It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we really survive death?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lilith
I think about this a fair bit though try not to - it makes me to anxious and paranoid.
But basically i see it as a no win situation (not that i want to !). The thought of an afterlife seems to me to suggest that we go on forever. If life is eternal then at some point it has to become tedious, and the thought of looking forwards and never seeing and end will not settle right in my head (just as it can't comprehend that space goes on forever). But the thought of not existing,
not feeling,thinking, being also scares me. I can't imagine it, it seems so surreal.

But if life goes through eternal cycles who knows who or what you will be in the future, something so radically different to the being you are today that the question of tedium becomes redundent. Each new existence may be like a new awakening with the past a barely remembered dream if even that. You might not get the chance to become bored, although IMO this life on it's own can be pretty tedious!

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Does anyone remeber life before birth? Thought not. That is death. Flesh incarnate form is the leap of faith known as the Abyss and also consider that at present the entire world population by age category is set so that no one can even know if time actually existed as the spacetime we now know because if its a case of all just believeing it pre-existed us then well it did. Movies can make you feel like you're looking into the past even if only recently made. It could all be fantasy. Wait, it is hahaha. I can't wait until people or should I say more people think like the kinds I know. A tree is not a tree? Tree? 4 letters-English language incurred meaning but hey, your eyes don't play the word in your head repeatedly as you see trees. I wish everyone would evolve cause its lonely designing reality without playmates.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I believe that death is ultimate. Afterwards there is nothing. We die like everyother organism on this planet. The only reason we believe we are superior and the most important species is because of our brains ability to store memories and language.

Because I believe death is ultimate, it doesn't mean that I don't think that there is no purpose to my life. It is the job of the Human to give themselves a purpose. My purpose is to learn as much as I can until my time is up.

I couldn't live forever. The thought of my life being eternal scares me
What would you do for the rest of forever?

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I think we live forever and our minds enriched by our physcial life go back to the source.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrEisenhower
I couldn't live forever. The thought of my life being eternal scares me
What would you do for the rest of forever?

Since we don't know what happens at death other than suppose its eternal death or some sort of afterlife, an immortal afterlife is up to interpretation.

It is of my opinion that if there is an afterlife its more akin to each person being in some sort of perpetual dream state where anything desired happens. With an infinite amount of options of things to do with an infinite amount of time to do it in, one could not get bored unless they desired it. Whatever an afterlife would be, it would not be like living since you no longer are in a physical form, so your perceptions, like the sensation of boredom, probably don't even exist, or only exist if you want it to.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I'm trying to figure out why this thread hasn't been moved to "religion/spiritual" forum? *shrugs*

regards
seekerof

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I believe that after a person dies the essence of him/her (soul) transcends into the nexus of time and space. I also think that meditation sheds more light into this concept as many spiritual leaders agree.

Meditation is inner astronomy. You discover the stars, the moon, and the sun are all inside you.

Sure when a person dies his/her body rotts away six feet under, but you also have to think about..
"what am I?, why am I?, what is I?" We still don't even know if we truly have a soul. And we perhaps never will.

I also believe that they way you live your life today determines what happens to you after you die ex) if you commit unlawful crimes and are generally "evil" per say
(Murderers, rapists, ect)
you will not have the choice of returning to the universe.. you will re-incarnate into a harder life, but on the other hand if you life a long and meaningful life and you put others needs before your own you will have the choice of returning to the cosmos or going back and living a greater, even more meaningful life then before.

(Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Princess Diana)

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I believe in reincarnation until you are able to transcend to the next level.

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
As a great soul once said "Energy can not be created or destroyed"

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
memory makes us who we are, we remember our family, love, that makes us personalities, soul has no memory, and that scares me!

here's what i think

when a body dies, brain tries to save body, and remembers every experience is life to save the body(someone said it on this forum, and i think it's clever idea what he said), but when it goes over the limit, the visions are created, then we all know that even when body dies, the brain remains electro signals which takes a while to dissapate, so i think brain again produces images, visions, dead body lives within a brain for sometime, and then accourding to out concience, if we though we were good in life, we go to heaven, if bad we go to hell, it is the brain that decides what it'll be a bad dream or a good dream, also when people say that they felt piece, when they nearly died, is i think because their heart stopped, they wouldn't feel anything anymore, and they felt piece

maybe and probably this theory is stupid, but that's what came to my mind when i read this topic, and i decided to write it

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 12:15 AM
link   
This book,

A Lawyer Presents the Case for the Afterlife
Irrefutable Objective Evidence
-- by Victor Zammit

this website,

Afterlife Knowledge

and this forum,

The Astral Pulse Forum

are great reads if you want to know more about the after life.

The author of the second site, and some of the members of the third site regularly meet the deceased on the other planes of existence. Especially the Astral plane a.k.a. Focus 23, Focus 25, Focus 27 and/or Focus 35...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
When you die. You die. Your dead and you don't know your dead. You just cease to exist. You are forever sleeping. That's it. Game over. I think its easier for people to believe that there is more to this pitiful little existence but there isn't. It is what it is and no more.

If there was a heaven then where were we before we were here and before that? And if that's so then how come we need to be here? I mean why not just let us exist in the seamy other world? I just don't get why you cant just see it for what it is and that's dead.
Cheers!!

Mark

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
MarkosOrrealus, apparently you haven't even seen the post right above yours...

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
He probably has. It's just that some people like to believe that everything is false until proven the opposite.

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 04:44 PM
link   
A recent quote:

"No amount of evidence can convince the brainwashed. It's pointless to even try to show you logic." -Satyr

posted on Sep, 14 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
All I can say is have faith in an afterlife.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
A recent quote:

"No amount of evidence can convince the brainwashed. It's pointless to even try to show you logic." -Satyr

I like that quote.

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yeah nice quote, but it applies to all sides...

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
wHAT GETS ME ...IS THAT SOME DONT BELIEVE THERE IS AFTER LIFE...THAT WE JUST DIE,
BUT BELIEVE IN GHOST ECT.....HUH!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join