It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire 101st Airborne Division Deploying to Iraq

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Reading more about the 101st today, I'm more sure than ever that this is not a troop rotation. The thing I wonder is how will we ever know what's going on over there?

During the invasion of Iraq, it was on TV. We watched the war live because there were reporters over there and there was a great deal of support for the war. There was a feeling of unity - of the spirit of the US - of going after the bad guys. But that support has drastically waned and many want the war to end, not start again in a new and more dangerous venue.

How do we know what's happening?

From the 101st Airborne website:

"Screaming Eagle"

The 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) at Fort Campbell, Kentucky, provides forcible entry capability through heliborne 'air assault' operations. Capable of inserting a 4,000 soldier combined arms task force, 150-kilometers into enemy terrain in one lift, and possessing 281 helicopters, including three battalions of Apache attack helicopters, this division is the most versatile in the Army. For this reason, the 101st Airborne Division (Air Assault) is the division most in demand by combatant commanders. The 101st stands as the Army's and world's only air assault division with unequaled strategic and tactical mobility.
The 101st is unique in that it normally conducts operations 150 to 300 kilometers beyond the line of contact or forward-line-of-own-troops, requiring theater- and national-level intelligence support as a matter of course.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Skippy, as usual....................I got it

Amuk, Hooah for your service--and thank you. However, I had a lot of fun in Iraq. The battles I participated in (Fallujah), was nothing less than the most incredible rush ever. The fear, the noise, the stink, the mess, the smoke, the absolute fatigue by mid-day, the cigars that never tasted so good (I'm never without a cigar), made for an experience I would not wish upon anyone. But I relish that I beat those bastards down. I rejoice in the clear victory we pounded out in our little bit of desert. The daily adrenaline rush is second to none, and I had 4 solid days of it.

Good stuff.

For you liberal types that wonder what the hell is wrong with me....you will never understand unless you have been there. There is no way to explain the avalanche of feelings, thoughts, senses, and unconcious training skills that crash into the brain. Absolutely incredible.

Yes, I am willing to do it again, if it means freedom and security for those peoples that want it-----and what we are doing in Iraq, is doing just that.

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Typical neocon wanker who thinks liberals have never walked into a combat zone to fight before. I suppose those consevatives who have never been there know exactly what you are talking about.

Here is to laughing at your simpleton outlook, and adding to the division at ATS.

[edit on 27-9-2005 by cargo]

posted on Sep, 27 2005 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Woohoo! I'm finally a NEO-CON!

Wait, doesn't "neo" mean "new"? 'Cuz I've been this way all my life.

Wouldn't that make me a "'Ole-con"?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
However, I had a lot of fun in Iraq.

Alot of FUN?

FUN? Well I am Happy to see that SOME People are having FUN while the others are Dying in the Field. I thought FUN was - by the Definition in the English Dictionary, something like:
  • A source of enjoyment, amusement, or pleasure.
  • Enjoyment; amusement: have fun at the beach.
  • Playful, often noisy, activity.

Well, which one of these 3 Definitions does WAR have for You?

Is War a Source of Enjoyment, Amusement or Pleasure - Killing People, seeing dead bodies, watching your Friends being burned Alive?

Is War an Amusement, like Having FUN on the Beach?

Is War a Playful, but often Noisy Activity?

OR is it ALL three definitions?

Hmmmmm....

Makes me Think how the Soldiers in Abu Gharib and Guantanamo would describe their service there - maybe also with FUN.

Well I am Happy to see what an US Army Person thinks about War - that its FUN, probably FUN like Sports or other outdor Activites.

Let's go ask an averege Iraqi Civilans what he Thinks about it, and I DOUBT that he will use the word FUN is his Answer....

Who cares! As long as the US Troops have FUN in Iraq!

Viva Iraq - the Playground and a Source of FUN for US Soldiers!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
Viva Iraq - the Playground and a Source of FUN for US Soldiers!

Don't pile all us grunts into that group of psychotic sociopaths that think govermment mandated murder is fun. I still think and speak for myself, and that bootcamp brainwashing never took hold.

War is bloody stinking ride on the edge of the abyss, and those that say otherwise are frauds, liars or fools.

"In time of war the devil makes more room in hell" -German Proverb

Graphic Image

[edit on 28-9-2005 by Regenmacher]

Mod Edit: Removed Graphic Image, Replaced With Link And Warning.

[edit on 28/9/2005 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:48 AM
link   
On another note, I know that I said I would bet my house that they were going into Iran, but I remembered that the Iraqi president said he wanted 1/2 of our military out of there by Jan. Maybe they are there so that they can start pulling out our troops.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher
Don't pile all us grunts into that group of psychotic sociopaths that think govermment mandated murder is fun. I still think and speak for myself, and that bootcamp brainwashing never took hold.

War is bloody stinking ride on the edge of the abyss, and those that say otherwise are frauds, liars or fools.

I am trying Really Hard to not do that - but the Statements like the one from Army and skippytjc make me think, that War is close to Sports and Fun. Judging by the Statements, its Great to go to downtown Iraq and light yourself a Cigar and say, "I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning!". Sometimes I really don't know if the Hollywood is the Mirror of the American Sociery OR is the American Society the Mirror of Hollywood.

And I Agree with the German Proverb you Wrote - it's Creepy but True.

"War is the statesman's game, the priest's delight,
The lawyer's jest, the hired assassin's trade."

—Percy Bysshe Shelley, Queen Mab

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Regenmacher

I am trying Really Hard to not do that - but the Statements like the one from Army and skippytjc make me think, that War is close to Sports and Fun. Judging by the Statements, its Great to go to downtown Iraq and light yourself a Cigar and say, "I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning!". Sometimes I really don't know if the Hollywood is the Mirror of the American Sociery OR is the American Society the Mirror of Hollywood.

And I Agree with the German Proverb you Wrote - it's Creepy but True.

I am sure they all see war as "a bloody stinking ride on the edge of the abyss", but fat lot of good that kind of mind set is going to do them when poop hits the fan. I would rather have an army full of military men who scream woo hoo lets go kick some butt, than an army full of men who go in with fear and dread. Mindset will decide if you live or die.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
I am sure they all see war as "a bloody stinking ride on the edge of the abyss", but fat lot of good that kind of mind set is going to do them when poop hits the fan. I would rather have an army full of military men who scream woo hoo lets go kick some butt, than an army full of men who go in with fear and dread. Mindset will decide if you live or die.

Fools dance where angels fear to tread, and the karmic ride ain't over on the battlefield. There's is no true woo-hoo on the highway of death, you watch too many movies.

The mission is not murder thy brother and never will be.

I'm still around to tell about it, NDE et al.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:16 AM
link   

...... yourself a Cigar and say, "I Love the Smell of Napalm in the Morning!". Sometimes I really don't know if the Hollywood is the Mirror of the American Sociery OR is the American Society the Mirror of Hollywood.

Nuts without consciousness and automatons of corrupt bureaucracy in every crowd. The path with heart and not ego, is the one I would tred on. Some just don't see it, until they fall flat on their face and watch death creep over their eyes.

I think you nailed it with the hollywierdo mentality. Pervasive brainwashing infects those who don't question authority aka sheeple.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:25 AM
link   
First of all that picture was totaly unnecessary! I cant believe you went there. Second of all, judging from your posts it sounds like you are saying that all soldiers are going to hell......or is it just the US soldiers?

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
First of all that picture was totaly unnecessary! I cant believe you went there. Second of all, judging from your posts it sounds like you are saying that all soldiers are going to hell......or is it just the US soldiers?

I have been a US Army soldier in war, and never presume what is between a me and my maker. I make no presumptions that I will go to a better place either.

Best look at the picture, seems you have yet to taste, feel and smell death to actually deem it necessary to interject the us/them mentality as justification of bloodlust. It doesn't go away just cause you shut your eyes to it. Reality isn't all roses and you met a cold hard realist when it comes to the face of death.

So would you really feel justified when you blow someone's brains out? Guilt or regret is not washed off like dirt. Who says your better and would warrant taking a life? George Bush?

"judging from your posts " says it all doesn't it....

cjf

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I am trying Really Hard to not do that - but the Statements like the one from Army and skippytjc make me think, that War is close to Sports and Fun.

Please try harder.

You have failed to mention comments which were opposing Army’s single view. I am positive one can find Army’s view in ‘other’ military machines, not just the US. I assure you it is not my view, but I can at least 'hear' the views and try to understand different perspectives (right or wrong).

And as for the "game" analogy/comment, move on.

The analogy is simple, to the point and understood. It was an analogy. You guys are jumping on it as if it is the only trampoline in town. The military has “war games”... "contenders" in sports “battle” it out.... “offense”, “defense”, “tactics”, “plan of attack” etc etc,…good grief!....Norman Swartzcoff used an American footaball analogy explaining infantry and armored assault tactics in Desert Storm for goodness sake.

The origins of completive sports can be traced to warfare. In Southern, Central and North America this is especially true as recent resident cultures often used games specifically as an aspect of warfare. Working these types of influenced descriptions and parallels concerning war/games into the Southern, Central and North American vernacular is natural.

Sometimes I really don't know if the Hollywood is the Mirror of the American Sociery OR is the American Society the Mirror of Hollywood.

Hollywood is neither and the view implied of 'American Society' is razor narrow.

If you believe the US movie industry only produces movies for the US domestic market, you are sadly mistaken.

Making huge assumptions, drawing broad parallels while attempting to ‘use’ the products of Hollywood as an endemic negative US American “socio-indicator” to make your point is wrong. One must apply your logic internationally as the target market is international and the object is profit.....review all the ‘Hollywierdo’ (as mentioned by another poster) or Hollywood created/influenced or avatars at any given time on this site alone...

On topic….

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
Reading more about the 101st today, I'm more sure than ever that this is not a troop rotation.
-[snip]-

The planned deployment of the 101st in OIF-4 was announced on Dec '04.
(link to article, please read)

From my last post it was confirmed in a DOD statment in February of '05

This did not just happen, this is not sudden, the 101 was due to fall back back into rotation from OIF-1 in '03. This has been planned and officially announced 10+ months ago.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Perhaps we will go to Hell, for all the things ive seen and done in my Countries name perhaps i deserve to be punished for it, i dont know. I saw and did things in Northern Ireland and the Balkens that haunt me still.
Perhaps i deserve my time in Hell for that. My only defence is i never took pleasure from it, but the exitement of the moment was ever present.
I understand some of what Army said, but i never revelled in it, that surely is the short road to damnation.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   
IMHO, no one will go to hell for doing what ever is necessary to protect the lives of God's innocent.

The true sin would be to stand back and watch the devil take over.

Anyway, for what ever the 101st is going over, I applaud them, and wish them the best.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Army
Woohoo! I'm finally a NEO-CON!

Wait, doesn't "neo" mean "new"? 'Cuz I've been this way all my life.

Wouldn't that make me a "'Ole-con"?

The masters you serve designate title by default. It's kinda fitting if you're a "yess'm" kinda guy.

Oh, I almost forgot:
:
Roofle.

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I have a friend who shipped out with the 101st on their latest trip over and they informed me their commander told them this trip will be different than their other trips over. They were told this time, they ask a person to stop if they don't listen, shoot to kill. They were told they are guaranteed to see and do things not expected of them on the last trip!!

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:40 PM
link   

They were told this time, they ask a person to stop if they don't listen, shoot to kill.

For some reason I don't buy that. In this day and time a commander risk too much making such statements....someone in the crowd would realize how wrong that statement is...ya know, not every soldier is a stone cold no questions ask killer.

What level was this commander on? Company, Battalion, Regiment...what??? Can you ask your friend?

[edit on 28/9/2005 by SportyMB]

posted on Sep, 28 2005 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Re: There are heros and then there's hero's. (All depends what side you're fighting on).

Our 101st Air Borne "hero's" were known as the killers of the TIGER DIVISION that murdered, massacred, maimed, raped and sodomized till their hearts content - the victim Vietnamese people on the Mekong Delta in the late 1970's.

See: WWW.ToledoBlade.com

Let's see what other 'infamous" acts they commit in Iraq with it's 150,000 massacred civilian's (Allegedly, 15,000 of them innocent children).

TheAZCowBoy
Tombstone, AZ.

TheAZCowBoy

Tombstone, AZ.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join