It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stolen plane found in GA... 9/11 hijacker link

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I just came home on lunch and there are 2 sound bites on CNN. Seems that there is a continuation of the IED at the GA tehc dorm and another event I think is quite odd....

1. Currently they are disarming IED's in another neighborhood close to GA tech, unlike the ones found yesterday, different area

2. A plane was stolen from an airfield in FL, and flown into Atlanta GA yesterday/today, no more information

www.breitbart.com...

Text
Crime scene technicians have investigated the interior of the plane, and Moloney said there is no evidence that there were weapons or drugs on it.

"We've ruled out anything diabolical or sinister," he said. "We didn't find anything threatening on the plane."

The FBI is also investigating although the theft does not appear to be linked to terrorism, said Lisa Ray, spokeswoman at the Georgia Office of Homeland Security.

Diabolical or sinister, and why so quick to rule out terrorism.....

another weird coincidence??? The shot they had on TV showed a small passenger plane, . I am not sure if airline theft is common, but this is alot of coincidence.

Seemsthat you are able to land at this airport at night, with no one in the tower, and can let yourself out. Wouldn;t you think there would be a camera somewhere???

The only reason I add the 9/11 hijack link is they would know hte security of the airfield, prior knowledge

Mod Edit: Slight Title Tweak.

[edit on 12/10/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I think you are spot on. i've been looking into a possible connection on this this morning. I have contacted some one in Florida and asked if they could look into this on their side.

This airport in Lawrenceville is where 2 of the 9/11 hijackers went to flight school. It's just 30 miles from Atlanta. The plane was stolen on Saturday and flown into Lawrenceville under cloak of darkness and apparently under the radar. no flight plan and authorities say it has to be some one very familiar with the area and the airport.

Then there's the unanswerable question of why the FBI JFFT explosives team with dogs showed up so quickly after the plane was discovered yesterday. Now the reports state the dogs didn't find anything, but there is a problem in accepting this at face value. TATP can go unrecognized by explosive-sniffing dogs unless they are trained in detecting the acetone. Also, one of the "advantages" of going with TATP is you can transport the components (hydrogen peroxide and acetone) in their unopened, original containers and then mix when you get closer to your final destination. So there's the possibility this happned and there was nothing for the dogs to pick up.

As an official stated in an article I just read on this..."you don't usually find a stolen airplane at a public airport"....

yeah, you don't usually.

This is weird, and I think there may be a connection.

[edit on 10-11-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:24 PM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Hopefully this is what occured.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 03:55 PM
link   
According to the news reports that I have on this, the guy and some of his friends just took the plane out for a joy-ride.
I have a thread on this here
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Where was all the security at both airfields as well why was there no alerts when the plane with no flight plan filed crossed through the airtraffic controllers sceens?
I think there has to be more to this story than what has been released so far. I am upset that this could have happened after the US spending billions of dollars since 9/11 securing the US airspace.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I thought the airport was uncontrolled at the time, meaning there was basically nobody there. They also disabled the flight data recorder so that their path could not be traced.

They knew what they were doing and it is not a simple plane to fly.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
I thought the airport was uncontrolled at the time, meaning there was basically nobody there. They also disabled the flight data recorder so that their path could not be traced.

They knew what they were doing and it is not a simple plane to fly.

Disabling the transponder would not prevent them from being spotted by the radars of the airtraffic controllers. Also by disabling the transponder would have / should have had everyone scrambling at the control towers. It has in the past when such aircraft "volated" airspace over / near DC.

[edit on 12-10-2005 by kenshiro2012]

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Police have just arrested a young white male, and that he brought 5 passengers with him.
So far, nobody knows if the passengers paid for the trip.
Him and his dad were/are pilots who used briscoe field..
Guess, time will tell

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I really dont know what happened, I just gave a short description of what I heard on the news. They could not provide much more info.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That is what I am saying Dulcimer.
There is alot of information that we do not have (as yet) that the news hounds are not asking yet.
For this to have happened today after all the moeny that has been thrown at securing the skies over the US, is extremely scary as well as disheartening.
The aircraft was a Cessna Citation VII which has a cargo space of 57 cubic feet. That is more than enough space to cram such things as ammonium nitrate (shades of Timothy McVeigh) or any other readily available explosive.
For this aircraft to have been stolen and flown 350 miles without someone noticing is something that definately needs to be looked into!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There was a time, not to long ago, when something like this had one explanation:

Drugs.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Perps name is Daniel Wolcott, aged 22 and has been charged with airplane theft.He is a commercial pilot, but not a certified for jets.

One felony count of theft by receiving
That is the latest from local news.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
Disabling the transponder would not prevent them from being spotted by the radars of the airtraffic controllers. Also by disabling the transponder would have / should have had everyone scrambling at the control towers. It has in the past when such aircraft "volated" airspace over / near DC.
[edit on 12-10-2005 by kenshiro2012]

Many General Aviation aircraft do not have transponders. They are only required on commercial aircraft. As far as a skin paint causing a scramble that would only happen in controlled or restricted airspace. The airspace around Washington DC is restricted hence the scrambling of interceptor aircraft. One thing needs to be considered is that a Citation V would probably have a GPS autopilot. Load that thing up with explosives, program the autopilot, takeoff and bail out, instant poor man's cruise missile.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They took a plane for a joy ride (crazy kids!!!) and another kid blew himself up outside a stadium full of people (oh those crazy kids!!!) and then there were the 'copycats' with IED's in Atlanta, and in Midvale near a UCLA campus (each was 3 seperate explosives in courtyards) this past week. How about the other kid a few motnhs back in OK caught trying to bring a pipe bomb on a plane he forgot about.

What a crazy wacky world we live in. If this was drugs, they would have released that because it would close the case. Too many yound kids doing strange things.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The only reason I add the 9/11 hijack link is they would know the security of the airfield, prior knowledge

Two of the 9-11 hijackers went to flight school there.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   
The transponder and the flight recorder are two entirely different things. A transponder is required when flying in busier airspaces (usually around large cities). A pilot does not legally need to file a flight plan unless the flight is: 1) a commercial flight, or 2) flying in the 'flight levels' (i.e., > 17,999ft), or 3) flying in 'IFR' (instrument) weather conditions. If the pilot had priviliges at the departure airport then he was legally ok to be on the field. Clearly he's an idiot and didn't want to be a pilot anymore. I'd love to fly a jet but I'm not going to permamnently forfeit my pilot's license to do it.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:22 AM
link   
What IEDs in Georgia???

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...'

This is about the IED in GA, and the next day on CNN I saw another small piece (20 seconds tops) about the local police bomb unit on site ina another heighborhood. There was a janitor injured in this case.

Also the IED's found on a MIdvale apt complex in CA, where there was an explosion, and then bomb units were called in.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 03:17 PM
link   
www.ajc.com...

This states that there is no one of interest....

Gwinnett County police and FBI continued their investigation Tuesday, a day after airport employees found the jet. The crime solving appeared to be progressing slowly. A news report that Gwinnett police had identified a "person of interest" was unfounded, Gwinnett police spokesman Darren Moloney said.

and in another article it states they have him and gives a little more info

www.11alive.com...

According to Gwinnett police, Wolcott stole the charter jet sometime after it landed at the St. Augustine Airport last Saturday afternoon. He flew after nightfall and, apparently, under radar to Gwinnett, where he picked up five friends, police said.

Wolcott then flew his friends to Winder, Ga., in Barrow County, before heading back to land the plane at Briscoe Field in Lawrenceville, according to investigators. The aircraft was found abandoned Monday – about 400 miles from St. Augustine Airport.

This means he made more than one stop, that is not a joyride, that is a plan. This is getting weirder and weirder, I wonder how long before they seal it like OK.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Seems this Wolcott is a real perp.
He stole a plane from Georgia, run into some birds and crashed it in Alabama.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 07:06 PM
link   
One thing I pointed out in the other thread that is on this topic is this.

The AOA ( aircraft operating area) for the comercial aircraft, prop or jet, is very much a differant area then the private side of any airport.

I have to have no less then 3 ID badges(comapny badge, SIDA, and ramp access) to get onto the ramp so that I can work the commercial aircraft. There are secruity cameras and biometric locks that require my finger print to even open doors to the ramp.

A private pilot lands parks his aircraft at a private ramp that he pays a fee. He walks to the "jet center" ( what its called at my airport) pays his fees and walks out..nothing more nothing less..he returns and walks back to his aircraft..there is no secruity check or screening by TSA.

Secruity is tight around the commercial aspect of the airport..but TSA or any local PD does not have the resources to screen all of the thousands apon thousands of private flights..

TSA can barly keep up at my airport...They cause us many many delays..But dont get me going on them..

Coho

PS before any one says well that is your airport..My wife commutes to DEN from Southern oregon to work as a gate agent for the same company I work for. And the secruity there is even more insane than at my place.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join