It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is Bush going to Colorado to Monitor Rita

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Just watching the news and they stated that Bush was going to Colorado to monitor Rita's progress from the U.S. Northern Command in Colorado Springs.

Now why on earth would he go to Colorado, surely his brother has a place for him in Florida which is much closer. Does he perhaps know something that he does not want us to know?

I mean what better place to stay out of harms way then under a mountain?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Well he wants to be at a military command post as close as possible without his presence being a distraction to the operations.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Good question. All kinds of stuff has been happening in Colorado through recent years. Bush Junior may have received info from respected Bush Senior?, and that may be important.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I'll be watching this thread to see if any logical answers come up. Very good question. I heard that, too and wondered about it. Why won't he be in the White House?

Why would he have to be at a military command post? He's the president. Surely he could monitor things from his home. We have the technology for him to communicate with Colorado (or anywhere) real time...

This doesn't sound kosher to me...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Well he wants to be at a military command post as close as possible without his presence being a distraction to the operations.

WEll if that were the case MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa would be much closer. Something does not compute here

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
IWhy would he have to be at a military command post? He's the president. Surely he could monitor things from his home. We have the technology for him to communicate with Colorado (or anywhere) real time...

Obviously part of it is PR...I'm sure he could do the same thing from his ranch in Crawford, but how would that look and what would people here be saying about it?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Obviously part of it is PR...I'm sure he could do the same thing from his ranch in Crawford, but how would that look and what would people here be saying about it?

Common sense says Crawford would be out of the question with current predictions it is within the cone of the hurricane.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
So he's going to a place where he'll be safe underground...

There is a giant war protest taking place in Washington, DC tomorrow. Cindy Sheehan will be there. Michael Moore may be there. 100,000 war protesters are expected to be there...

On the other hand, he likes a big show and likes to pretend he's in the military. Let's not forget "Mission Accomplished".

He could just want to escape the protest and since we're having a hurricane, he might as well get all dressed up in fatigues and make pretend he's taking care of the country...

Oh, and where are Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice et all? Are they in Colorado, too?

Considering all the rumors that have been flying around about a nuke attack here in the states, I wonder if there's... oh, I don't know, let's say an attack of some sort planned for DC or on the East coast in the next few days. Makes ya go, "hmmm..."

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Obviously it is where Stargate SG1 is located.

Seriously the US Northern Command is at Cheyenne Mountain, which is also a center of Homeland Security Operations. The President will in this case be on top of things and engaged. We can hope there will be no mess ups this time.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   
What are you talking about? The president being engaged? in what.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I just posted this before I saw this thread...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What do you guys think?

I thought he had the strangest expression on his face.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If I were mr.bush, and with a disaster on hands plus a protest - I would sit in the white house and face it like a man. Would keep updated on what is happening from the rest of my staff. Sounds like he's hiding out in a cave like some...one...else...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkipShipman
Seriously the US Northern Command is at Cheyenne Mountain, which is also a center of Homeland Security Operations.

Yep, it appears Northern Command is supporting FEMA and running the entire military relief efforts for Rita:

PETERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Colo. – U.S. Northern Command is prepared to meet Requests for Assistance that the Federal Emergency Management Agency may issue prior to and in the wake of Hurricane Rita.

As directed by the Secretary of Defense and in accordance with the National Response Plan, U.S. Northern Command (USNORTHCOM) is supporting the Dept. of Homeland Security and Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) disaster preparation efforts for Hurricane Rita.

USNORTHCOM is providing and/or coordinating the following support:

Full Story: Northcom.mil

So it's not like just Bush himself is going there, it's the command hub for this operation.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I just posted this before I saw this thread...

I thought he had the strangest expression on his face.

That's pretty spooky. You couldn't pay me to be in DC for the next few days, though. Especially your wording in the other thread. Spooky, indeed.

He's got every means of communication in the WH that he could possibly want. That place is its own command central.

You know what I think... My last post pretty much laid it out.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   
They have a whole site set up for it:

USNORTHCOM - Established Joint Task Force-Rita to be the military’s on-scene commander in support of the Federal Emergency Management Agency. Lt. Gen. Robert Clark is the JTF-Commander. DoD assets are employed in support of a Primary Federal Agency [in this case FEMA] when local and state assets are overwhelmed or exhausted, and when DoD assistance is requested by the PFA and subsequently approved by the Secretary of Defense. The impact of providing such assistance will not adversely affect military preparedness.

www.northcom.mil...

[edit on 9/23/2005 by djohnsto77]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I find it ironic that they would move the whole fema command control structure to one of if not the most secure places in the US. That makes no sense, they do not need that kind of security for command and control of hurricane supplies.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   
It's at Peterson AFB, I doubt they'll actually be at NORAD in the mountain.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Ok...this was close to the expression he had, but not quite....

Still looking for a video clip...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Colorado?

Because it's far from Texas. He wouldn't want to be there right now, would he?

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Where do you think the White House gets all its information from? Anybody? Anyone? Say it with me now......NORAD. They've got ships ready to follow the hurricane into Texas, and who knows how many other military units ready to go. Now, instead of having to sit in the White House, and have to have everything relayed to him, and there be a possible delay in getting information, since he was in Texas anyway, why NOT fly to NORAD and monitor the start of the relief effort.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join