It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kappa Sigma & Freemasonry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I am an amteur symbolist and enjoy comparing many socitieis rituals to that of freemasonry. I find it interesting how many of them either have their roots or just borrow heavily from the blue lodge and the York and Scottish Rites.
I am particularly interested in Kappa Sigma as, from what i can tell, their ritual bears a remarkable resemblance to the 1st degree in Masonry.
Is there anyone here with a copy of their ritual who would like to discuss this more?

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by netranger
I am an amteur symbolist and enjoy comparing many socitieis rituals to that of freemasonry. I find it interesting how many of them either have their roots or just borrow heavily from the blue lodge and the York and Scottish Rites.
I am particularly interested in Kappa Sigma as, from what i can tell, their ritual bears a remarkable resemblance to the 1st degree in Masonry.
Is there anyone here with a copy of their ritual who would like to discuss this more?

Netranger,

That college greek-letter societies often bear strong resemblance to Freemasonry isn't new information, but Kappa Sigma does bear a MUCH stronger resemblance to the so-called "Symbolic" or "Craft" degrees of Freemasonry (First-Third Degrees) Some founders of Kappa Sigma were Freemasons and borrowed much more heavily from Freemasonic ritual than did founders of other Greek-letter societies.

I am a ritual collector (and have several hundred fraternal rituals including Kappa Sigma) HOWEVER, discussing it on-list was 'nixed' by the Moderators some time back because some people were getting TOO specific and there was purportedly a threat of lawsuit from a national Fraternity's HQ (Let's have a big hand for lawyers) :-)

Regards,

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Senrak.
Would you be willing to discuss this more off list?
I cannot send U2U yet but is there another way we can discuss this?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by netranger
Senrak.
Would you be willing to discuss this more off list?
I cannot send U2U yet but is there another way we can discuss this?

netranger,

I just sent you a U2U with my e-mail address.

regards,

Senrak

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 11:23 AM
link   
The founders were not freemasons at the founding of the American fraternity. Some of them later did become Masons. However Stephen Alonso Jackson, who wrote the ritual, was a Mason, and thus the similarities. Interestingly enough, Kappa Sigma chapters are set up in the same arrangement as Masonic. Sometimes initiations are held at the local masonic temple, and there is almost no setting up required.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I've never heard of a KS initiation ceremony taking place at a masonic lodge. I'm not saying it's never happened, I just haven't ever heard of it. Most likely a KS went on into masonry and set such an arrangement up for whatever reason. I was in the fraternity in college.

[edit on 16-11-2005 by 2nd Hand Thoughts]

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2nd Hand Thoughts
I've never heard of a KS initiation ceremony taking place at a masonic lodge. I'm not saying it's never happened, I just haven't ever heard of it. Most likely a KS went on into masonry and set such an arrangement up for whatever reason. I was in the fraternity in college.

My college fraternity (Kappa Alpha Order) was founded by 4 men...two of whom were Masons and the chief author of the ritual was a Mason. Our chapter used the local Masonic Temple with very little re-arrangement (particularly since the local temple was set up for a Chapter of Royal Arch Masons...all three principal officers being seated in the front)

This is not too uncommon, even among other fraternities that I'm familiar with.

Regards,

posted on Nov, 20 2005 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I am a member of Sigma Pi and the masonic lodge, and many of my friends are Kappa sigs as well as masons. Masonry does indeed play a huge part in their symbols and ritual. The ritual for Phi Kappa Sigma seems VERY Masonic. That is one I would love to experience.

Senrak, I'd love to talk with you about this more!!

posted on Nov, 21 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
with regards to the royal arch masonry, how would this tie in with the setup...with regards to the order...
you can u2u me with the answer...

posted on May, 8 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
I am a member of the Kappa Sigma fraternity, and i would like to discuss the ritual, now that i am a member of the masons as well.

posted on Jun, 24 2006 @ 02:55 AM
link   
I was a pledge for Phi Kappa Sigma but was never initiated. I can tell you that alot of thier symbolism is borrowed from the Scottish Rite. I am a member of Kappa Alpha and know that alot of thier initiations take place in Masonic Lodges. Senrak I would love to chat with you about ritual you have seen.

posted on Oct, 18 2006 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Why is senrak a banned member?

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 10:13 AM
link   
yes the KS ritual is imiliar but if you compare there a lot more rituals the same

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Beat me to the topic. damnit. Well anyways I have a roommate who's a Kappa Sigma. Recently initiated.

I can say for a fact to everyone hear that yes it does have affinities to freemasonry.

1) The pin they wear is a Pyramid with the Snake tree of life symbol. A symbol popular among international bankers, businessmen and people in the medical field.

2) They have a new symbol. And get this. It's a Satanic Pentagram, with a Crescent moon and skull and bones.

I was hanging out with them at the university pub the other day and one of them said that most kappa sigma's end up being pushed into Masonry.

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Do you still happen to have senrak's contact info?

posted on Jan, 21 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What is this questioning of Kappa Sigma degrees for? They are a college fraternity and uneventful. None of them are really ritual working members except for their year in college.

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I go to the UofA and am at the Kappa Sig house A LOT. Their iniations are held at the frat. house during Christmas break and the frat. meets once a week to discuss social events and etc. I have other friends that are KA and Pike. My best friend is in the Kappa Alpha Order. He said that the KA and the Masons share a lot things. A lot of KA history has Masonary involved. My father is also a 32nd degree Mason and meets at the Lodge each week he gets a chance.

posted on Feb, 1 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
soundaddicted,

The "triangle" pin, or Caduceus, is the pledge pin.

"From the 15th to 19th century there was a silver German coin called a Thaler. The pronunciation of thaler changed as the coin spread throughout Europe, and in English it was known as dollar. On one type of this coin, was the imprint of a crucifix on one side and a serpent on the other side. The serpent was attached to a cross and the coin bore the inscription "NU 21", which refers to Numbers chapter 21 and the story of Moses lifting up the snake on a staff3. From this symbol we have the dollar sign "$"."

.....taken from the website www.seiyaku.com.... It also lists the medical field's Caduceus among other origins and uses of serpents and crosses or swords.

The "pentagram" pin is worn by actual brothers. It is not a "new pin". It would be new to your friend if he was newly activated.

posted on Feb, 18 2007 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Mod Edit: Post removed.

[edit on 14/8/2007 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Feb, 19 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by occultus lumen
Why is senrak a banned member?

I saw that too. hmm...........

I better behave myself because I tend to be a little trollish on message boards. I can't help it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join