It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unleashing Hell: Boeing-Bell Runs Osprey Mosque Attack Ad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 04:52 AM
link   
As sales pitches from creative teams go, that ad is awesome.

It is simple, easy to remember and dramatic.

As a piece of commercial diplomacy, it's a disaster.

My question is this: Where was the editorial control at the agency? What moron put his signature on the okay? Where was the editorial control from the company, what moron put his signature on the okay?

So a lot of us are not finding it at all offensive? What if it was a church, of unspecified denomination, let alone St Paul's or St Peter's in Rome? What if it showed the equivalent of Wounded Knee?

And Bush keeps saying "they hate our freedoms", is that because we have to freedom to insult and denigrate them like this?

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I wonder if this was created by the same ad agency that made the VW terrorist car bombing movie? As far as PC goes I am not going to state my views on that subject. As far as offending Muslims goes "Get over it. If you don't like it don't buy Boeing products." Everybody is too easily offended these days. If a business does something that you don't like "TAKE YOUR BUSINESS ELSEWHERE!". If you have a problem with Boeing's ad don't buy their planes, or don't fly on an airline that uses Boeing aircraft. If you don't fly a particular airline for this reason, drop the airline a POLITE note telling them why you are not a customer anymore. Enough people do this they will get the message. Did you ever think that the people who created this ad might not have known that the building was a mosque? Unless there was a sign out front I wouldn't have.

[edit on 4-10-2005 by JIMC5499]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by JIMC5499
Did you ever think that the people who created this ad might not have known that the building was a mosque? Unless there was a sign out front I wouldn't have.

TM Advertising must of forget about the sign out front that they Photoshopped into the image that says, "Muhammad Mosque" in Arabic.

TM Advertising is fast establishing a reputation for crass advertising. A previous ad for Bell's AH-1Z attack helicopter showed the heavily armed aircraft taking off out of a flaming background. The copy read: "We made it beautiful. Because it's the last thing that some people will ever see." brandrepublic.com

Here's another great ad! Nothing like commercializing murder.

Bauhaus Clothing Advertisement

[edit on 4-10-2005 by Regenmacher]

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Which shows israelies raiding a mosque in palestine.

the slogan being "support american products, support Israel"

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Ohhh why do you have to register to get that video

posted on Oct, 4 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Gotta Love Boeing - one of TOP Warprofiteers on this Planet.

They EARN money and get more PROFIT when alot of People start DYING!

Philip M. Condit, CEO, Boeing of Chicago, Illinois
2002 Salary: $4.1 million
Campaign Contributions in 2002: $1.6 million, Military Contracts 2000-2003: $60 billion
Products: F-15 fighter, C-17 air transport, Apache Helicopter, JDAM "smart" bombs.

The world's largest aerospace company has a role in all three of the Pentagon’s advanced fighter plane programs: the F-22 Raptor, the Joint Strike Fighter/F-35, and the F-18 and it makes both F-15 fighter and Apache helicopters. Caught knowingly selling flawed parts for the Apache that led to thousands of unnecessary landings and at least one fatal crash, Boeing has paid tens of millions of dollars in fines. Boeing also oversees many of the Pentagon’s missile defense programs, operates the Space Shuttle, makes the guidance systems for the Minuteman and Peacekeeper missiles and builds precision munitions such as the Standoff Land Attack Missile-Expanded Response (SLAM-ER), Conventional Air-Launched Cruise Missile (CALCM), Brimstone and Harpoon missiles, and JDAM "smart" bombs. Boeing’s JDAM (joint direct attack munitions) kit fits over a "dumb" missile and coverts it into a satellite-guided weapon using movable fins and a satellite positioning system to make a “smart” bomb. But there’s a downside: the precision JDAMs have repeatedly missed their targets in Iraq and Afghanistan, hitting both civilians and US soldiers.

Source:
Warprofiteers

Yep. One of Top Three Military Contractors, that are In Bed with Pentagon from Day One of this alleged War on Terrorism. I bet they love the Bush Administration also.

Military contractors like Boeing, Halliburton and Lockheed, have become increasingly embedded with the Pentagon bureaucrats who give them lucrative work as the jailing of Darleen Druyun, a former U.S. Air Force weapons buyer, demonstrates.

posted on Oct, 7 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
that pic look pretty good, would be really good if they make a game on the Osprey

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow
that pic look pretty good, would be really good if they make a game on the Osprey

American mentality

And they think THEY of all people claim they are "helping Iraq".

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 04:36 AM
link   
I love that ad- saved. New desktop.

Burn the middle east to the ground, nuke it 'till there's nothing but glass left, build a giant store and rename the area WalMartistan.

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Why is it politically incorrect to admit we are in a war? Can you imagine if WWII was the same way, where we could not have the propoganda posters about pearl harbor ect. because some japanese people may not want to buy Chrystlers? You have got to be kidding me. The ad reflected reality, and Beoing needs to apologize. When people completely lose their backbone?

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister

American mentality

And they think THEY of all people claim they are "helping Iraq".

what what... what i say... i just think that the Osprey can be a really good game... now who thinks it will make a great game rise their hand

now, doesn't that picture look like a game already ^^

posted on Oct, 8 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by ulshadow

now, doesn't that picture look like a game already ^^

mod edit to remove image deemed by staff to be in poor taste

[edit on 9-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Hey MODS, why you remove that image from Dero..... That pic was really funny
give it back

to repeat:
mod edit to remove image deemed by staff to be in poor taste

[edit on 9-10-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Oct, 9 2005 @ 05:14 PM
link   
A mosque is something that probably 90 percent of Americans identify with the middle east, quick and easy symbology for a company that sells instruments of war. I really don't care one way or another. I'm sure there's no shortage of harsh words about the US coming from Iran and the PDRK.

I'd hate to see someone's feelings get hurt.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mxboy15u
Why is it politically incorrect to admit we are in a war? Can you imagine if WWII was the same way, where we could not have the propoganda posters about pearl harbor ect. because some japanese people may not want to buy Chrystlers? You have got to be kidding me. The ad reflected reality, and Beoing needs to apologize. When people completely lose their backbone?

We did this kind of thing in WW2 precisely because we were less sophisticated. Go find "Bugs Bunny Nips the Nips" or read "The Phantom Goes To War." Such racism was standard stuff, after all "they" were "the enemy", going by that logic there's no reason for the Nazis to apologise for continually using Jewish characters as the bad guys in their films.

Times have changed and people are supposed to have changed, too.

Toyota had to can plans for naming a car Centaur in Oz because the SS Centaur was a hospital ship that was sunk in Queensland waters by Japanese planes in WW2, instead they called it the Avalon.

I guess the only change is that on September 12 America woke up and discovered there was a world.

And Japanese people wouldn't want to buy Chryslers, no matter what your posters looked like.

Hey, if it's okay to reflect reality, why is there such a debate about a six letter word beginning with n that refers to black, sorry, African-American, people? Remember Pulp Fiction? Even Spike Lee came out in support of Denzel's point of view.

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Sweet!

Where I can I buy one of these?

But seriously, why are they even advertising in the first place?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by quango
Sweet!

Where I can I buy one of these?

But seriously, why are they even advertising in the first place?

to persuade congressmen and other politicians to continue support for the Osprey and to make them buy more. thats why they made this ad. u think they did dis for fun?

posted on Oct, 11 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ah, the sweet scent of American Pride.

Only in America you will not be bashed up for saying "war is cruel but I like to make fun of it".

Simply put, the ones supporting the advertisement is true portrayal of ignorance at its best.

Go ahead SELF-RIGHTEOUS and JUST Americans. Do what you please.

Hail Bush!

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Heartagram
Ah, the sweet scent of American Pride.

You're damn right. Biggest, baddest and best.

Only in America you will not be bashed up for saying "war is cruel but I like to make fun of it".

Making fun of what? Truth be told, the enemy is radical Islamists who are not above hiding, taking refuge from attack or even storing weapons inside mosques. They're lucky we use as much LOAC restraint as we do.

Simply put, the ones supporting the advertisement is true portrayal of ignorance at its best.

Pray tell, oh naive one?

Go ahead SELF-RIGHTEOUS and JUST Americans. Do what you please.

Why thank you. I always do.

Hail Bush!

Hell yeah.

posted on Oct, 12 2005 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dero
Burn the middle east to the ground, nuke it 'till there's nothing but glass left, build a giant store and rename the area WalMartistan.

Got bored and decided to start flame-baiting and trolling, Dero? You ever read the TOS here?

Strange how you talk like a fanatical miltant terrorist and yet claim to be against them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join