It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terror act on campus in Georgia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:01 PM
link   
www.11alive.com...
[
quote]

"It is a terrorist act at this point and depending on the outcome of the investigation it potentially could become a federal violation as well," said Major C.W. Moss of the Atlanta Police Department.

There has been a terror attack on the campus with 3 bombs found. At least one has been injured in one blast.

The explosives were made up of chemicals placed inside plastic bottles and could have seriously injured someone, officials said. Numerous agencies were on the Georgia Tech campus to search for suspects.

This is the same as Oklahoma, this is very scary.....

1) college campus
2) explosives with bottles

[edit on 10-10-2005 by esdad71]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   
can you say fear mongering? I can and I did lol.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   
But these are actual attacks, we don't hear about the ones that get stopped, or only threatened, or are fakes by whoever. I know they happen on one of my local campuses...

Typically you will see security or police searching the buildings inside and out, dogs to sniff with, and helicopters to check the tops of the buildings.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:21 PM
link   
What makes it a 'terrorist act' exactly? What's the difference between a kid planting a few bottle rockets and a 'terrorist act'? It seems the fact that someone made some kind of explosives and planted them on a campus is against the law and reason enough to investigate and bring the perp to justice.

But why bring in the word 'terrorist'? Are we supposed to assume some Eye-racki did it? Or an Arab, perhaps? That' just bugs me.

I'm not saying it wasn't an act of terror, but they could just as easily have reported it as an incident of criminal activity. But 'Terrorism' is the hyped-up word that gets everyone's fear and hatred going good!

Edit: The word 'attack' does not appear in the article. Why does it appear in the title here? Just wondering.

What makes this a 'Terror Attack' ?

[edit on 10-10-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:33 PM
link   
That's nice, it is called reporting news. If in all your infintie wisdom feel that you can add something that is constructive, please do. I think this is a little to much of a coincidence so soon after the media blackout of the incident in Oklahoma.

If this truns out to be a prank, so be it, but if the police release that it is a terror act, I do not see fear mongering.

I also changed the title to terror act, not attack, like the article.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
esdad71 - I just wanted to clarify that my points and anger aren't directed at you at all. It's the prevalent mindset of 'terror' in our country that I am frustrated about. Sorry if there was any confusion about that.

Yes, it's news and should be reported, I agree.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
If this truns out to be a prank, so be it, but if the police release that it is a terror act, I do not see fear mongering.

Law enforcement is going to use the "terrorist" buzz word every chance they can now because when it comes time to apply for fedral funds or grants; "prank" supression gets little attention.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Local police do not ever want the Feds involved, because they come in and take over the show. I have never heard of a police force using the word 'terror act' to get funding either.

The last thing the police would want to do is release a link to terror in fear of reprecussions that may follow or race/hate crime against individuals. It is also a very large accusation to make. This is not fireworks folks, these are homemade explosives, and not just one either, but multiples.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
www.dailybruin.ucla.edu...

There is now information about a UCLA Midvale, happened around the same time as Georgia.

posted on Oct, 10 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
www.dailybruin.ucla.edu...

There is now information about a UCLA Midvale, happened around the same time as Georgia.

Nice detective work esdad71. There's certainly more going on than your average campus cop would discern on response.

I can't speak to any of the others, but Tech has a very disproportionate ratio of evil geniuses to good ol' boy campus police.

I think the Legion of Doom actually meets at Rocky Mountain Pizza near Security.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   
in my opinion this was not anything related to terrorism....

if one looks back in history every terrorist related was out in the open and made public, the terrorists wanted people to know they were the ones doing it.

this seems to me to be only some disgruntled chemistry student that didnt like the score they got on a exam or lab procedure and had an axe to grind.

but that is only my opinion

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I just came homeon lunch and there are 2 sound bites on CNN.

1. Currently they are disarming IED's in another neighborhood close to GA tech.

2. A plane was stolen from an airfield in FL, and flown into Atlanta GA yesterday/today, no more information

www.mercurynews.com...

Why would they say 'no connection to terrorism', there should be no need too...

Sounds like maybe they have found the home of the GA suspects, and what about the plane? another wierd coincidence???

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ray had no comment on whether this latest incident raised larger questions of security at the airport, which is the fifth-busiest in Georgia. Two of the Sept. 11 hijackers, Mohamed Atta and Marwan al-Shehhi, trained there for a time

This is a quote from the article. This is where 2 of the 9/11 hijackers trained and now a plane shows up and there are IED reports around the nation. 4 days till vote in Iraq, and Ramadan has started. This could be the beginning of something larger.

posted on Oct, 14 2005 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
I think the Legion of Doom actually meets at Rocky Mountain Pizza near Security.

Dam, so thats why the giant skull shaped building that I go to is allways empty.

new topics

top topics

join