It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Homosexuals shouldn't be ordained as priests, Catholic Church says

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Being gay today is nothing more than a fad. .

It's not a fad, its ability to be open in society and not be hated.

Some of the greatest minds/people of this earth have been gay. Gay is not new.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

Originally posted by spliff4020

Being gay today is nothing more than a fad. .

It's not a fad, its ability to be open in society and not be hated.

Some of the greatest minds/people of this earth have been gay. Gay is not new.

Just because you shove it in my face, doesnt mean I have to accept it. While you are free to do what you choose, it doesnt mean everyone has to accept it. You can put 50 piercings in your face, I dont care, but try to get a job with it in, and see how far you go.

It isnt acceptable to flaunt straight sexuality in anyones face, letalone gay. To stick within the post's bounds, its still the churches right. Women cant be preists. Married men cant be preists, why the hell would they start letting GAY MEN become priests?

You need to find a different "cause" to support.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
And I will stick with my question, at what age do you make someone know if they are gay or straight.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 01:57 PM
link   

And I will stick with my question, at what age do you make someone know if they are gay or straight.

Im not sure I understand your question. When do you tell your kids its ok to have sex? You dont, you give em advice, tell them to use their heads, and try to keep a handle on the situation as long as possible.

With my 15 year old, he likes girls, but hasnt dated yet. He prefers the company of his Xbox, favorite book and dvds. Even the PC doesnt occupy him. I would let him date now, but thered be no girl in his room alone with him, and we would drive them where they wanted to go. Again, involvment is key.

I cant tell him what his preference sexually is going to be, or pick a date to tell him hes "not allowed to be gay". Like I said, if he came to me and said he was gay, I would be silently disappointed.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
My point is if the Catholic church says no gay priests, Priest start early in life.

What age does a person Have to know if they are gay or not?

We will never agree, so we will have to agree to disagree.

I feel there is NO choice and you think there is, until its known for sure whats causes people to be gay one way or the other, we will never come to a conclusion.

The best you can do is keep being a good dad and protect your kids, I only ask that you let the lines of comuncation be open with your kids.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:33 PM
link   

My point is if the Catholic church says no gay priests, Priest start early in life.

What age does a person Have to know if they are gay or not?

We will never agree, so we will have to agree to disagree.

I feel there is NO choice and you think there is, until its known for sure whats causes people to be gay one way or the other, we will never come to a conclusion.

The best you can do is keep being a good dad and protect your kids, I only ask that you let the lines of comuncation be open with your kids.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

A person can turn gay or straight at any point.
It is their god given right to do so.
Free will and free choice.
Women prove this all the time, they get board with men and want to try something new.
Just go pick up a personals ad out of the local paper and see for yourself.
"Looking to try something "new" " is a common sight in the girls looking for girls page.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   
That being said, gay is more about cureosity than physical ailment.
Gay is not a disease or disorder, it is a choice.
You might as well ask what makes kids play video games instead of read, or what genetic flaw makes people have pointless debates in forums!

The forum troll gene????

Please, there is nothing that "makes" you gay other than your personal preferance, your choice.

[Off_Topic]
Speaking of choice, no one ever answered my question from the other day, why can't a fetus abort it's mother?
It is a seperate physical entity with an entirely different genetic makeup than the mother.
Unless it is simply concidered a parasite then it must have rights over it's own body.
It must have the right to prevent harm to itself in that case correct?
Thus it should be given the option to abort it's mother before the mother can abort it!
[/Off_Topic]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
There is an ease way to solve this and other related problems.
: Drum roll:
People should get off the couch and think for themselvs. Once mankind rids itself of reglion people wont have to worry about who the next pope will be or where/when the next Islamic wack job is going to blow themselvs up.
:End drum roll:

[edit on 24-9-2005 by xpert11]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones
[Actually I do have a few gay friends, lesbians actually.

Being gay is a choice.

You have asked them this, and this is what they told you?

Well, considering one of them switched back to men and is dating my best friend right now, I'm pretty sure its a choice.

And yes, she actually did say it was a choice.

Sorry, your "facts" about gays are part of the reason so many people don't understand them.
I get along with them just fine when they don't openly show off about it.
I hate it when a guy kisses a girl in public too!
It's gross to see people do things like that.

I don't mean just a peck on the lips, i am refering to the tongue halfway down the throat for 10 minutes at a time.

The problem is that stupid people try to look for a reason they are gay like there is a reason someone has cancer.
You know they have claimed to have found a cancer gene that everyone has and thus why we have cancer?
This is bull, cancer exists because of genetic deformity, usually caused from an outside source onto a healthy cell.

Even if you didnt have the illeged gene you would still get cancer if you were exposed to enough radiation as it would cause your cells to decay and mutate.

All this is, is bad science promoting hate crimes.
There is nothing forcing people to be gay, anyone can choose whatever path they want for their life.
If you can choose to be celibate, you can choose to be straight or gay as well.
Try it, don't be so closed minded to the possibility that you could turn gay and go hang out with some gay people.
You might just start to build a relationship with one of them and find yourself proving how right i am by turning gay yourself.

Or, if you are gay find some straight friends of the opposite sex and see if you can build a relationship with one of em.
Chances are, if you got alot of common threads binding you with someone you will begin to get close to them and wish to be with them more.
This feeling has been defined as love since time began.
Real love isn't about sex, it's about companionship.
You can love many people of either sex and not be gay.

Gay and straight are about sex, not love.
Sex is a benifit of true love, not an end result.
If and when you ever love someone this will become apparant to you.
I love all my friends, male and female, but i love and have sex with my wife and my wife alone.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
There is an ease way to solve this and other related problems.
rum roll:
People should get off the couch and think for themselvs. Once mankind rids itself of reglion people wont have to worry about who the next pope will be or where/when the next Islamic wack job is going to blow themselvs up.
:End drum roll:

No, then big brother can tell us all what to do and think. 1984???

I do aggree though, organized religion is somewhat of a nusance.
People should go out and learn for themselves instead of allowing themselves to be led like sheep to the fold.
Sad thing is that the church constantly refers to its congregation as sheep.

Bah Ram You

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   

No, then big brother can tell us all what to do and think. 1984???

Nope people should think for themselvs that means big brother dosnt tell society how to conform. I agree people are like sheep and a flock presents more targets for the hunters.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by xpert11
Nope people should think for themselvs that means big brother dosnt tell society how to conform. I agree people are like sheep and a flock presents more targets for the hunters.

But if people are like sheep then it is only a matter of time before someone comes along to lead them, be they priests, scientists, or politicians.

As long as free will exists then people will choose the path of least resistance, being watch tv and be spoon fed everyting.
In the dark ages it was believe the church, now its believe FOX.

Men in Black
A *person* is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it.

The individual person will choose to search out the truth themself, but the masses will seek the guidance of a higher power, The FOX Network

There will always be someone somewhere that wants power over the masses.
The only thing that can be done against them is to educate every man woman and child on the planet how to think for them selves, then force them to do so because if you don't then they will revert to their path of least resistance lifestyles.
Then you become what you are fighting against.

An interesting parallel to starwars,
When you hate the dark side you are hating hatrid, and thus becoming consumed by it.
This is possibly a reason many homophobic people turn gay later in life.

Oddly enough the same thing is true with magnets.
1 Take 2 magnets of different strengths
2 N to N repel, S to S repel, and N to S attract
3 If you touch N to N or S to S the polarity of the weaker magnet will switch.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones

But if people are like sheep then it is only a matter of time before someone comes along to lead them, be they priests, scientists, or politicians.

As long as free will exists then people will choose the path of least resistance, being watch tv and be spoon fed everyting.
In the dark ages it was believe the church, now its believe FOX.

I couldnt agree more. Humans may have the ablity to change the environment around round them but the majority of us still cant think for our selvs. Makes you wonder if we are that much smarter then Apes?

You have voted mrjones for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have used all of your votes for this month.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Picking a religion, that's a choice. Sexual orientation ISN'T a choice. While I have no problem with rights for gay people, I couldn't choose that for myself, it actually put's me off. I luv da ladies.

If you think it's a choice, try it, see if you can change yourself.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Picking a religion, that's a choice. Sexual orientation ISN'T a choice. While I have no problem with rights for gay people, I couldn't choose that for myself, it actually put's me off. I luv da ladies.

If you think it's a choice, try it, see if you can change yourself.

If you were more open minded then you would see that it really is a choice.
Just because you are too closed minded to do it doesn't make it not a choice.

So does that mean people who are in interratial relationships must have some genetic flaw?
No, you choose to be in an interrelational relationship, just like you choose to be gay.

People try to force the belief that its a defect to be gay and then wonder why there is such mass hatrid and misunderstanding of gays.
"Eww, your defective, get away!"

Then they try to preach a gospel of acceptance of differences based on their "facts" that these people can't help it.

There is nothing to help! People choose to be gay, it is not forced on them!
White men and a black women aren't forced together by genetics, they choose to be together, so why can't men and men or women and women choose to be together?

Your doctrine of "they're different but accept them" is bull
They are no different other than what they choose to do.

As I stated before, I am happily married to a woman and have no sexual desire for anyone else.
I still love all my close friends, male and female, but I love and have sex with my wife and her alone.

I still check out girls as they walk by and have no problem rating guys as well.
I'm not having sex with either of them nor trying to initiate a relationship with them that would lead to sex, so I see no problem with it.

In the end it all comes back to the sheep concept a few posts up.
The few can learn for themselves, but the many will be told what to believe.

Deny Ignorance
Free your mind

[edit on 25-9-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 03:27 PM
link   
mrjones, you should reread my post, I have NO problem with people being gay, I even support their right to equallity, I just cannot see myself in a gay relationship, I COULD NOT CHOOSE to be gay, the same as gays cannot choose to be straight.

Like I said, if you think it's a choice, try it for yourself. Could you see yourself in a gay relationship if you weren't married?

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

most pedophiles are gay

An assertion with absolutely no basis in reality -
by far, more girls get molested than boys, for one thing.

I didn't say that right. Lemme' try again. Statistically speaking,
there are much higher percentages of pedophiles in the gay
population than there are in the heterosexual population.

www.inoohr.org...

On an average, 40% of child molestation cases are by homosexuals
even though they make up only 1-2 % of the population.

[edit on 9/25/2005 by FlyersFan]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
mrjones, you should reread my post, I have NO problem with people being gay, I even support their right to equallity, I just cannot see myself in a gay relationship, I COULD NOT CHOOSE to be gay, the same as gays cannot choose to be straight.

Like I said, if you think it's a choice, try it for yourself. Could you see yourself in a gay relationship if you weren't married?

So you are saying that you are too closed minded, to the possibility of you falling in love with another man, to believe it is not the same for everyone else?

My friend, you are mistaken.

Just because you can not do something does not mean anyone else can not do it.
I can not life 300 pounds but some people can.
You can not turn from straight to gay, but some people can, and vice versa.

You might as well say you could not choose to love a black woman the same as a black woman could not choose to love a white man.

[sarcasim]
And we all know interratial relarionships never happen right?
Clearly its a genetic defect to have an interratial relationship and not a choice.
[/sarcasim]

Anyone who believes gay is forced upon people needs to stop listening to FOX news and government backed science and actually meet some gay people for themselves.

My lesbian friends choose to be lesbians because they got bored with men and wanted something new.
I have asked them about this and that was their response.

The one who turned lesbian then straight again because of my best friend prooves my case as far as the ability to choose sexual orientation.
I also asked her, since shes a former catholic, about the church banning gays.
She went off about it because of the fact that girls were molested too.
She also said something along the lines of "they should get rid of the pedophiles"

I am not attacking anyone here, I am attacking the idea that being gay is some sort of ailment, a disease or a handicap of some kind.
It is not.
It is a free choice that some can make and others are too afraid to consider possible.

intrepid, just because you don't believe something does not make it false.
Just because you can not do something does not make it impossible.

Only when the world realizes this will we advance as a people.

Together there is nothing we can not do, and this is why those in power seek to keep us fighting amongst ourselves.
They promote the idea that sexuality is preordained, that it is our fate.

I tell you brothers and sisters, we make our own destany.
It is our fate to die, but it is our destany to live!

[edit on 25-9-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I didn't say that right. Lemme' try again. Statistically speaking,
there are much higher percentages of pedophiles in the gay
population than there are in the heterosexual population.

www.inoohr.org...

On an average, 40% of child molestation cases are by homosexuals
even though they make up only 1-2 % of the population.

Please, your hardly making things better by pointing fingers.
Girls got molested by bad priests just the same as boys did.
Just because they molested girls does not make them any less criminals.

They should all be burned alive for their atrocitys.

posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 06:09 PM
link   

I am attacking the idea that being gay is some sort of ailment, a disease or a handicap of some kind.

Where in the world did you think I, in any way, meant this? It is none of those. I agree. Gay people just are, it's their disposition. Again, suggesting that it's a choice, a cognitive decision, just doesn't fly.

Again, third time, I ask you if you could be sexually active with another man if you weren't married. You seem to be avoiding this question. Whose mind is closed here?

As to interracial couples, I have no idea how this applies to your arguement.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join