It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unleashing Hell: Boeing-Bell Runs Osprey Mosque Attack Ad

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Flame bait? No. Speak my mind? Yes. Sorry I don't buy in to the "sympathy" that most of the board seems to here. Not sure why I even signed up anymore. Eh.

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy

But seriously, why are they even advertising in the first place?

to persuade congressmen and other politicians to continue support for the Osprey and to make them buy more. thats why they made this ad. u think they did dis for fun?

How many people get to make the decision whether to buy the Osprey or not?

Surely a simple press release to this handful of people would have sufficed?

There are so few people with the ability to purchase or not purchase the Osprey, Boeing could have PHONED each one personally, and just told them about it. Maybe invite them by to see it action...

[edit on 13-10-2005 by quango]

posted on Oct, 13 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
I thought the had shelved the Osprey Didnt have some design faults that resulted in the deaths of some Marines? Im not really up on US Aircraft tech, but i hadnt heard anything about the Osprey for an age and at the time there were rumbleings that the Marines or your Congress were going to scrap the program.

Actually, its just recently entered full-rate production. and there even considering a quad rotor design...effectively doubling its size and payload.

and JEZZA, as far as I know, it wont have any weapons at all.

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man
Nope. No reflection on sales. It is being mass produced, with 360 aircraft going to the USMC, 48 to the USN, and 50 to the USAF. The Osprey is coming, providing a brand new flexability to the US military machine.

The osprey is a piece of # that has crashed three times now in testing...

posted on Oct, 19 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The osprey is a piece of # that has crashed three times now in testing...

That's why it's TESTING. Trial and error....fix what needs to be fixed.

Why do you think it's a POS?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:30 PM
link   

As far as the ad, who cares? Insensative? Sure, who cares. This is a military aircraft, not some civilian passanger plane - they don't need to be PC. It is built to go to war. We are at war in the middle east against Islamic extremists who often hide in Mosques. Too bad the US doesn't go into Mosques like that more often - we are far too sensative to political feelings then we should be.

wtf? so you think its ok to just go smashing your way into mosques, furthering the hatred the rest of the world feels towards the us military? ok then.

why the hell do they need to run an ad anyway? its not exactly scary. the public is far more intelligent and de-sensitised than whoever ran that ad gives them credit for.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
I love that ad- saved. New desktop.

Burn the middle east to the ground, nuke it 'till there's nothing but glass left, build a giant store and rename the area WalMartistan.

i have an image in my head that you look like that cartoon store guy from the simpsons. you really are a bit of a disgrace the sane american MAJORITY that didn't vote Bush back in.

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Okay everybody need to just take a chill pill here. If you cannot discuss the topic with a modicum of civility, take a breather from this thread Mmmmmmmkay?

posted on Oct, 26 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by finch
you really are a bit of a disgrace the sane american MAJORITY that didn't vote Bush back in.

hate to be the one to break it to you...but the majority wins...and that was Bush.

I voted for him...are you calling me insane?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
As for the above ad and current mindset of "Kill'em all and let Allah sort them out",
how far does it go before we start seeing something like this?

[edit on 3-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

I would just like to point out that the Peacekeeper was taken out of service by Bush a few years back.

The Minuteman III missle is still in service though.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by finch
wtf? so you think its ok to just go smashing your way into mosques, furthering the hatred the rest of the world feels towards the us military? ok then.

If terrorists and insurgents are hiding in a mosque, YES. Let me tell you something, THEY don't care if they kill me if I am in a particular building, or my country men, so why should I care what building they are in?

Sorry if I DON'T CARE what the rest of the world thinks of my nations military. THEY are not the ones fighting, THEY are the ones playing arm chair general and monday morning quarter back.

If destroying every mosque in the world would save one drop of American blood, I would push the button my self.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 05:16 AM
link   

If destroying every mosque in the world would save one drop of American blood, I would push the button my self.

Wow...

That was so Patriotic, it brought tears to my Eyes.

Seriously - you think that destroying every mosque in the World would SAVE American Blood?

Yeah Right!

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

Wow...

That was so Patriotic, it brought tears to my Eyes.

Do you know the meaning of the word "IF" ohhh wise one?

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
I agree with AMM's statements, they wound't hesitate for a second on what the buildings significance is.

Hell, on 9/11 they tried to hit the whitehouse...only they couldn't find it so they picked the easily findable pentagon. So I could care less if we destroy some mosques...as long as we got who we wanted to get.

AMM

however...that statement is way overkill.
but I know you wern't serious...so no big.

posted on Oct, 27 2005 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Whatever your politics, leave them at the door.
This is a discussion about an ad that appeared not about personal opinions and feelings.

This is the second chill out request being given.

[edit on 27-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Hell, on 9/11 they tried to hit the whitehouse...only they couldn't find it so they picked the easily findable pentagon. So I could care less if we destroy some mosques...as long as we got who we wanted to get.

Who's THEY?

The A-rabs?

You are in a much bigger Doo-doo then you think you are...

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
"They" refers to terrorist...I thought I made that blatantly clear.

posted on Oct, 28 2005 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Closing this topic.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join