It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It looks like pot, but it's not.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Seized protein plants mistaken for pot

GULFPORT, Mississippi (AP) -- Narcotics officers thought they had made a big bust when they seized 500 suspicious plants from Marion Waltman.

Authorities say the plants looked like marijuana, but they turned out to be protein plants used to bulk up deer.

www.cnn.com...

But it looked good enough to fool the cops. I wonder what he's gonna feed his deer now?

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
What's even more funny is, matured pot plants can have more than five leaves! They're not even right about that!

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Isnt it POD?

Just wondering, i could be wrong also..

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Pod?
Pot is a slang for marijuanna, if Pod was some sort of joke, I failed to see it. Ah well

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
Pod?
Pot is a slang for marijuanna, if Pod was some sort of joke, I failed to see it. Ah well

P.O.D. -> Paid on delivery..

..Nevermind..

It really wasnt a joke, i really thought that "POT" was typed "POD".. but it really is "POT"..

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:08 AM
link   
He could feed his deer "Kansas ditch weed". It can't get you high and looks just like weed.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
He could feed his deer "Kansas ditch weed". It can't get you high and looks just like weed.

I find that funny, I had a friend when I was mmm, 12 or 13 I would say and he was from Kansas, he said pot grew wild there, and was all over. Being young and naive, and since he was my friend I believed him. Hadn't given it any though for 9 years until today lol

Wonder if thats what he thought was weed growing all over :p

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:20 AM
link   
If your mates a stoner hes gonna be mightily dissapointed!

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by DeltaNine]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I duno if he is a stoner now, this was a long time ago and he moved down here.

Lol it'd be funny to see someone smoke that stuff

-lys

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I now understand exactly how reindeer fly!!!

Santa simply gave them the wrong leaves once!!!

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
What's even more funny is, matured pot plants can have more than five leaves! They're not even right about that!

damn right some of mine have 9 leaves on them

you can also get some australian bastard cannabis and it looks nothing like pot at all, u could grow it all over n the pigs wouldn't touch it hahaha, it looks like a lil bush not a pot plant, and they are the heartiest strain, they can survive moderate to heavy frosting!

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
lol this is where everyones admits they r a stoner. www.overgrow.com a nice little forum site.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
overgrow is decent but u can't learn what experience will teach
anyone know how to grow and get like 4 ounces per plant with flourescent lightbulbs?? they dun teach that on overgrow

[Edited on 15-9-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I now understand exactly how reindeer fly!!!

Santa simply gave them the wrong leaves once!!!

hehehe, # Rudolf the red-eyed reindeer... #

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic

Originally posted by groingrinder

I find that funny, I had a friend when I was mmm, 12 or 13 I would say and he was from Kansas, he said pot grew wild there, and was all over. Being young and naive, and since he was my friend I believed him. Hadn't given it any though for 9 years until today lol

Wonder if thats what he thought was weed growing all over :p

There is also an equally useless variety of "Nebraska ditch weed".

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Hehe, my friend is growing a nice little plant at home. it�s terribly hard to get it to grow properly without the right equipment here in Norway though... but it has grown a bit and is recognizable and kind of cute. Mostly for dun though... as its hard to get it any big

The Norwegian Police Intelligence agency was actually called POT (Politiets Overv�knings Tjeneste - The Police Surveillance Service) until recent years, hehe. Now they wont admit they are doing surveillance, so they changed their name to PST (Politiets Sikkerhets Tjeneste - The Police Security Service). I also think the fact that they didn�t want to be associated with drugs also was a reason for the name change... or maybe they used the whole pot excuse to change to a more innocent name without raising any questions.

posted on Sep, 19 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
oh my god banjo. you cant get 4 ounces a plant from growing under flourescent lights. you want some real quantity, use a high pressure sodium or metal hallide. people use flourescents for seedlings cause they dont have the same heat output that may damage their growth. HPS and MH will get you the goods, especially HPS cause it does such a good job of mimicing the suns spectrum.

my brother and i had a farm of about 9 plants at one time. we were stupid tho and didnt destroy the males so we ended up with a bunch of hermaphrodites. anyways, some of them had 11 leaflettes per leaf at the bottom, pretty, giant fans. tasted good with soup.

this article just gows to show you how dumb the war on drugs is. i mean, look at this. even when something is suspected of being pot they tear it up. how many mississippi state funds did they waste taking those inmates out there? possibility of escape? what if it had been pot and inmates filled their pockets with the less potent but still potent enough leaves? what a joke. and what a bunch of hypocrits, mississippi is the state where the federal government established its farm for research on the effectives of the plant. i think everyone knows what G-13 is, if youve seen American Beauty youll know that its the sticky icky. its ok for the feds to have a farm but the average guy, heck no. hypocrits...

top topics

join