It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Saddam Trial To Be Televised?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The chief judge in charge of the trial of Saddam Hussein has said he would like the trial to be televised. The trial against Saddam are due to begin on Wednesday 19th October. "The trial will be public," Judge Juhi is quoted by the AFP news agency as saying. "And I hope that it will be broadcast live on television."

news.bbc.co.uk
Five judges will open the proceedings against Saddam and seven associates accused of killing more than 100 civilians in Dujail, the scene of a failed assassination attempt on the leader.

The ex-leader and his aides have been accused of many crimes against humanity - the first charge concerns a massacre in the Shia village of Dujail in 1982.

The start of the trial has been delayed several times, amid criticism of the tribunal's legitimacy and fears for the security of its judges.

"The trial will be public," Judge Juhi is quoted by the AFP news agency as saying. "And I hope that it will be broadcast live on television."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Why on Earth would anybody want to watch the trial of a murderous dictator?

They are turning their court into a reality tv show!

Why not have a vote at the end of the trial to decide whether he gets the death penalty or not!

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I would like watch it, just to hear how corrupt the American government really is. Sorry I mean "how involved the American government was in suporting Saddam".

Rummy selling WMD to Saddam

[edit on 13/10/2005 by Sauron]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   
what makes me sick is that we are putting him to trial. hes not an american nor deserves any american rights. we shoulda just killed em when we found em in the hole. see em and kill em then thats the end of the sadam problem. not like we shoulda been over there in the first place.

this whole thing shouldnt even be happening. its up to the people in the country to revolt against a leader, if they have to die for it then so be it. let them make that choice. if they all got killed then sadam has nothing to rule over except land, which eventually would be taken by sumone else

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Hes going to be tried by Iraqi judges.

Showing his trial on public TV will prove that he has gotten his.

BTW, he has UN rights, not US rights. Everyone has basic UN rights in any court.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   
which is dumb either way. US or UN rights, hes still getting rights he doesnt deserve

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   

They are turning their court into a reality tv show!

Will the Real Saddam Hussein please stand up.

Remember boys and girls... Not everything you see on TV isnt real, even reality.

Saddam's wife could not recognize her husband

Sajina claims that the person she encountered was not her husband, but his double.

Saddam's Wife Says US Prisoner Isn't Her Husband

Wife: Saddam's Double, Not Saddam, Was 'Captured'

Anyway you get my point.

[edit on 10/13/2005 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 02:47 PM
link   
What would be the purpose of a normal trial? A drama charged high profile trial, with Saddam behind glass or inside an iron cage a la Hannibal Lecter is way more effective, and will be the way it will be done.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Sauron, nice picture and nice twist to that picture. Bravo.
I got one for you; think you can put a twist on this also?

It is a picture of when Kofi met with Saddam to discuss and set-up the Oil for Food program, mixed with assurances that along with he, the UN, Russia, Germany, and France, they would do what they could to keep him in power, despite the US and UK efforts.

Personally, I would like to watch Saddam's trial, just to hear it proven how corrupt the UN really is, and how they sought to prevent regime change. Sorry, I mean how tough the UN enforced those resolutions upon Saddam.

seekerof

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I think they are doing it for their own people. They want them to see him brought to justice and sentenced to death which will end the question of him returning to power as some fear.

[edit on 10/13/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:53 PM
link   
No, is not for the Iraqi people benefit for the Bush administration benefit.

This will be the next OJ trial circus to keep the American people glue to their media outlets.

Perhaps Bush 35% ratings on public opinion get a boost.

Occurs Bin ladden would have been the first choice but he is still "Unavailable"

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Seeker my ATS friend I do not spin but as for your picture, I would never argue over it, there is no spin here as there was none in mine.
In addition, if Sadd gets to really speak about the UN; I think that would be great as well.
I mean granted the Bush Cabal are for all intensive purpose do look like the biggest criminals in the world, but there is no doubt in my mind, and as you often point out the United Nations are nothing but crooks in there own right.
Bottom line is we would both like to watch, granted for some different and similar reasons. Tell you what you bring the Amician beef Burgers and I will bring the Canadian Beer, sit, and watch it unfold.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
No, is not for the Iraqi people benefit for the Bush administration benefit.

They carried it on the national news Marg. It was an interview with an Iraqi official and that is the reason he gave so it was not a media opinion.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raideur
Hes going to be tried by Iraqi judges.

Showing his trial on public TV will prove that he has gotten his.

You cannot not know that all of the Judges are Iraqis.

Their identities are being kept secret, and we threw in a provision allowing Foreign Judges to be appointed.

Would that have been done if their were no intentions of using it?

Since it was our well paid puppets whom were given the power to appoint the Judges do you think we would let them get away without putting in some of our cronies???

BTW, he has UN rights, not US rights. Everyone has basic UN rights in any court.

The UN deals with STATES, not individual.

There are no UN rights that apply in civil, or criminal court.

Since the court was created by occupiers, and the soon to be elected government will not have the power to get rid of it the court is ILLEGITIMATE.

Saddam is not guilty of any crimes he may have committed in Iraq because the law he ruled under gave immunity to the president.

Please don't think I am supporting Saddam himself, rather I am stating the facts about the court.

I wish Justice on Saddam.

[edit on 14-10-2005 by ArchAngel]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

Since the court was created by occupiers, and the soon to be elected government will not have the power to get rid of it the court is ILLEGITIMATE.

No the court was created by the newly elected government by Iraqi citizens.

Saddam is not guilty of any crimes he may have committed in Iraq because the law he ruled under gave immunity to the president.

Yes Saddam is guilty just as Hitler/MILOSEVIC were when they committed crimes against humanity while in office.

www.un.org...

I am sure you can look up the history of those charged after WWII in Germany

[edit on 10/14/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   

No the court was created by the newly elected government by Iraqi citizens.

THE STATUTE OF THE IRAQI SPECIAL TRIBUNAL

Article 4.
d) The Governing Council or the Successor Government, if it deems necessary, can appoint non-Iraqi judges who have experience in the crimes encompassed in this statute, and who shall be persons of high moral character, impartiality and integrity.

The court was created by the Puppet IGC that was appointed by America, and they likely appointed American Judges.

It was confirmed by the same Puppet IGC when they agreed to the interim constitution.

LAW OF ADMINISTRATION FOR THE STATE OF IRAQ FOR THE TRANSITIONAL PERIOD

Article 48.
(A) The statute establishing the Iraqi Special Tribunal issued on 10 December 2003 is confirmed. That statute exclusively defines its jurisdiction and procedures, notwithstanding the provisions of this Law.

Under Iraqi law Saddam had immunity for any of his actions.

How can an illegitimate court convict one with immunity?

The simple fact that we changed Iraqi law could be considered a warcrime.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yes Saddam is guilty just as Hitler/MILOSEVIC were when they committed crimes against humanity while in office.

It may be that some international courts, or even other Iraqi courts would be considered legitimate, but the Iraqi Special Tribunal is not.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   

It may be that some international courts, or even other Iraqi courts would be considered legitimate, but the Iraqi Special Tribunal is not.

No No it applies to the laws of the country and Iraq has already convicted one and I think executed the individual.

The new elected government which is not the same as the one you inferred are the ones who put the death penalty back in. That was not the US. therefore they can put anyone on trial that they want and sentence them as they see fit. Do not believe me look it up!

I think you may be confused since this is not a US tribunal it is a trial/tribunal by the government of Iraq and not the US.

[edit on 10/14/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

No No it applies to the laws of the country and Iraq has already convicted one and I think executed the individual.

The Special Tribunal has not covicted anyone yet.

The new elected government which is not the same as the one you inferred are the ones who put the death penalty back in.

They may have instated the death penalty, but they are not the ones that created the court.

That was not the US. therefore they can put anyone on trial that they want and sentence them as they see fit. Do not believe me look it up!

I have looked it up, and I referenced it above.

The court was CLEARLY created under the IGC[Iraqi Governing Council].

I think you may be confused since this is not a US tribunal it is a trial/tribunal by the government of Iraq and not the US.

It was created by the occupational Viceroy, Paul Bremer.

The Iraqi people had no say at all, and neither can any Iraqi government until after they overthrow their government and kick out the Foreign Judges on the special court.

Iraq Justice Minister Hashim Abdul Rahman al-Shibli- "The presence of foreign judges will undermine [Iraqi] sovereignty and would undercut the value of the Iraqi judiciary"

Judge Alzin- "These crimes were committed by Iraqis against Iraqis in Iraq, so we prefer Iraqi judges in Iraqi courts"

The Iraqis need liberation more now than they did under Saddam.

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Might I suggest you read up on recent events, you will find that you are wrong.

www.cbsnews.com...

Now what was that you said about no one being convicted yet

The Iraqis need liberation more now than they did under Saddam.

That is highly subjective.

With that I am done this is taking the thread OT

[edit on 10/15/2005 by shots]

posted on Oct, 15 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by shots

Might I suggest you read up on recent events, you will find that you are wrong.

www.cbsnews.com...

Now what was that you said about no one being convicted yet

I have kept up with current events concerning the Iraqi Special Tribunal, and as I said above they have not yet convicted anyone.

Please re-read your link.

Tareq Khalaf Mizal, who was arrested with Sabawi, also was convicted for possessing and making roadside bombs. He was given a six-year sentence.

The Iraqi Central Criminal Court in Baghdad said Sabawi would face a second trial — beginning Nov. 1 — for other, unspecified crimes to which he allegedly confessed during pretrial interrogation.

The Iraqi Central Criminal Court convicted Sabawi, not the Iraqi Special Tribunal.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join