It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first squadron of Typhoon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Typhoon jet joins frontline terror fight

the first squadron of typhoons have just arrived
its quite good on how versitile they are and how almost all apects are controlled by 75 computers

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
A very nice movie indeed... yes, I have also waited for a long time... I just love the plane... Maybe they will pay a visit here next summer...

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Figher Master FIN]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Great bit of video there, thanks

Anyone else notice how actual examples of the Typhoons awesome manouverability are conspicuous by their absence, be it on video or at airshows?

I'm starting to think this is a deliberate act designed not to give too much away. I say this because the Tiffie I saw over the North Sea while on my hols was flinging itself all over the place and was far more impressive than any public demonstration I have yet seen, which have all looked distinctly flat beside displays given by almost any other fast jet type.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:10 PM
link   
will be great when they get the full amount of 235+ typhoons
best part of it is that they just need to change a bit of software on it to change its roles

the video is much better when saved on file

[edit on 19-10-2005 by bodrul]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by waynos
Great bit of video there, thanks

Anyone else notice how actual examples of the Typhoons awesome manouverability are conspicuous by their absence, be it on video or at airshows?

I'm starting to think this is a deliberate act designed not to give too much away. I say this because the Tiffie I saw over the North Sea while on my hols was flinging itself all over the place and was far more impressive than any public demonstration I have yet seen, which have all looked distinctly flat beside displays given by almost any other fast jet type.

Exactly what i mean... When you see the plane fly you just get crazy... It's just so free, so wonderful... And so much better than the Raptor...

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:30 AM
link   
lets hope the typhoons get their reguler service pack updates (SP2 i think we are on??) haha joking side they look superb!

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Beautiful looking aircraft, wish we were getting a few here in Australia. We are most likely replacing all our F/A-18s and F-111s with the F-35 JSF. I'm not so sure about it, it really is putting all our eggs in the one basket.

Just an aside, is the Spitfire in the video in some sort of Maritime colours? Haven't seen any painted up like that before.

(Another aside! Did anyone see that 4-part series "Spitfire Ace"? What a great documentary!)

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 04:13 AM
link   
The Spit in the video is a photo recce version and is painted in RAF PRU blue, which just means Photo Recconaissance Unit, and was the colour specially devised for the role, after the war some RAF fighter squadrons (Hornet and Vampire ones mainly) used this coulour on the undersides instead of light aircraft grey, while retaining camouflage on the upper surfaces.

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Wow I just realised I know one of the pilots interviewed there! I can't wait to see this regularly around UK bases. Hopefully should be almost fully implemented by the time I hope (fingers crossed still) get in, well either that or the JCA but that's a whole new article for when it gets to this stage

jra

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Nice vid and a very nice jet. I wish Canada would get these to replace our old CF-18's, insted of wasting money on upgrading them, so that we can use them for God knows how many more decades.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Thanks for that Bodrul, excellent bit of video.

That plane looks awesome, very cool intro with the Spit too
(and showing it passing the Tornado in the background was a neat moment I thought).

new topics

top topics

join