It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors That Cheney May Resign? Condi Vice-Pres?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Goodpost True American. If it did occur, it would be a turning point in our history as a nation. It would not surprise me at all if Condi stood in for the Vep. if it actually came down to it. Who else could Bush trust in such a high position and right down the hall? They do need to do some 'housekeeping' if you know what I mean.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I know that Hilary is not better... CAN WE HAVE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR 2008 ELECTIONS PLEASE??

I agree Vitchilo. I stand by my signature. The last election was the corker for me. Was the first time since I was old enough to vote that I didn't. Fact is I didn't want either one of them as my president. Clinton? Rice? How about someone who is worthy of the office?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
Its not going to be Rice. Its whoever the GOP is gonna prop up for president. Let them get the free publicity and whatever campaign edge the position may carry.

GOP? More like who ever the globalists and rich financiers truly pulling the strings decide upon and groom. CFR circa 1976: Jimmy Carter. Bilderberg Group circa 1991: Clinton. They will probably decide at next years Bilderberg, Bohemian Grove or elsewhere who they will make president, and who will be the straw man to give the people a flase choice.

It may not neccesarily be a democrat, nor a man. Some say a quick constitutional amendment to allow Awwwnold, some say Condi Rice. Some say a total unknown. Who knows, could be the 'antichrist'.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Bush whacked Rove on CIA leak
An angry President Bush rebuked chief political guru Karl Rove two years ago for his role in the Valerie Plame affair, sources told the Daily News.

When Was the President Told?
If Rove told the President about his role in the leak two years ago, did that occur before or after McClellan made these statements? If it was before, why did McClellan say what he said? If it was after, why has he never corrected the record?

Bush rumored to be implicated in traitor-gate, next batter!

Say Hello to the New Prez of 2006

The Presidential line of succession, as specified by the United States Constitution and under United States Code Title 3, Section 19 (a.k.a. the Presidential Succession Act of 1947) is currently:

1. Vice President (Richard B. Cheney)
2. Speaker of the House of Representatives (J. Dennis Hastert)
3. President pro tempore of the Senate (Ted Stevens)
4. Secretary of State (Condoleezza Rice)
5. Secretary of the Treasury (John W. Snow)
6. Secretary of Defense (Donald H. Rumsfeld)
7. Attorney General (Alberto Gonzales)
8. Secretary of the Interior (Gale Norton)
9. Secretary of Agriculture (Mike Johanns)
10. Secretary of Commerce (Carlos Gutierrez, ineligible)
11. Secretary of Labor (Elaine Chao, ineligible)
12. Secretary of Health and Human Services (Michael Leavitt)
13. Secretary of Housing and Urban Development (Alphonso Jackson)
14. Secretary of Transportation (Norman Y. Mineta)
15. Secretary of Energy (Samuel W. Bodman)
16. Secretary of Education (Margaret Spellings)
17. Secretary of Veterans Affairs (Jim Nicholson)

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

Originally posted by DaTruth
That story was proven to be false. There was no investigation or proof that any vandalism or theft of property occured. Just Bush & Co pulling another fast one on the american public

umm, that story came from cnn....a decidely anti-bush news agency....and it was not proven wrong, it was put aside...and youre right, no investigations were made...wonder why?

ed. to shorten quote

[edit on 19-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Wonder why?!?!? Because it never happened. Try watching BBC instead of CNN. Vandalism and theft of property is a crime. If this happened for real i bet your arse that someone would of been pressing charges

[edit on 20-10-2005 by DaTruth]

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 02:25 PM
link   

That story was proven to be false. There was no investigation or proof that any vandalism or theft of property occured. Just Bush & Co pulling another fast one on the american public

umm, that story came from cnn....a decidely anti-bush news agency....and it was not proven wrong, it was put aside...and youre right, no investigations were made...wonder why?

ed. to shorten quote

[edit on 19-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

Wonder why?!?!? Because it never happened. Try watching BBC instead of CNN. Vandalism and theft of property is a crime. If this happened for real i bet your arse that someone would of been pressing charges

[edit on 20-10-2005 by DaTruth]

hey NERDLING....

you ask me to get back on the topic, so i leave it alone as requested....but its ok for others to stay off topic by continueing to bash my post? whats up with that? just because you two agree against me you ignore his post?

and by the way, since i am forced to defend myself, check out the washington post report on 6-1-01.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 02:19 AM
link   
That's so weird...

I hardly remember it, but a while ago I was listening to Coast to Coast AM or something. One of the guys on it was a self-proclaimed psychic. He said something to the effect that Condi will be the next U.S. President. He said that Cheney will resign, Condi will take his place, then she'll run in '08 and win.

Weird.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I think Americans are maybe ready for a female president, but a black one? I couldnt care less about whether a candidate is black or not, but I am not American so my feelings are irrelevant when it comes to actually choosing. But if Colin Powell was said to never be able to be President because he is black, what makes you think Condi will be? There is enough rabid extremist racism in the US to ensure that some idiot would try and do something about it, if it happened.

Sad state of affairs.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo
But if Colin Powell was said to never be able to be President because he is black, what makes you think Condi will be? There is enough rabid extremist racism in the US to ensure that some idiot would try and do something about it, if it happened.

Sad state of affairs.

i love it when non-americans think they know all about american society.

colin powell could have and would have become president if he had decided to try for it. he didnt want to, and his wife asked him not to. he would definitely have had my vote....and if nobody bothered to put a bullet into clinton, who's policies made him the closest thing to a black president we've had so far, nobody was going to bother with powell.

as for the rest, do you really believe the united states is stuck in 1960 just because of a few fanatics? thats like saying south africa is still stuck in the 1980s.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:43 PM
link   
I love how foreigners try to call us racist. We're no more racist than any other country out there, and a whole lot LESS racist than many of them.

They only problem I can see with a female candidate is that the fact that she's female would definitely be used in her campaign. "Women for Hillary!", etc.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Where's Condi from? That's the important question imo. I've looked into it and all presidents come from the southern states, since Kennedy of course. Nixon, Reagan, from California. Can get much further south than that. I'm talking about where they served in politics previously, not where they were born.

Am I wrong thinking this?

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:29 AM
link   
umm, california is NOT a southern state.

for future reference, texas is the westernmost state that can historically be called "southern."

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:32 AM
link   

umm, california is NOT a southern state.

for future reference, texas is the westernmost state that can historically be called "southern."

Tell that to Washington, Oregon, etc. I could add more to that list.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Wasn't she raised in B'ham, Alabama.

Now, this is a Southern State. Notice, the difference; the S is capitalized in this context.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Tell that to Washington, Oregon, etc. I could add more to that list.

you could add as many states as you wanted to, but you'd still be wrong. you'd think a mod would know better than to post without researching, so i'll help you out a little.

there were 13 stars on the confederate flag, and only 11 of them represent states that actually seceded. i dont know where you are from, but in the US, we only refer to those states that were represented on the confederate flag as the southern states. california, oregon, and washington (state) are west coast states.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 02:23 AM
link   
However, Hawaii is the most southern of all states. It does not, howaever, belong to the South. Again, capitalization is everything.

I'm veering off the road, please forgive me.

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 01:13 PM
link   
If Cheney leaves because of a scandal, Bush will need to restore faith in the VP office and the Bush administration. To do that he's going to have to pick somebody outside of the Bush-neocon club. I think if Cheney has to resign as a result of indictment in the CIA/Plamegate case then Bush will want to pick somebody that A) is widely respected in both parties, B) helps return a sense of legitmacy to his administration after a scandal, and C) can be the next Republican nominee for President. I can only think of two people who could meet all three of those criteria. John McCain and Colin Powell.

McCain has said he has no interest in being VP before, but if Bush were smart he would do his administration another favor and get rid of Rumsfeld and ask McCain to be his VP and Sec. of Defense. If McCain comes in and "fixes" things in Iraq he would be in a excellent position to win the nomination and general election in 2008.

Powell would be too if he ran. While his popularity took a hit when his Iraq WMD speech to the UN was proven to be completey wrong he's still a widely respected person. He's said many times he doesn't want to run for the Presidency in large part because of the heated pirmary lection process. A VP slot would help him avoid a heated primary race because the party would get behind him early and ward off any challengers. I doublt he would do it so I think McCain would be the best choice.

As for Rice, I don't hink she would be offered the position for two reasons in this scenario. A) she's tied itn toeh Bush-necon group that's been runnig ths show. If Cheney and others in that group are indicted Bush is going to want ot bring in new blood to show he's moving away from the scandal and the problems that caused it to occur. B) She's never run for political office in her life and has said many times she does not want to be president.

[edit on 23-10-2005 by Delta 38]

posted on Oct, 23 2005 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by inquisitivemind
So if both Rice and H Clinton runs for the preseditenial eletcion, who will win?

A third party...

Sorry, but the world is still filled with bigots, who will vote against them both due to being female and Condi will feel it even worse than Hillary. Unless of course a Florida happens...

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 12:56 PM
link   

i love it when non-americans think they know all about american society.

I know more about your society than you do about mine. That goes for respective politics too.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The fact that Ms. Rice is female or black is immaterial. As was already stated she is a Neo-Con. The fact that she parroted Bush and Cheney about planes flying into buildings and that she is now pushing for more illegal wars against any governmant that a) has oil b) is near an area that has oil or 3) is arrogant enough to try to control their own natural resources like Venezeula.
She is tainted by the last 5 years of Bush II regime and deserves to follow the rest of the "crazies" down the nearest worm hole.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join