It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma & Freemasonry

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
God it makes me sad when people see the 5 pointed star as a 'satanic' symbol.

Now to educate you.

Pentagrams were used symbolically in ancient Greece and Babylonia. The pentagram has magical associations, and many people who practice Neopagan faiths wear jewelry incorporating the symbol. Christians once more commonly used the pentagram to represent the five wounds of Jesus, and it also has associations within Freemasonry.

The pentagram has long been associated with the planet Venus, and the worship of the goddess Venus, or her equivalent. It is also associated with the Roman word lucifer, which was a term used for Venus as the Morning Star, associated with the bringer of light and knowledge. It is most likely to have originated from the observations of prehistoric astronomers. When viewed from Earth, successive inferior conjunctions of Venus plot a nearly perfect pentagram shape around the zodiac every eight years.

The word "pentacle" is sometimes used synonymously with "pentagram", although their technical usages are different, and their etymologies may be unrelated.

The 5 pointed star has significance which i can't talk about, obviously, but it has nothing to do with any anti-christ.

posted on Oct, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   
the "pentagram" you are talking about is known as the Badge of Order or more commonly the Star and Crescent. it has nothing to do with satanic beliefs or any religious beliefs at that. it is a firm reminder of how us brothers are supposed to live our lives. the only way to truly understand anything about us iis if you are one of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2008 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by soundaddicted

The Star and Crescent is not a satanic pentagram, you do not know the meaning behind the symbols of Kappa Sigma Fraternity, do not infer idea's especially when they are false. That "pyramid" is an inverted triangle and the caduceus is a symbol of Kappa Sigma.

posted on Nov, 18 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As a brother of Kappa Sigma, I also agree that the star has NOTHING to do with Satan. It's meanings do have ancient origins as the Fraternity was founded in the 1400. I've never heard of a chapter using a Masonic Temple to host its ritual. In the South, the fraternity is a part of life even after the completion of college.

posted on Nov, 29 2008 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by theshrew

I'm a Kappa Sigma as well. I don't think you should discuss the ritual with anyone other than a KS brother. This is a big part or being a Kappa Sig. Would you discuss your Mason ritual with KS brother's or even regular people?

A-B

posted on Dec, 9 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
as a newly initiated member I must inform curious people everywhere that their suspicions are in fact true. I was dosed in animal blood, exposed to open (runny) feces, and actually inflicted with pain as a detterant to never divulge their "secrets."

Im fat the straps broke.

and

their most highly regarded and never spoken secret....

crhysoloras found the fountain of youth, still lives in an intracate palace beneath a masonic lodge in an undisclosed location.

posted on Jan, 11 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   
TO MY BROTHERS. Hold the teachings close and remember what we have learned, the real meanings. People will always ask questions but we not have to answer. But I have a question for you... Have you heard the latest from Bologna.
AEKDB

posted on Jan, 22 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

yo bro, are you really a brother? if so contact me i don't know how to u2u. but my e-mail is [email protected].

posted on Jan, 23 2009 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by netranger
I am an amteur symbolist and enjoy comparing many socitieis rituals to that of freemasonry. I find it interesting how many of them either have their roots or just borrow heavily from the blue lodge and the York and Scottish Rites.

As a member of both Kappa Sigma (Kappa Rho Chapter) and the Freemasons (Blue Lodge & York Rite) I can tell you that Stephen Alonzo Jackson was a Mason and wrote the esoteric part of the Kappa Sigma ceremonies. I joined the Freemasons first then went to Kappa Sigma (as I started college a few years after high school) and it was very striking the similarities.

I also love studying symbols

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by soundaddicted

the triangular pin is a pledge pin.. it has nothing to do with the tree of life, bankers, or medicine. The star and crescent is not a new symbol, it has been around since our founding in America, and nothing about it is satanic because our fraternity was founded on christian principles. get your facts right kid.. try as you might, you will never know the definite meaning or understanding of our pins, crest, or ritual unless you are an initiated brother.. get a life.

Walley AEKDB

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 09:59 PM
link   
But, as Sigmund Freud might say...

Sometimes a pyramid is just a pyramid.

posted on Sep, 25 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: theshrew

Been a while since anyone posted on this, "connection." I was/am a 32nd Degree Scottish Rite/Freemason and a Kappa Sigma Brother. I became a member of the Blue Lodge and Kappa Sigma about the same time. Kappa Sigma had the, "5 Friends and Brothers." Three of the 5 were Freemasons. They helped create the Fraternity in its infancy so that should be, enough said. Freemasonry requires a huge amount of rote memorization. It cannot be written. Kappa Sigma just requires memorization of the Fraternity History and going to meetings (Many as a pledge suit and tie at 3:00am in the morning). The actual Kappa Sigma initiation ritual is very close to some aspects of Masonic initiation. I remember being initiated as a KSig brother and thinking, "hey I've already done this!" I was a 3rd Degree Master Mason before I was a Kappa Sigma Brother. I knew some KA's back in college but never discussed inter-fraternal ritual as it was VERBOTEN. I see the internet has come and former members of secret societies and fraternities publish stuff all the time online. That said being a Freemason does not make you a Kappa Sigma and vice versa. Freemasons are far more subtle. You might occasionally see a ring or tie clip with the compass and square. Do Kappa Sigs see themselves as some aspect of Freemasons-nope. I remember bringing up certain aspects of parallelism to my Brothers and other than the, "Five Friends and Brothers," connection there seems to be no recognition between the Blue Lodge and the Sigs. I liked and still love both societies and have no complaints.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join