It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Un American or not we cannot try Saddam Hussain!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I know this is going to cause a frenzy but here me out on this.
We did not capture the flag meaning "we never took ownership of Iraq; we did not claim it thus meaning by Military Law Saddam Hussuain still is the president of Iraq which means his trial is just bogus.

What do you think?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Um..."We" arent trying Saddam, the Iraqi's are.

Its an all Iraqi trial, by Iraqi law, and with Iraqi people making the rulings.

What are you talking about?

[edit on 21-10-2005 by skippytjc]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Justmytype
We did not capture the flag meaning "we never took ownership of Iraq; we did not claim it thus meaning by Military Law Saddam Hussuain still is the president of Iraq which means his trial is just bogus.

What do you think?

even if it is bogus
think of the ratings for bush
he finaly does one thing right in his ( what 4 years+ of being president )
it will make most yanks happy

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:53 PM
link   
... what skippy just said. "WE" are NOT trying Hussein, the new Iraqi government as a representative of the Iraqi people are trying him for war crimes among other things. Therefore your post is a non-issue as it relates to the trial.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Its a done deal i think, Saddam will be very lucky if he avoids doing the Tyburn Jig. It will drag on to be sure but i think he will hang for sure or whatever the Iraqis do when they take out the trash. What ever the rights and wrongs of the War Saddam has done more than enough to justify the ultimate penalty.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Bodrul is it ok to call you a Raghead? Then don't call me a Yank.

[edit on 10/21/2005 by rstrik]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I believe it is wrong for an international community to invade, capture the leader, then hand him back to his enemies to be tried..

Im not saying what saddam did to his people was RIGHT.. but he was the LEADER, the RULER of a country.. If u dont like what he does LEAVE.
The people chose the live in his country, knowing his wrath, then so be it.

I mean logically, Bush should be tried for all the executions performed for People on death row...

saddam killed people he thought where a threat, or whom broke the law. The US kills people who break the law.

Saddam is a bad person, but for him to be tried is wrong.
Hes the Ruler of a country. HE is right when he says it is all a show.

Everything happening in Iraq is one big ACT for the world to APPROVE of the ILLEGIAL invasion.

No matter how you spin this crap, America is destroying DEMOCRACY and Freedom, not creating it in the middleast.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by Agit8dChop]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
I believe it is wrong for an international community to invade, capture the leader, then hand him back to his enemies to be tried..

Why not?
Are you calling the iraqi people his enemies?

Im not saying what saddam did to his people was RIGHT.. but he was the LEADER, the RULER of a country.. If u dont like what he does LEAVE.

Did they have a choice?
Would he let them leave?
Would you desert your country?

I mean logically, Bush should be tried for all the executions performed for People on death row...

Says who?
He doesnt order there deaths..

saddam killed people he thought where a threat, or whom broke the law. The US kills people who break the law.

Sadamm killed regardless if they where a threat or not.
The US people kills people that KILL people.

Saddam is a bad person, but for him to be tried is wrong.
Hes the Ruler of a country. HE is right when he says it is all a show.

Why is it wrong ?
Whats wrong about him being tried?

Everything happening in Iraq is one big ACT for the world to APPROVE of the ILLEGIAL invasion.

Are you saying sadamm should have continued his killings?

No matter how you spin this crap, America is destroying DEMOCRACY and Freedom, not creating it in the middleast.
[edit on 21-10-2005 by Agit8dChop]

How?
The COALITION, went in and took out a represive regime that raped and murdered its citizens and forigners too.
Unless of course the mass graves are lies?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

That makes no sense to me at all. If he RULED his people like you say he did then they are not his enemies but his subjects that he kept in poverty, tortured and killed for no reason what so ever.

Kinda hard to leave a country with no money and most likely no papers to get out of the country and if caught they were probably tortured and/or shot.

I do believe that Capital Punishment is a Law and not Illegal, plus the Governors of the respective states sign the execution warrant, not the President. But the President can intervene. I also think the Death Penalty should really be put to use big time.

The US kills people who break the law.

Not hardly enough IMO, and if you kill in cold blood then you should be killed. Simple as that.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The author of this thread is almost on the point. Under Iraqi constitution it claims that Iraqi Presedent and all cabinet members have full immunity from the law. Now the real question is, shouldn't Saddam have immunity considering the actions happened during his term? There is the real question...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Maybe that is one of the reason why they post-poned his trial until Novemeber 28th????

or was that just because one of his lawers was killed?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
BB, I personlly believe it is because they realize that this technicality would free saddam in democratic US. They may have postponed because that fact would be too evident if they plan on having a fair trial.

I do beleive that the lawyer ass. might have been to prepare the country for a Saddam assassination. Believe me, if they had a choice of bastardizing the Iraqi judicial system in the eyes of the world, or pinning an assassination on a rebel, I wonder what will happen...

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:40 PM
link   
This is probably too good for him but for each day of the week a different punishment. Monday - Tie him in the stocks let the people of Irag through rotten food at him for eight hours. Tuesday - Do a samson, tie him to a big milling stone and let him do the grinding for the locals. I hope you get the idea, feel free to suggest wed to sunday. lol

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That is what I believe to Absolute, guess we will have to wait and see if and what might be concocted.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by rstrik

Bodrul is it ok to call you a Raghead? Then don't call me a Yank.

[edit on 10/21/2005 by rstrik]

why raghead? just curious
edit you think i am arab or someone middle eastern right?

i use yank as thats what most people in college refer to americans as

[edit on 21-10-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Seems to me, with a decent number of active and non-active members believing that this is not the real Saddam, this issue is immaterial if such is true?
Real Saddam not in Jail
Is Saddam Hussein really in U.S. custody
NEWS: Saddam Trial To Be Televised?

And bodrul:

i use yank as thats what most people in college refer to americans as...

In which colleges? American? English? Canadian? European?
Here in the US, "yanks" referes to the Yankees, Brits or British people, folks who live in Northern states, etc.

seekerof

[edit on 21-10-2005 by Seekerof]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   
The COALITION isn't trying Saddam. The Iraqi government is.

And I am really sick of this hate on America crap. Ths US isn't alone in this war. The UK and Australia among others are in this with us.

Frankly, if Saddam wanted to stay in power, and had nothing to hide, all he had to do was abide be the terms of peace he sued for a decade before.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
oaklands (english college)
its a college in st albans

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
oaklands (english college)
its a college in st albans

You'll find its a slang word, but heh use what you want.

Originally posted by Justmytype

What do you think?

But they are not trying him under military law nethier are they trying him in military court (as far as I know..)

[edit on 26/02/2005 by devilwasp]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
The COALITION isn't trying Saddam. The Iraqi government is.

The court trying Saddam was created becasue Paul Bremer said so.

The Iraqis had no say in it.

The Puppet IGC appointed the FOREIGN JUDGES controling the court.

And I am really sick of this hate on America crap.

It is not anti-American to be against the war, it is Anti-War. One can both love America, and be against the war.

Please see my thread on the court here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Ths US isn't alone in this war. The UK and Australia among others are in this with us.

Other than the Brits there are only token forces, and their presence in Iraq is not supported by the people of the nations they represent.

Frankly, if Saddam wanted to stay in power, and had nothing to hide, all he had to do was abide be the terms of peace he sued for a decade before.

Could you please tell us all what he failed to do, and provide a quote from a resolution?

Iraq was not always in compliance, but at the time of the invasion they were.

The Iraqis had no WMD, and the inspectors were allowed back in long before we invaded.

[edit on 21-10-2005 by ArchAngel]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join