It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors That Cheney May Resign? Condi Vice-Pres?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by cargo

I know more about your society than you do about mine. That goes for respective politics too.

oh really? pretty bold statement considering that you know nothing about me except maybe what i do for a living if youve been paying attention to other threads.

when you consider that i dont even know where you are from (that would be a good place to start from if you really want to play this silly little game), i cant really comment on how much i know about your country. furthermore, i dont ever remember saying that i knew more about your country than you do...that statement was all yours.

but i am pretty darn positive that you dont know more about mine than i do.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 04:57 AM
link   
If you look the the left in my mini profile you will see my location. If you are unfamiliar with the internet suffix of my country then a quick google should help you out.

posted on Oct, 29 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
-Removes tape measure from pocket,
unzips trousers,
measures.-

"My God, it's massive..."

To be honest, it is possible to know more about the Nation someone is living in than another person. Look at your average citizen and then look at your average member on ATS - O.K...the non-tin-foil hat members.

It is also possible for neither of you to have to comment on where someone is, location wise and never bring up such comments as:

Originally posted by snafu7700
I love it when non-americans think they know all about american society.

In fact, I would place money on me knowing more about American Society and History than your average member does on the topic, especailly with many of their comments on these bored - however, nobody needs to even mention where someone is from. It only harms the debate and turns it into a measuring contest to boost your own ego.

It's not really in the spirit of denying ignorance or apathy now is it?

[edit on 29/10/2005 by Odium]

<< 1  2   >>

join