It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rumors That Cheney May Resign? Condi Vice-Pres?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2005 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Paul Bedard- US News & World Report

US News and World Report

Sparked by today's Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney's office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

Said another Bush associate of the rumor, "Yes. This is not good." The rumor spread so fast that some Republicans by late morning were already drawing up reasons why Rice couldn't get the job or run for president in 2008.

*Please visit above link for more details*
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, somehow I just don't believe this, but seeing as where it came from, I figured I'd post it. I don't have much commentary to add other than Condi, Vice Pres? Ummm. No.

[edited to correct title]

[edit on 19-10-2005 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:01 AM
link   
why not? theyve been grooming us for a female president/vice president for years. have you seen the new tv show, "commander in chief"?

bush cant run again, therefore he cant really hurt himself politically. so maybe he sees it as his legacy to raise a black women to this nations second highest office.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Its not going to be Rice. Its whoever the GOP is gonna prop up for president. Let them get the free publicity and whatever campaign edge the position may carry.

Rice will not run. She is too far to the right to run in a campaign now. W seemed much more the moderate in his first run. The Democrats if they can think out of the box and not nominate another party stooge ie. Kerry or Clinton should do okay, but they will go for Hillary and leave the stage open for the GOP unless say a Cheney runs or they put up say a Rumsfield/Delay dream team.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:24 AM
link   
If this edited for (stupid language)of Cheney and Rumselfd is elected, then i'm moving to another country... it will be worse than with bush..

So i hope that the people in this country understood the error they did twice with Bush but like i said Jamais deux sans trois!

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
If this (edited) of Cheney and Rumselfd is elected, then i'm moving to another country... it will be worse than with bush..

So i hope that the people in this country understood the error they did twice with Bush but like i said Jamais deux sans trois!

and you really believe that hillary would be any better? come on, she stole half the china in the white house, whats she gonna steal from you?

[edit on 19-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I know that Hilary is not better... CAN WE HAVE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR 2008 ELECTIONS PLEASE??

And i didn't understand the thing about the china/white house thing..

So if someone is interested, please presents you!

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Vitchilo]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:58 AM
link   
The situation does have potential, just imagine the first black and the first female president. If she is moved up to vice, it would not be very hard at all to make history.

But Condi would not be my choice by any means. That lady just don't sit right with me at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:41 AM
link   
If Cheney resigns, who will be the President now?

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I vote Thomas Crowne!

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:23 AM
link   
So if both Rice and H Clinton runs for the preseditenial eletcion, who will win?
but what are the chances that they are actually going to run against one another?
the election in 2008 is going to get interesting...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by inquisitivemind
So if both Rice and H Clinton runs for the preseditenial eletcion, who will win?

Ralph Nader

So what's the deal? Now that haliburton is set up with no bid contracts for the next decade Cheney's gonna go grab his fat slice of the pie as CEO again?

As for the next VP, who's next on the PNAC bigwig list and there's your answer.

My guess is Paul Wolfowitz over Rice for Bush's choice.

[edit on 10/19/05 by redmage]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
ummm...Rice vrs. Clinton.....hope the third parties really get their messages out there this time around!!! if those are the two prime candidates, they might have a shot!

I'm still seeing a Clinton/ Gingrich ticket.....can't help it. Clinton isn't as liberal as she's made out to be, both the dems and the republicans need something drastic done to their images, and well, I've noticed those two rubbing elbows often lately.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I know that Hilary is not better... CAN WE HAVE A GOOD CANDIDATE FOR 2008 ELECTIONS PLEASE??

when the clintons left the white house, they got caught taking china and other artifacts that belong to the white house.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 11:41 AM
link   
No way on earth. I'm here to tell you they wont go.

Natural superstorms being guided into the US will put us at bay. This will be the solution, IMHO

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Rice and Hillary may run for the chance to a presidential nomination, but as usual women in this country are still look at as minorities when it comes to the male counterpart and the presidential seat.

They may run but they will be killed by their male counterparts. I would not vote for any of them.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

when the clintons left the white house, they got caught taking china and other artifacts that belong to the white house.

That story was proven to be false. There was no investigation or proof that any vandalism or theft of property occured. Just Bush & Co pulling another fast one on the american public

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaTruth
That story was proven to be false. There was no investigation or proof that any vandalism or theft of property occured. Just Bush & Co pulling another fast one on the american public

umm, that story came from cnn....a decidely anti-bush news agency....and it was not proven wrong, it was put aside...and youre right, no investigations were made...wonder why?

ed. to shorten quote

[edit on 19-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Begs the question...

What's scarier? Cheney as the evil babysitter, or Bush without a babysitter? Man, there's a catch 22.....

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Nothing was taken. No China, no W keys from the keyboard, no A/C units. It was an urban legend proven false.

They didn't belong to the White House, they belonged to the American people and theft of artefacts or property WOULD be investigated.

Get back on topic please.

[edit on 19-10-2005 by Nerdling]

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
But Nerdling saying the CLintons stole things makes what Bush does now look a little less bad! Let the Bush Bots have their fantasies, they need those dreams to seperate them from reality.

Anyways, Condi as President, hmmm, Pat ROBERtson&Co, KKK, CCC, FCR, Neo Nazis, all hate black people, all republican groups, not going to happen. That would be like the Dems having Jeb Bush run on a Democrat ticket... If Condi did steal the election they would have to make a new Pope Mobile thing, the one with the Bulletproof Bubble so the people can see the Pope through 6 inches of bulletproof glass, except after 5 minutes so many bullets would hit the bubble it would be a foot of metal and then 6 inches of bulletproof glass as more and more bullets are fired.

I capitalized the ROBER part of Robertson to make a point on him since he steals from the people. Except he does have God on his side, he prays for the SC to die, one does, he prays for sinners to die and Katrina hits New Orleans killing Democrats.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join