It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think this pic is a fake or not ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Sorry, Leveller, I didn't bother to read all the way to see you already covered what I said. Our motto should be from "Deny Ignorance" to "Deny Being A Raving Sucker", it it is beginning to make me post with an hair trigger. Maybe I should take a vacation.

posted on Sep, 11 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
~Interesting picture nans. I just wanna know where you got it. That tanker looks like a mixed up kc-135 and a k-10. The picture alone is too blurry to make any judgements.

posted on Sep, 12 2003 @ 07:04 AM
link   
The aircraft is a concept study for the New Strategic Aircraft (NSA) from Lockheed Martin. The picture is a CGI representation of one of the proposed models.

www.fas.org...

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
The black aircraft shown closely resembles (or possibly is) the USAF's proposed Long Range Strike Aircraft (LRSA). Below is a Space.Com story with a picture of it and some background info:

Military Space: Securing the High Ground

As to the picture's legitimacy, it's either an actual concept drawing or a well-forged hoax:

Aurora Article

Note, in the blow-up picture, the traces of red lining around the cockpit and on the back, and how the cockpit sticks out further from the fuselage than in the Space.Com LRSA picture. Such markings and cockpit profile remind me of the Testor's XR-7 Thunderdart model... so if this is a hoax, a picture of either a modified version of the XR-7 model or well-made 3D model (along similar lines) could be photoshop-ed in. Otherwise, we got a possible black budget winner

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 11:23 PM
link   
That picture looks like a 3d rendering.. It doesnt look real at all..

So yes.. I think it's a fake

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by Outtis]

posted on Sep, 13 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS

It dont look like a photoshop... Look at the sun reflecting on the reactor...

ignorance....pure ignorance. its an artist's conception. we cant make reactors that small and light yet. hell i dont think that a reactor would work in an aircraft. the water would get moved around too much and the reactor would melt.

[Edited on 14-9-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Sep, 15 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
~Seems to be nothing more then concept aircraft. Nothing more then that and for the time being, fake.

Regards,
Jeff

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
C'mon everybody! This is just concept art!!

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
concept art has been a good indication of where a company is going...

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I am wondering if they could make this aircraft invisible. There was something in the media not to long ago about they came up with a way to make something invisible. They said its not marketable. What the heck does that mean?

Kind of reminded me of the "Philadelphia Experiment"
Did anybody else hear about this?

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I beleive the black aircraft in the top photo is an early manned prototype of an aircraft produced for the American Navy by Northrop Grumman, it is very similar in design to the the current design of unmanned stealth aircraft currently being manufactured for aircraft carrier
deployment.

see www.popsci.com/popsci/bown/article/ 0,16106,388124,00.html

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It is definetly concept art.....no doubt.

Still god find Nans.

posted on Sep, 16 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes its fake because the tanker is barely bigger than the f-22 and one f-22 is colored different than the others.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 05:13 PM
link   
...AX-17 "aurora"...

I'm sure it's a spy plane like the u-2 and the SR-71.

posted on Sep, 18 2003 @ 08:07 PM
link   
From my experience in advertising, this is obviously concept art. It also makes a good point though. It means that this type of aircraft (black triangle form) are already accepted as being the next wave of aircraft. Imagine a picture of WWII fighters with a picture of a jet next to them... Yeah, the ads came out in the industry shortly before the rest of the world knew about them.
I don't know what it is...but we will all be soon finding out. It is cool looking though. Probably fly circles around MIGs.
As far as the technology goes...anyone who has studied military history knows that the military is 20-40 years ahead of the "rest of us" and with the way science has been leaping...who knows what is possible? I remember a discovery channel program a few years ago that was heralding a new invention "the next wave of autocannon" the railgun. the military has had them and used them for decades...
Probably the same thing with this aircraft. the military has had a replacement for the U2 for over 35yrs and the SR-71 that replaced it was probably already replaced 20yrs ago. BTW when we do find out about this plane totally. It means we have a replacement for it as well. (reference anti gravity saucer technology in other ATS forums.)

On the topic of it being invisible...would you like to be invisible? it is easy...take a video camera hooked to a notebook computer and put the video camera behind you looking away from you and the monitor in front of you and whalla.. you friends can see right thru you. The miliary has been working for years on a flexible resilant monitor material that can be wrapped around anything. A cheapo method of invisibility. effective from a short distance. I personally think they have workable prototypes.

[Edited on 19-9-2003 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 03:43 AM
link   
1st : an artist vision of a concept aircraft :

2nd : a hi-tech concept from the nasa :

An article about this project :

www.afrlhorizons.com...

But the fake is nice.

An article about this hoax :

www.aemann.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
YEP, It's a Fake! The photo is really a photo-based CGI. Lockheed took a real digital photo of the sky and used computer software to superimpose the images of the aircraft on the photo.

Tim

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   

*sigh*

Read the caption.

proposal

\Pro*pos"al\, n. [From Propose.] 1. That which is proposed, or propounded for consideration or acceptance; a scheme or design.
To put forward for consideration, discussion, or adoption.

You don't have to "propose" something that already exists.
Sure, the program might have come some way but the picture is an artists impression.

Bingo! Leveller get's the cupie doll!

Any Lockheed office has such proposals framed on the wall...I've seen some stranger ones. All of them do the same thing too...use real backgrounds, and artist concepts of the planes in the pic... Most do a pretty good job with sunglinting etc. as they use a real pic of another plane that was actually in the original pic as the guideline for it.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
For better thought of another word, I'm stunned so many people are referring to this Lockheed concept using the word "fake."

Someone (can't be bothered to scroll back throught the pages) actually whipped out a definition of proposal. So why are people still ranting on about this being a fake? It's a concept drawing, you can contact Lockheed-Martin themselves and ask for a wall mountable version of that concept image if you want!

If you want to get serious about aircraft debunking, you have to be careful about what words you choose...

This image accompanied a company press release for future systems designs. A little research would have ended this topic in about 5 minutes rather than speculative posting.

posted on Sep, 22 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   
...maybe some models prototype still exist.

the AX-17 seems to be a VAC plane. This mean that the geometry of the wings change depending on speed and altitude.

Dont ask me how I know this, but the wings of the AX-17 can become an isocel triangle, or a have the angle we see on the pic.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join