It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really survive death?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Im almost positive we go to heaven, at least thats what i believe!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Yes I believe their is life after death and as to after that I believe faith will be the determining factor in where or what type of afterlife you may have...if that makes any sense.

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Coupla things. First a question, then a story. My question goes along these lines. Why am I me? Why am I not someone else? Who decided that I would be me (and I don't mean my parents)? Seriously!!! We all have self-awareness, but to be aware of the self, there must first be self. Where did that come from? The answer that our bodies are a shell, and that our spirits are contained in them would seem to answer that question no? Or perhaps the nature of our being is multi-dimensional, and therefore we can't quite understand it? Doesn't that seem like an obvious question though?

I have a little story about this. I was listening to Art Bell one time, and was blown away by a story this lady called in about. She had some sort of accident (it has been a while, so some of the details escape me, sorry) and was mortally injured. Anyway, she described the whole scenario of death that we have all heard before. The bright light, and the loving and warm place with unimaginable light. That was pretty fascinating, but she went a bit further. She was talking about how the loving and warm place she was in, was sorta like a room (I am paraphrasing because she described it a LOT better). She said that she was able to leave that room and return to it whenever she wanted, so she left. She saw some other rooms, the first of which was one that most of us would describe as hell. Hot, and a bunch of people torturing other people, etc etc. It looked like hell. She saw another room where there were people walking in a straight line (and doing something else too, but I don't rememebr what). These people just walked for eternity, and that was all they did. There was one other example she gave as well that I forgot, but her general impression of the place was the everyone, without exception had a choice of where they could be. So why wasn't everyone in the warm happy place she was in at first? She said that they didn't know that they could. They didn't know they didn't have to be there! She said that their after-life reality was a reflection of how they percieved their life. Her point was that in a sense we choose our afterlife by how we live our life. There are people who go around and live in a hell of their own making, and don't take steps to change their life. In fact they make decisions that make their life worse. They never quite learn that they have the ability to make their life what they want it to be, through action, and perception. Her account, whether true or false was rather powerful to me personally. If you don't like the life you have built for yourself (which has happened to me) change it, or change the way you perceive it. Your afterlife may depend on it!

Originally posted by MarkosOrrealus
When you die. You die. Your dead and you don't know your dead. You just cease to exist. You are forever sleeping. That's it. Game over. I think its easier for people to believe that there is more to this pitiful little existence but there isn't. It is what it is and no more.

If there was a heaven then where were we before we were here and before that? And if that's so then how come we need to be here? I mean why not just let us exist in the seamy other world? I just don't get why you cant just see it for what it is and that's dead.
Cheers!!

Mark

posted on Oct, 4 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Postings,

you decided much of your life before you came here.
this was done in annother place and you needed to learn certain things to advance yourself, your soul evolution.

we live many lifetimes and then we ascend. I'm guessing that the average soul lives at least 1000 lives on this earth.

we were designed to remember our past lives and to progress faster. But our DNA has been corrupted by lizards so that they could control us and use us for energy purposes.

it is a lot like the Matrix movie but the machines are lizard beings and the use machines (the gray aliens) to interact with us. The fake reality is the reality that we live in which is real to us as we experience it but of course is only one narrow slice of all existance.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
It would be cool if you could return back to this life knowing what you know when you die. I wonder if that is the reason there are some child geniuses?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:48 AM
link   
No, being a genius has nothing to do with what you know. That's a big misconception.

Being a genius has to do with how good you are at coming with new ideas, being intuitive, solving problems, abstract thinking etc...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I believe there is an afterlife here is link to a web site about near death experience. www.near-death.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:17 AM
link   
KillerD, when it comes to these subjects, not much people are denying ignorance. I've posted that site numerous times here.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I thought to be genius, all you had to do was have an IQ above 140 which would take a considerable amount of knowledge. If you don't know something you wont understand the question right?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Life after death is proven at Lily Dale, NY

The worlds largest center for the religion of spiritualism.

Over 30 mediums on call.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I died once. I came back to life. I don't believe in an afterlife though. I think we become worm food.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
140 eh ?... humm
I scored 142 last time ...the amazing thing is
as a child I drowned was DOA and sustained brain damage the doctors said i would be vegetative if I revived ........I was after abt 15 minutes .. my story has been on a tv show in the 80s based on that experience Id have to say
YES !!!
Q? what part of us leaves the body at death ?
A..... the bioelectrical energy [soul]
I think the cannot be created or destroyed idea is
still correct.............

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
If there isn't something after this then I sure will feel stupid for wasting so much time listening to crazy people rant about anchient batterys and giant rocks and what not... Oh well you win some you loose some...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
I thought to be genius, all you had to do was have an IQ above 140 which would take a considerable amount of knowledge. If you don't know something you wont understand the question right?

Believe me, IQ doesn't have much to do with knowledge at all.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
I died once. I came back to life. I don't believe in an afterlife though. I think we become worm food.

It still is nothing more than a belief...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Here is a question: Is a tree self-aware? Silly question, I know, but I am going somewhere. The next thought should be that we are more advanced than a tree, and therefore we would be self-aware. But who chose that I would be me to begin with? Before someone answers that we all have a soul (which I agree with) how did the soul gain the awareness to choose? Where did that awareness come from? In other words, at what point was it decided that I was NOT to live your life, and you were not to live mine? What you are suggesting is that when we die, there is nothingness. But that assumes that the only thing to us is the human body, but there HAS to be more to us than that. How else can you explain the fact that you are you, and I am me. Does that make sense?

-P

Originally posted by e-nonymous
I wish people could just accept the fact that we die ... Does and ant goto heaven? Does an ant care? What about a tree? When you die, you die ...

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Is there life after death? It reall depends on who you are I suppose. If you think there is life after death, or want there to be, then believe it whole-heartedly, for it is true. If it actually turns out to be true, then congrats, you one. If not, hey, your dead, you won't realize it.

OR

Maybe death is a prolonged sleep-type thing, and your afterlife is really a very realistic dream your sub-conscious is providing your body, which your body accepts because it has no other place to recieve information from.

posted on Nov, 4 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
"We" don't die. Even eternal death is not 'death/ceasing to live'. The flesh dies, yes. But "we" do not die.
Think of a catapilar turning to a butterfly. Some might say that because the catipillare is no longer here it is dead. Not so. The catapillar is very much alive - just happens to be in the form of a butterfly now.

Where do we go after the flesh dies? The bible doesn't say exactly, so this is only oppinion from gathered info. But it seems to be a choice made to linger here or go to another 'out of reach' place while waiting for that final call home.

posted on Nov, 5 2003 @ 10:34 AM
link   
This topic is a nervous one,,,I personally think we become worm food,,,but I have always toyed with the idea of that we are beings of light bound to this planet by flesh(Kind of like what Yoda was saying in Empire) Maybe we transcend to a higher plain/dimensu=ion or planet!! But I don't have a theories on that to support it. I do know what i see,,,,worm food!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I know that the soul survives death. It is not just a belief. My husband(s) and I did.
Long story short....I was a female Grey who died and walked into this body. I had 3 husbands. They also walked into 3 men's bodies.
:
In this lifetime, my "real" human husband walked into another man's body, in order to help me move across the U.S.
It is rather complicated, but it did happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join