run and say there caring for the minorities when they really dont they just trying to delay this thing where they can have a court hearing 80+ days after the recall and try to stop it. I dont care if they do the wanna upgrade the voting machines for the minorites but when they just use that as a front for there own objectives that make it wrong in so many ways

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Colonel, those punch card ballots, at least in Florida, were designed by DEMOCRATS.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Its all a mute point really. Like I said before, the machines will not be ready by March. The 9th circuit screwed up this time. Put there foot right in their mouths. Short sighted idiots.

[Edited on 9/17/2003 by nyeff]

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Its always so nice to hear a repugnant (or wanna be repugnant) saying that "we should all be a color-blind i society" when the glaring problems that stilloccur to the advantage of the majority race still occur because of race.

Thanks.

Not a problem whatsoever, sunshine. have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob88
Colonel, those punch card ballots, at least in Florida, were designed by DEMOCRATS.

We're not talking about Florida. At least in CA they don't have De Lay's repugnant thugs coming down and trying through physical violence and intimidation to block the vote.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join