It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone seen the devil or a demon?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 02:58 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:02 PM
link   

these kinds of dreams incorporate LUCID DREAMING, OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCE, THE ASTRAL PLAINE -AND- (THE CONCEPT OF) THE INTRUDER

wtf, would you like one of these:
??

Please review these instructions.

[edit on 15-6-2005 by Nygdan]

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Hehe, not only is it an ancient thread, but the starter was banned. Ah well. That'll teach me to pay better attention to ATS details.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by PastorRap
I have seen and been possesed by demons-

Do tell!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I dunno, I already recounted my story of driving in Michigan on that other Demon thread, so I won't go there. I've had some experiences which I don't really care to get into, but one comes to mind that I think I can share. I was crashing over at a friends house after a distributor meeting we had for work because it was about midnight when it ended and I didn't feel up to the hour and a half commute only to wake up 3 hours later and make the same commute back into work the next morning.

Everything's fine and dandy, we talked for a little bit, then went to bed. I'm laying on a mattress on the floor, and completely klonk out. It was a long, stressful day, lemme tell you!

3:30 in the morning, and I'm suddenly completely awake, and sitting up on the bed. The appartment is wrapped in shadows, the rumble of the occasional train coming by throwing flashes of green light through the kitchen window.

This is really hard to describe, because it was so bizzare. The appartment was in an L shape, the lower part being the kitchen, then the longer part being the bedroom/living room (studio appt), and at the end of that, on the right, is the bathroom. The way I was laying in the bed, I was facing towards the bathroom with the back of my head facing my friend's bed, which was facing the kitchen. I'm sitting up, and look over at the kitchen as the train goes by. Then, I look forward again, and, again, it was bizzare. It seemed like the darkness back near where the bathroom was pushing back the light coming from the windows. It was oppressive, and appeared to be fighting against the light, trying to engulf the appartment with darkness. If anyone's seen something like this, you know what I mean, and if you can describe it better, please do.

I start thinking this is pretty screwed up. Doing that Christian thing, I start to pray. Very quietly, because my friend is still sleeping about 5 feet behind me, I pray. I don't remember what it was I was praying for, it was one of those emergency tight spot prayers where the Holy Spirit seems to take over for you in what you pray.

After a while, the darkness seemed to be pushed back. It was still there, though. Despite the light coming from the windows (it's about 4 AM now, but this is Chicago, there's always light and we're right next to the El), there is just inky blackness back by the bathroom.

At this point, I'm pretty riled up and know there is no chance I'm getting to sleep again. I lay back and start reading my Bible (one of them green New Testaments w/ proverbs and psalms which fits in your back pocket), waiting for morning to come.

Then I get this wierd chill. It just rippled across my skin, and wouldn't go away from my back. I'm sure you've all experienced a chill. This was the same feeling, except my back continued to tingle/feel cold like that for at least an hour. But then, we haven't gotten there yet
As the chill seemed to settle and didn't plan on leaving any time soon, I look up from the Bible I'm reading (the ambient light from the window was more than enough to make out the words) towards where the darkness was.

I can now see the laundry pile sitting in the corner by the bathroom again, but on the left side there was still a shadow. If I didn't look at it directly, but instead looked forward, I was able to make out what it was. Yet, if I would look directly at it, it appeared to just be a misplaced shadow. What was there was 3 distinct bodies. One of them, which was standing in front of the other two, was really beefy and I could kind of make out a face. The other two were more lithe and I couldn't make out any distinctive features. The three of them were just standing there, with the beefy faced one grinning right at me. Let me tell ya, when I saw that, the chill spread from my back to the rest of me. I was also getting cold! I had a comforter up around my neck already, but I sat back up looking around for another blanket. I saw my leather coat and put that back on, grabbed the comforter and wrapped it around myself, propped my back up against the wall and turned to where I could be facing them.

Then I started to pray for longer than I think I ever have before, and with more fervor. Flipping through the Bible, praying quietly verbally, but screaming it out in my mind, I prayed for a couple of hours. That was a wierd experience, too. I was just going and going, and suddenly a feeling of peace came over me. It almost felt like someone had put their arm around my shoulder and said, "it's ok, you can go to bed now." I looked over to where the three figures had been, and all I saw was the pre-dawn sunlight sreaming in lighting it as it should light it.

Since then, I've had offers after late nights in the city to crash over there, but have turned them all down. That was just bizzare.

I've never seen anything like like that before, and haven't since. The only other time I've actually seen, visually, something not...right, was the other experience in Michigan, and that was more looking at a person and seeing two different faces.

But hey, the power of the light, of Christ, triumphed again!

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
In actual fact, demon's in their own bodies don't exist, they prefer to influence people thoughts by playing host to a bodies for a short duration of time, and then passing to another host. It's common knowledge for them to enter via sleep, so if probable the demon was just messing with you. They can't however stay long in a blessed person, it's drains them, so keep near the light.

No way should you worry about it, half the time the visitations lasts no longer then a few seconds to a couple of minutes, ask your self have you ever forgotton what you were doing only a short while ago.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Why didn't you get up and turn on a light? Or was it just fear that made you stay still?

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by tacho
Why didn't you get up and turn on a light? Or was it just fear that made you stay still?

I'm guessing that's directed towards me. In all honesty, it never occured to me. The rest of the appartment was pretty well lit because of the city lights. I had a tough time falling asleep and ended up going to bed with my pillow to keep the light out (I like to sleep in complete darkness
).

Also, the fear didn't really hit until I was driving to work that morning and it dawned on me what had happened. While it was happening, there was definately fear, but that was completely supersceeded by...Well, I can only describe it as a call to arms. I'm not really sure how to express what I was feeling. It was almost like a challenge. When it was just the darkness, I was really freaked out, and that was it. No call to arms or anything like that, just fear. As soon as I saw the distinct person-like shadows, ... It's really hard to explain
The feeling I had was one of a mocking challenge. Like that schoolyard bully standing over you after he just pushed you down, laughing at you and saying, "what are you gonna do about it? huh?" That kind of thing in school usually ended with me jumping up and fighting the bully, and it hadn't changed here.

Besides, I probably would have krumped myself if I had turned on the light and that black mass remained. As to the shadow-folks, I would prefer to be able to see them rather than not when they're still there.

But in all honesty, it never dawned on me to turn on the light.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
external image

You are so right and funny.

I was just looking at the post in this thread. Paperclip has been a member a long time. I never noticed, also there are alot of banned members in the is thread.

To answer the question, Everyday.

posted on Jun, 15 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Sounds like you had enough light.

I've only had a couple quick experiences with shadows. One was right behind my bedroom door. Shut the door and turned off the light and saw it - scared me bad. Flipped the light on and wala - it was gone.

The other time the shadow thing was between me and the light switch. Just waited for it to go away.

This was a long time ago.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I sat up as a reaction after lying down for a while to go to sleep. I think I know where Jake is coming from. I only knew a few things. 1.) Something came into the room and 2.) it was not good. I looked around, saw nothing, but it was still there. I looked in the hallway and saw the red-light from the smoke detector, but it was in the wrong spot (about 3 feet to the left and usually not visible from where I lay down). I got up and went to the hall and it was back where it belonged. Figured it was my head on all accounts. Maybe I had too much to eat. I went downstairs and watched C-Span for about an hour and a half and went back to bed.

My sig. other has witnessed them skittering around the room now and then. It confuses me because there's not really anyone in the house they can get a hold of anymore. I think they do it for kicks or as a reminder. Kinda the bully effect as Jake said. Glad I'm already protected, there was a time when I wasn't.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 16-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Oy, this is the problem with getting friends, family and coworkers to come to this site. How to relate this without getting in trouble with the homefront...

A while back (the weekend I broke my hand) there were some folks I may or may not be related to who were staying at my parents' house. They really enjoy conflict, and try to get a rise out of myself or my father (both of whom are conservative Christians (they're self described liberal pagans which is why I included the political affiliation, though it has no bearing on the faith)) in various ways from the moment they walk in until the time they leave. Things like leaving bumperstickers around with phrases like, "God, save me from your followers" and the like. You know, to try to anger and upset the people who opened their homes to you. Normal behavior, no?
Besides the passive agressive actions, there's also some rather aggressive actions. For instance, one of them needed a car and borrowed one from an aunt of mine who had an anti-abortion bumpersticker on her car. Naturally, this person who just was just given the ability to do what she needed to do with someone else's car ripped off the bumpersticker, wadded it up, and set it on the driver seat when she was done using the car.

The worst part, though, is how they deal with the reaction. My aunt freaked when she found her bumpersticker torn off, believe it or not. Somehow, and I have no idea how, they turned a few people against her, there was a huge arguement and when the dust cleared, they were no where to be found -- they'd left to let the fight take place. Pick a fight between two people and disappear.

That's the norm, but the last time they were over it was a heck of a lot worse. To give an idea, what I mentioned before is sober behavior. The weekend they were over, sobriety was not on the menu, really for anyone, myself included.

Long story short, they left under less than warm circumstances. Shortly thereafter, though, people started seeing something in the house. I never saw it, but my dad and an aunt of mine described it in detail. It was this flighty black winged thing which would flit around the house. My dad said it would just slip in, seem to laugh and mock in a really prideful way, then disappear. Many people saw it, and it stuck around for about 2 or 3 months. My dad was combatting it in every way he could muster (he knows quite a bit about spiritual warfare) to no avail.

He then did something, and it went away. It hasn't been around since. Score two for Christ
(just as far as my stories go on this thread. The true score, I would expect, is quite a bit higher).

This also isn't the first time that had happened. Before I was born my parents had them over and they left something much worse behind.

posted on Jun, 16 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
You would think that with all the believing in Jesus, and all the ballyhoo of following his word; being good Christians and interpreting his word as was intended, that demonic figures would stay the hell away ( pun intended) from said Christians, yet said demons just seem to love to follow them around. While here I am, someone whom I am sure is considered blasphemous and as anti-Christ as they come, never have encountered these dark forces.

It can only be concluded then that 1) Demons follow those who support them, inadvertently or otherwise; 2) It can be accredited to pschosomatic illness. 3) There is no third rationale.

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween
You would think that with all the believing in Jesus, and all the ballyhoo of following his word; being good Christians and interpreting his word as was intended, that demonic figures would stay the hell away ( pun intended) from said Christians, yet said demons just seem to love to follow them around. While here I am, someone whom I am sure is considered blasphemous and as anti-Christ as they come, never have encountered these dark forces.

If you were waging a war against another group, who would you focus your efforts on, the people who follow you, or those who work against you?

posted on Jun, 17 2005 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Agreed junglejake,the closer one gets to God the more Satan will focus his attention on you,or want you.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake

Originally posted by SomewhereinBetween

If you were waging a war against another group, who would you focus your efforts on, the people who follow you, or those who work against you?
As for Satan, according to Christian belief, he is not an idiot, and since Christianity is not impervious to idiocy, where the latter idiots seem to hold to the belief that Satan's days are numbered according to prophecy, it stands to reason that no number of Christian converts to his cause will help him win the war, since if he is expected to outsmart you mere mortals, he woudl be well acquainted with your doctrine.

The point that you try to make then is superfluous, and just another mindless excuse for a fantasy fight against some mythical figure.

posted on Jun, 19 2005 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I AM a demon.

As a sidenote as to how backwards this belief in Satan and possession is, consider the following story:

Romanian priest unrepentant after crucifixion of nun

TANACU, ROMANIA

June 18: A Romanian Orthodox priest who ordered the crucifixion of a young nun because she was "possessed by the devil" and now faces murder charges was unrepentant Saturday after he celebrated a funeral mass.

"God has performed a miracle for her, finally Irina is delivered from evil," Father Daniel, 29, the superior of the Holy Trinity monastery in northeastern Romania, told an AFP reporter.

He insisted that from the religious point of view, the crucifixion of Maricica Irina Cornici, 23, was "entirely justified," but admitted that he faced excommunication as well as prosecution, and was seeking a "good lawyer."

Cornici was found dead on Wednesday, gagged and chained to a cross after fellow nuns called an ambulance, according to police, who said she had entered the monastery just three months before, after visiting a friend who was a nun there.

Mihaela Straub, spokeswoman for the police in the province of Vaslui, said Daniel and four other nuns had claimed she was possessed and should be exorcised. Before being crucified she had been kept shut up for several days, her hands and feet tied and without food or drink. Vitalie Danciu, the superior of a nearby monastery at Golia, called the crucifixion "inexcusable," but a spokesman for the Orthodox patriarchate in Bucharest refused to condemn it.

"I don't know what this young woman did," Bogdan Teleanu said

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Simon666
I AM a demon.

As a sidenote as to how backwards this belief in Satan and possession is,

If you WERE a demon, you'd know who you serve.

consider the following story:

The story is sick. I'm glad no true Christians enacted the heinous crime. I wonder what part of "you shall not kill" this "church leader" did not understand. Reflect to the New Testament and Jesus saying to love your neighbor and love your enemies. In fact, Jesus lays out exorcisms as well and it's not by butchering anyone. Jesus died for our sins FOR us, not with us.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by saint4God]

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God
If you WERE a demon, you'd know who you serve.

I serve he who has many names, Lucifer, Satan, Baal, Beelzebub, Bush, ... Hmmm, many names starting with a B upon consideration...

The story is sick. I'm glad no true Christians enacted the heinous crime. I wonder what part of "you shall not kill" this "church leader" did not understand. Reflect to the New Testament and Jesus saying to love your neighbor and love your enemies. In fact, Jesus lays out exorcisms as well and it's not by butchering anyone. Jesus died for our sins FOR us, not with us.

The Bible does instruct to kill on many places, including giving an order to kill witches. Claiming that the bible says "you shall not kill" is selective use of bible verses.

posted on Jun, 20 2005 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I serve he who has many names, Lucifer, Satan, Baal, Beelzebub, Bush, ... Hmmm, many names starting with a B upon consideration...

Nice try throwing that last one in there
. I agree and disagree with what the president decisions in a case-by-case review, but he's a far cry from the other names you'd mentioned.

The Bible does instruct to kill on many places, including giving an order to kill witches. Claiming that the bible says "you shall not kill" is selective use of bible verses.

Yes, God gives the orders. If he says "you shall not kill" then that's the law unless he tells us specifically otherwise. What's the deal with Old Testament killings? Well, if you read them, you can see it involves clearing out invaders into the land. You can see where mankind took these kinds of things into their own hands and the punishments that followed. Hence the need for Jesus to come and redirect.

Pray, train, study,
God bless.

[edit on 20-6-2005 by saint4God]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join