It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the devil or a demon?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I had an unusual experience about ten years ago.

I had a difficult time in my life then and I was feeling sorry for my self and blaming all my problems on my background and what I called 'a #ty deal of the cards.'

I had started to reject christ and most of all god.

Started to believe that god did not exist actually.

Anyways one night I was really emotional about the whole affair and perfectly sober,

I'm lying in bed and even as I am falling asleep I am bemoaning the big bad world and how it is against me.

I pray or announce that god had better prove to me that he existed or I was gonna do something drastic,

you know like kill myself or pledge my soul to the dark side,

so anyways I am drifting off to sleep and I enter into a paralysis of sorts just before I am totally asleep but this time I am mentally alert like I am not sleeping at all.

Was it an abduction who knows (but that is annother topic anyways),

then in the darkness of my mind, I see the blackness or nothingness, I start to see something coming towards me.

It comes very fast right into my vision and soon it is everything I see.

it is the most ugly and horid looking thing I have ever seen,

a demon or the devil?

it had all the classic details that one would imagine.

had I challenged the devil to show himself to me by default, was it really him or was it a demon?

I don't know but it was so ugly and horrid that I tried to squirm and yet I felt trapped and unable to get away,

meanwhile this ugly thing seemed to revel in my squirming and revulsion of it,

I could feel the evil and maelovence emmanating from it,

I cried out in my dream or my mind or was it abduction or whatever it was: Christ help me! I beg you! Save me!

as soon as the word christ was said the thing was gone, faster than it had arrived. Then there was nothingness again.

my panic began to subside and then I had woken up shaking and in a cold sweat,

my heart beating like crazy!

I immediately got down on my knees and prayed for forgiveness and promised my soul to christ and said that I believed in god and that I did not want to be a part of such evil.

I pledged to serve god and christ and would make that the purpose of my life from that point on.

to this day I have not renounced what I said that night and I credit that experience with renewing my faith in god and christ,

I have no doubts that evil exists,

I saw it with my own eyes or experienced it in my mind.

Believe me you don't want to see it, and you do not want to be a part of it, I swear on a stack of bibles!

I would swear on a stack of any books if you want!

So now it's your turn,

what have you seen?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It sounds like classic case of sleep paralysis. I doubt it was truly a demon.

Angels & demons alike are formless creatures (if they exist), appearing only as light or in possession of a human or animal. No physical characteristics in either case. The classic devil/demon look of goat-like features arose during the middle ages when people had biblical plays when the humans portraying such things had to look like something.

If you saw anything real, I would suspect it was an alien. A true demon would look like nothing.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:28 AM
link   
I've had an experience with a demon once. I often have spontaneous OBEs. Of course, at first I didnt know it was OBE and I didnt remember anything from my voyages in the other realm. But about 2 years ago, when I started to browse the message boards more often, I realised whats going on so I decided to learn how to control it. After a few attempts I actually did it, I left my body, but then something horrifieing happened. A dark... thing appeared, I felt evil, I FELT it, and I panicked. Then for some reason I thought that the white light of Faith can save me. I started praying and I dont know how to explain it, its like a sheild was created, I felt a presence of something very poweful and good. A few moments later, the demon disapeared and I returned to my body.
Needless to say, I am a very religious person now.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:48 AM
link   
I really don't think it was a demon. I too have had similar experiences when sleeping. I have found that my condition is from a variety of reasons. But mostly stress. I had visions of being chased by something so horrible as well. I went to a sleep center to get help.
I was seeing things that weren't there, tired to wake up but couldn't, tried to move but I was totally paralyzed.
The diagnosis: Sleep Apnea.
In your case I can see that you were overly stressed about life issues. Your mind was "full" when you went to sleep. You may have stopped breathing at which point you could feel that "I need to wake up but cant" feeling hence the cold sweaty resurgence. This is just my experience mind you .
The Greek word "apnea" literally means "without breath." There are three types of apnea: obstructive, central, and mixed; of the three, obstructive is the most common. Despite the difference in the root cause of each type, in all three, people with untreated sleep apnea stop breathing repeatedly during their sleep, sometimes hundreds of times during the night and often for a minute or longer.
Obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) is caused by a blockage of the airway, usually when the soft tissue in the rear of the throat collapses and closes during sleep. In central sleep apnea, the airway is not blocked but the brain fails to signal the muscles to breathe. Mixed apnea, as the name implies, is a combination of the two. With each apnea event, the brain briefly arouses people with sleep apnea in order for them to resume breathing, but consequently sleep is extremely fragmented and of poor quality. I think that when you went to sleep you dreamt of what was bothering you and manifested that into your worst fear. Which happens all the time.
I'm not a doctor I just play one on TV.

Im just giving you information on what I went through.
I had to use a breathing machine for awhile. The stress reduced and I am able to sleep comfortably now.

Mark

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:55 AM
link   
I have met the Christ only.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 04:57 AM
link   

heelstone
It sounds like classic case of sleep paralysis. I doubt it was truly a demon

If you saw anything real, I would suspect it was an alien. A true demon would look like nothing.

THENEO it could be what heelstone says, but you made a demand to God

I pray or announce that god had better prove to me that he existed or I was gonna do something drastic,

you know like kill myself or pledge my soul to the dark side

God works in mysterious ways, he did what he had to.

DO YOU BELIEVE NOW ???

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Yes Demons are very real!
And they do and have appeared to many people .......they do come in many forms......

I myself have heard voices(not those in my head telling me to do something)..it happened a long time ago when I was deeply involved in Seances..the ones you have 'fun' with at home..
Demons are very real......My dad when he was younger in Greece actually saw quite alot of wierd stuff....but he was never scared.......it happened one day when he was walking alone and rocks were being thrown to him ,but no one was around ......the rocks just appeared to fly at him and always missing him.....there are small chapels around the villages in Greece and my dad stepped into one and the rocks just stopped coming....alot of other wierd stuff did happen.....
Mermaids were quite popular in his village .......demons have appeared in many forms to fool the person into believing whatever their imagination holds.......I guess to make people believe that he the Devil does not Exist......what better way then to come in whatever form he likes ,other then himself.......there have been cases where he has appeared as an ugly Creep that he is (well, he is ugly...and who cares about his feelings!)
helen....

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Apologies Neo dude but I forgot to mention that I dont believe in Heaven or Hell. I am athiest. I believe there is always a rational reason behind any strange occurance. If that is what you werent seeking than apologies for my "diagnosis" of your situation and my ingnorance. I have no knowlegde of Demons or Mermaids.

Peace

Mark

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by MarkosOrrealus]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Satans biggest deceptions

There's no Hell, you have no soul and there's no Satan

Muhahahahaha

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by iconoclast

Muhahahahaha

The big hairy pink elephants from Hell who smell of cheese and eat children for breakfast's greatest deception:

There's no Hell, and there's no big hairy pink elephants from Hell who smell of cheese and eat children for breakfast...

Oh, nooooo... they're coming for us soooon.....

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Muhahahahaha

I've been duped good then.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Yes you have.

Read this sometime

www.av1611.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Here ya go. Satan and one of his minions

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Zzub, i love you mate.. that was best yet today!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Yes you have.

Read this sometime

www.av1611.org...

Oh, I know The Bible and what it says. I read the thing at least once fully and twice or more in several sections. For 21 years I was part of the United Methodist faith. I've been led away from belief. Thats about all there is to it. When I was a member of the church, my interpretation was never one such as that as the consequences and reality of Hell as that site lists. That does nothing for me.

[Edited on 13-9-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
hmmm

I would say (not that i personally believe in demons/god/devil.. or how others would describe them to be atleast) that its only the christian religion that would ever use fear as a motive for belief ....

There are probably a fair few more rational explanations for what happens - as other have mentioned. But if it was something spiritual as you believed then i would be inclined to say that if there was a god - he would want use to believe his opposition was so ugly/scary . . .

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Lilith, why do you say quote////I would say (not that i personally believe in demons/god/devil.. or how others would describe them to be atleast) that its only the christian religion that would ever use fear as a motive for belief ....
unquote//

Christianity does not teach fear.....Why fear the Devil???
He cannot harm you if you know who he truly is.......fear comes from your soul which belongs to God.......

Scary to look at YES......he is disgusting ,vulgar and makes many people believe that he is not truly the evil and lier of all ages ......

Christianity only teaches ''Love'' all mankind.....do no one any harm......even your enemies.......
Christianity is not only people that are babtised Christian.....there are many so called Christians and they are worse off then hardened criminals with the most worse offence committed you can think of....that does not make them TRUE Christians.....nor does it give them any special offers to do as they please.....for all will have to answer to God.....(whether one believes this or not, is up to them )

Lilith, have you ever seen anything really ugly that would scare you???
Scare you ,as in FEAR by the sight or sound or touch???
If not, then I would not wish it upon you.........
It is easy for someone to say things about something which they truly do not really know anything about!!!
It is easy to get on the INTERNETT and go surfing for their knowledge of Truth.......
The Internett can be good, but mostly it's full of Bull S***
And for people that have no knowledge of what is real or fanatasy, the internett is a bomb waiting to go off.........
helen....

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
as soon as the word christ was said the thing was gone.

yeah, it was a demon.I think a scripture once said somthing like this"demons in hell tremble in fear when the name Jesus is said" or about any name christ realated.....not sure why it was there . I have said things like that and got mad at God before, but thankfully I never had that experience.

[Edited on 9-13-2003 by theshadowknows]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
TheNeo,

No need to prove to anyone what it was you saw...you know what it was, you felt it...you know in your mind/soul exactly what it was. None of us were there to experience that moment, to see and feel what it was you did...so none of us can really say you didn't see what you saw (dang that sounds confusing).

I've had similar experiences...and have seen the 'face' of evil in the form it chose to manifest itself in. I know what it felt like, what it looked like and the effect it had on me...in many ways it also 'scared me straight'...people can claim all they want, pass it off as sleep paralysis, tricks of the mind etc etc...bottom line is they aren't me, they weren't there...even logic goes out the window when you are face to face with the illogical...so believe what you believe TheNeo, thats all that really matters.

Peace,
ALIEN

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join