It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Superman Returns' tops list of most expensive movies ever made!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Superman's cape looks like it has a bit of weight to it. Maybe they made it that way so it doesn't get all ripped up when he is wrecking stuff (or getting wrecked).

Nap time at the Fortress of Solitude. (Is that Byan Singer?)

From left: James Marsden (Cyclops) as Lois Lane's boyfriend. Brandon Routh as Clark Kent. Kate Bosworth as Lois Lane.

posted on Sep, 29 2005 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
Superman's cape looks like it has a bit of weight to it. Maybe they made it that way so it doesn't get all ripped up when he is wrecking stuff (or getting wrecked).

It looks like it's made out of real leather, but probably more like pleather. Those boots are pretty sizable as well. They're like freakin wrestling boots!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Whoa.... Lois' boyfriend??? I'm getting sick already.....

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Yeah I guess Superman/Clark has been gone and now he returns (so the title Superman returns).
While he was gone Lois hooked up with Richard White (James Marsden). I take it is supposed to add drama to the Lois and Clark parts of this movie.
Superman returns will include Superman and Superman II as part of it's continuity.

posted on Sep, 30 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
So they're leaving out the III and above nonsense? Well, that's a good thing I guess....

Feeling better now...

posted on Oct, 1 2005 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
I just wanna see Superman get killed, he was always my most hated Superhero as he is just so god damed squeakey clean and too powerfull.

Pick up the book The Death of Superman. Or if you can get your hands on these comics...

www.fortunecity.com...
The top one

home.columbus.rr.com...

[edit on 1-10-2005 by NWguy83]

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax

I like the new colors, but the guy thats playing superman looks too dorky, plus he doesn't have much muscle. Also the "S" is way too small. Damn Hollywood, I have a bad feeling this whole move will me lame, and hey Im a superman fan (avatar duh)! They need to step into the 21 century, so i think they should have changed the costume more radically, like my avatar. But all this still doesnt matter if the actor sucks and doesnt have the superman build and look.

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Even though I'm seeing this guy as Superman on my screen right now, I still cant see this guy as Superman. He appears to be a HUGE nerd and I'm pretty convinced that I could take him. Not hero material. Wasn't it originally supposed to be Nick Cage?!? That would rock.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
variety.com is reporting that the f/x budget alone on "Superman Returns" is said to be $100 million.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:51 PM
link   
You realize of course, that at these budget amounts, it's going to have to do the same box office as Episode III, just to BREAK EVEN....

What moronic exec approved that budget?

I think they'll eventually pass the figure, with rentals, overseas, etc., but probably not in initial box office grosses...

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They might be able to get a decent profit out of merchandise for the movie. Toys, shirts and what ever. Really though, It's Aol-Time-Warner so I'm sure they have money to burn.

I just hope in the end it is a good movie experience. These big budget films often disappoint.

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
This is a guy in shape for a superhero movie:

That guy playing Superman looks more like he should be on the swimteam than a superhero. What's with those lowcut speedos?

posted on Nov, 4 2005 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Yes DiabolusFireDragon, Christian Bale is an amazing man.
This is what he did to his body in "The Machinist"

Going from that to batman size takes dedication few can match.

As for Brandon Routh, I'll reserve my final judgment until after I see the movie.

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Two things here as far as Routh goes. First, I trust Bryan Singer made the right choice. A lot of people are saying how they wish Nicholas Cage or some other more well known actor would have gotten the part instead. I don't subscribe to that theory and I don't think Singer does either. He has a vision of what Superman should be and he wants an empty canvas to work with so to speak.

Second, As far as Routh's build goes, it's not like he's a small man. People seem to forget that Superman is just an average guy, but he's so powerful because of our sun. What....would you rather see freakin' Lou Ferrigno as Superman? Remember, there's another side to Superman, Clark Kent, and he's just as important.

Peace

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 11:48 AM
link   
You're right, there's more to the movie than the way Superman looks. I'm just the type that would like to see an imposing physique more akin to the comic. I'm not saying he has to look like a bodybuilder, but I think there's a medium between skinny while being a good actor to musclehead but bad acting.

But whether you agree with the casting of superman in this movie or not, we all know this guy would've been perfect!

external image

posted on Nov, 5 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Whoah....I think it's the hair or something? LOL

Superman with his super freak on!!

[edit on 5-11-2005 by Grimholt]

posted on Nov, 7 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
If you like, you can catch the Superman Returns trailer with the new Harry Potter movie on November 18th.
joblo.com...

Personally, I'm not interested in the new Harry Potter movie or the Superman trailer.

[edit on 7/11/2005 by Umbrax]

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:36 AM
link   
The Superman Returns Web site is up and running at full force. The only thing missing is the trailer.
supermanreturns.warnerbros.com...

It has a couple photos that isn't posted on this thread yet.
The funnest feature is "BRYAN'S (Singer) VIDEO JOURNAL" It is his video blog from the movie. It is set up like a comic book.
There is also a bunch of wallpapers in the downloads section.

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   
So I guess the trailer will be on the website from November 18th on. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

Something else I've been thinking about. They'd do well to keep the same John Williams music. That theme music was great, just as most of John Williams' stuff always is.

Peace

posted on Nov, 10 2005 @ 10:09 AM
link   
John Williams is at least doing the main theme.
www.imdb.com...

You guys do not miss out on that video blog. Brian Singer Visits Peter Jackson on the King Kong set

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join