It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane Wilma - Strongest Hurricane Ever Recorded!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Landfall location:

Power outages
Miami, Florida
Homestead, Florida

Local Live TV station - video bottom right
www.nbc-2.com...

7 AM EDT POSITION...26.1 N... 81.4 W.
MOVEMENT TOWARD...NORTHEAST NEAR 22 MPH.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS...120 MPH.
MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE... 950 MB.

Miami radar loop:
www.srh.noaa.gov...

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Wow - it's getting pretty serious in Daytona area - causeways closing, winds, water.

glad it's gonna be a quick one for us - hope the southern peninsula is okay

Edit: Actually opening shelters in Volusia???????

[edit on 10/24/2005 by Relentless]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 07:40 AM
link   

funny, this reporter said "hide in your basement" with a tornado watch...

For those who don't know, this is so funny because about 99.9% of homes in Florida do not have basements....
(as they'd be underwater)...

Anyhoo, we didn't see much in Tampa Bay, but some high winds...as the storm made landfall far south of us.

Worldwatcher, how are you guys doin? (if you've got power)...

We've got a tornado watch till 11am, but it's pretty much past us....and we're still in a TS warning... Saw some line traffic lights and street signs getting whipped around. Most lights are now the new hurricane lights though, and they are fairing very well. Just a little debris in the roadway, so we really dodged the bullet on this one. Once again, Tampa Bay's invisible shield seems to have held... This has to be the luckiest area of the West Coast of Florida......when it comes to these storms.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 08:26 AM
link   
checking crowd cam outside Sloppy Joe's in Key West -- looks like the water is almost knee deep -- hard to tell till I see an actual person on the stree where the crowd cam is.

edited to add-- if you put it on now you can see the guy from fox news doing his interview in front of the vehicle.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by justme1640]
second edit -- don't know where that strange stuff came from...hopefully took care of it now

[edit on 24-10-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just spoke with WorldWatcher via cell...(Miami/Dade county area)

Her power is out.

They are experiencing steady winds of 60-70mph, with gusts over 100mph...currently!

She's pretty excited and upbeat, all things considered.... She said they lost power around quarter to 6am (so they've been down for over 4 and half hours now...). She's lost a shed so far, and some siding from the house, and reports that trees are down everywhere and all over the roads. She's well prepared though, and the little ones in the house sounded (in the background) more excited than frightened...

Lets all hope she and her family stay safe and well....

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Oh, thanks for that info. about WW.

It´s a great relief knowing they are ok and that you are able to communicate with them, in case they need you.
I was worried about her, as there was no post since long ago.
Thank you for sharing.

I really hope they keep fine and safe.

[edit on 24-10-2005 by Ptolomeo]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Once it's safe, she has a generator, but that will likely be for more necessary things (like AC and fridge)... She said she'd be taking some pics to post also...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I am sure she will have the chance of some excellent pictures. It is said that winds are really amazing... What about tornadoes?

I hope they do not have to face that too.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Wilma and Alpha is merging...

htttp://www.ssd.noaa.gov/PS/TROP/DATA/RT/watl-vis-loop.html

[edit on 24-10-2005 by mwen]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:38 AM
link   
I live in east coast Canada (Nova Scotia)

Is it heading in that direction?
If so, will it still be consider a hurricane?? I'm starting to get worried.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
See this senario:

senario link

There is a possibility of Snow falls in the Northeast on tuesday 10/25/2005!

[edit on 24-10-2005 by mwen]

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Okay, so the storms are merging and heading my way...
Does this mean that Wilma/Alpha will become stronger?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Useful 1diot
Okay, so the storms are merging and heading my way...
Does this mean that Wilma/Alpha will become stronger?

Most likely!

from the link above:

Ingredients are coming together for a strong East Coast storm Tuesday and into Wednesday. A storm system tracking through the Ohio Valley will merge with Hurricane Wilma as she races up the Eastern Seaboard. Add in leftover energy from Alpha and we have quite the storm. Besides heavy rainfall winds will be quite gusty. Wind gusts on Tuesday will near 40 mph in Philadelphia, 50 mph in New York City and near 60 mph in Boston. In fact, it is not out of the question that hurricane-force winds will be felt along the New England coastline late on Tuesday...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:13 AM
link   
For more info:

Looks like there is another thread about this hurrican merging thing...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 11:20 AM
link   
The farthest north I've heard a forecast for is Long Island, NY, where the forecast is for high seas and winds up to around 60 mph. The track continues on up the coast though and if it follows the scenario of a bit further south then you can expect higher than normal seas, lots of rain along the immediate coast with snow further inland--I no naught about the winds that far north.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Haven't tried to call her yet again, as I don't want to drain her cell batteries (no recharging if the power is out), but I'm assuming WorldWatcher's power is still out. That means she's been out for nearly 8 hours now....

In last year's hurricanes, we barely got brushed in the bay area, yet many were out of power for days (hence the importance of supplies, even in areas that don't get a direct hit). Since she got a lot of the brunt of the storm, we may not hear much from her for a few days even, as they try and get the power restored.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   
That´s worrying...

I hope they are fine, as well as all ATS members who have been on Wilma´s path.

I have been reading about the merging of Wilma and Alpha and would that be the first in history? Do we really know the effects of such a storm?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Hopefully we hear from her soon.

Ptolomeo, I had that problem once last night with the page layout but not today.

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dangermouse
Hopefully we hear from her soon.

Ptolomeo, I had that problem once last night with the page layout but not today.

I hope too, dangermouse. After watching all the videos of Wilma and reading about the last cell conversation with WW, can´t avoid being a little worried...

I am still having the problem with the forum, it comes and goes.
Some posts are lost on the right page and avatars are much larger...
Who´s problem do you think it is?

posted on Oct, 24 2005 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I have been reading about the merging of Wilma and Alpha and would that be the first in history? Do we really know the effects of such a storm?

Go watch "The Perfect Storm." That event was caused by the merger of a hurricane and a strong mid-latitude storm. This time I hope the SEC doesn't approve the merger.

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join