It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War Declared On US Soil (from ATSNN)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   
In a bold move Emory University has declared war on Washington University. Following an unprecedented attack on Emory soil on the weekend of September 17 and 18 involving graffiti questioning the attractiveness of native Emorian women and fliers displaying the phrase "Emory S***s", Student Government Association President Amrit P. Dhir dissolved the student government, declaring himself "Supreme Leader." The president of Wash U has yet to step up to the declaration of war, and has not yet declared general mobilization of his student military forces.

www.foxnews.com
Emory Student Government Association President Amrit P. Dhir (search), clad in a military uniform, promptly dissolved the elected legislature and proclaimed himself "Supreme Leader," with the requisite dictatorial powers.

"Emory University was suddenly and deliberately attacked by ground forces from Washington University," Dhir, flanked by black-shirted, helmeted members of the SGA's Department of War, declared. "In a community where scholarship and peace once existed, we are now faced with a terrifying shadow of war."

Dhir went on to say that Washington U. was "a terrible, terrible place," with "no identity, no integrity and, I am told, terribly unattractive women."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

What a great idea to inspire school pride in a school known more for its academic ability than its sports ability! Wash U president is being extremely careless, allowing Emory to fully mobilize their forces without any action on their part. As I'm sure all the history students going to both schools know, this will be a huge disadvantage to Wash U unless they can find some kind of diplomatic solution.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I voted 'headline fix' because the headline is quite misleading. We'd have 1,000 stories like this every time someone or some entity declared "War" on something in the U.S.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Does this dumb student politics count as news? If so I'll start posting News of the World headlines...

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I suppose I voted yes 'cause I didn't give it the thought I would usually Nechicken. Else I may have done differently.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:57 PM
link   
You guys will change your tune if armed conflict breaks out!

This could also be a political commentary on the part of the schools involved.

Or it could be mundane nonsense irrelevant to the big picture.

In any case, I would reserve judgement until the story concludes. It may be something, it may be nothing, who knows?

For the record, this is not my submission.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Lets hope neither side has graffiti of mass destruction.

Chemical, biological, or even nuclear graffiti could be bad...

[edit added] I hope someone is tracking all the spray paint. [edit end]

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Ambient Sound]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Vassar could kick their butts anyday.

Umm, that's stupid. Universities should not involve themselves in petty conflicts between students, for a sleiu of reasons. Like common sense.

top topics

join