It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Homosexuals shouldn't be ordained as priests, Catholic Church says

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 07:39 PM
link   

most pedophiles are gay

An assertion with absolutely no basis in reality - by far, more girls get molested than boys, for one thing. That fact alone blows your statement out of the water...

Secondly, many pedophiles don't seem to care about the gender of their victims at all - simply that they are children.

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by mrjones
No, the ROMAN CATHOLIC church has only been around
for around 1000 years. They broke from the greek orthadox!

You already said that. I already provided info to show it
is not just 1,000 years old. Take a look at the list of popes.
It's an unbroken apostolic chain. Read the link provided too.
www.catholic.com...

Yes, the first popes were of the Greek Orthodox Church.
A little event called the Great Schism occurred and the Roman Catholic Church was born.
mb-soft.com...

We are arguing the same point for the most part here; the church has the right as an exclusive organization to not allow gays.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra
Don't have many gay friends, huh?
Its clear you didn't read the motto at the door. Maybe you should step out and come back in.
Vegetarians are Vegetarians for MANY reasons and its their choice gays do not have a choice. Yes there are people that will sleep with whom ever, but a gay person is gay period.

Actually I do have a few gay friends, lesbians actually.
Being gay is a choice.
It is not like having a deformed hand or leg, you just feel more attraction to your own sex than the opposite.
This can be overcome and done so rather simply.

A very good friend of mine (former lesbian) is now dating my best friend (male)
If you'd think about things and realize the power of the mind can overcome almost anything you'd see this.

To say being gay is a problem that people can't help is a lie.

As for the motto, "deny ignorance", try it some time.
You'll be surprised what you learn when you stop being spoon fed your thoughts and go out and experience the real world.
Just because a few scientists were able to find a gay gene years ago and no one has been able to find it again does not make it a scientific fact.
If anything, that makes it a hoax because it was never a reproducible test.
I have read up on the topic, I have some lesbian friends, and I have seen lesbians turn straight and vice versa!

If you actually look for yourself instead of believeing whatever you hear, you will see that it has far more to do with curiosity than genetics!

[edit on 23-9-2005 by mrjones]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjones
[Actually I do have a few gay friends, lesbians actually.

Being gay is a choice.

You have asked them this, and this is what they told you?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:40 AM
link   
MrJones, you have know everything, how is that you haven't wrote a book or something on how the mind works?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

most pedophiles are gay

An assertion with absolutely no basis in reality - by far, more girls get molested than boys, for one thing. That fact alone blows your statement out of the water...

Secondly, many pedophiles don't seem to care about the gender of their victims at all - simply that they are children.

An assertion with absolutely no basis in reality

much like yours.

Why are peoplle so anxious to jump up and defend this position? Its the churches decision. None of you are catholic, so you NONE of you really know what your talking about.

Some people (myself included) look down on the homosexual lifestyle. I dont want my kids raised around it, let alone have the PREIST tell em its all good. Its not. Its an immoral, disease filled lifestyle. Ill be damned if I lead my kid by the hand down THAT road.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

Why are peoplle so anxious to jump up and defend this position? Its the churches decision. None of you are catholic, I was

Some people (myself included) look down on the homosexual lifestyle. I dont want my kids raised around it, Why?

Ill be damned if I lead my kid by the hand down THAT road.
There is nothing you can do, if they are going to be gay they are, are you still going to love them?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Why are peoplle so anxious to jump up and defend this position? Its the churches decision. None of you are catholic, I was

Some people (myself included) look down on the homosexual lifestyle. I dont want my kids raised around it, Why?

Ill be damned if I lead my kid by the hand down THAT road.
There is nothing you can do, if they are going to be gay they are, are you still going to love them?

1) WAS...great so you left, therefore your opinion means nothing. How many WHITE students get grants from the NAACP? Groups are allowed to exclude.

2) I dont want them exposed to sexuality of any kind at a young age. A preist HAS to remain neutral. And dont bring in the pedo crap. Ours isnt. But anyrate, I dont want gay programming on their TV, I dont want gay teachers telling them its ok to kiss other boys, NONE OF THAT CRAP.

3) If they turn out gay, its something we as parents have done wrong. Not enough attention paid, something. Theres no such thing as born gay. Its a learned behavior, or a reactionary behavior. If my son was to turn out gay? I would be silently disappointed. What should I do? Have a party?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 10:48 AM
link   

2) And don't bring in the pedo crap.
Here lies the problem, There is more of a chance of of a straight male raping your child than a gay male.

3) If they turn out gay, its something we as parents have done wrong. Not enough attention paid, something.
This is so the wrong thinking, sorry. I understand MRJones, he is just trying to get a rise. Spliff, you really feel this way?

This is why I cant believe there is a god, and if there is, it is not an all good creature.

Why would you want the creation made in your image to be an abomination?

[edit on 24-9-2005 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:01 AM
link   

2) And don't bring in the pedo crap.
Here lies the problem, There is more of a chance of of a straight male raping your child than a gay male.

3) If they turn out gay, its something we as parents have done wrong. Not enough attention paid, something.
This is so the wrong thinking, sorry. I understand MRJones, he is just trying to get a rise. Spliff, you really feel this way?

This is why I cant believe there is a god, and if there is, it is not an all good creature.

Why would you want the creation made in your image to be an abomination?

We were created in his image, yes. Then we were given free will. We have the ability to live our lives how we chose to. Theres a right way, and a wrong way. Plain and simple.

Also, a grown man, messing with a little boy, makes HIM GAY !!!. Same sex is same sex. Of course its ok to rip on catholics for a having a few bad apples. But hey, theres some black child molestors as well. Can we rip on the blacks for ALL being molestors? Nope. Just societies weekly punching bag. Its bull#.

[edit on 24-9-2005 by spliff4020]

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:11 AM
link   

3) If they turn out gay, its something we as parents have done wrong. Not enough attention paid, something. There's no such thing as born gay. Its a learned behavior, or a reactionary behavior. If my son was to turn out gay? I would be silently disappointed. What should I do? Have a party?

We were created in his image, yes. Then we were given free will. We have the ability to live our lives how we chose to. There's a right way, and a wrong way. Plain and simple.
Perfect, I knew you where going to say freewill, can't have it both ways.

Also, a grown man, messing with a little boy, makes HIM GAY
How ever you see it, I bet if you asked a molester if he was gay he would say no.

Doesn't a gay person have the right of religion in America?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Hmm, so let me get this right.....

Some catholic priest molest little boys and do very bad things....so that makes catholicism a bad religion, a bad way of life, is that right? Am I correct? Pretty much you are saying that the few sicko priest represent the entire church.

But....

A few extreme suicide jihadist do not represent Islam??? is that right.

What's with the double standard people.....you can't apply the all or none representation card to the catholic church and not Islam (and vis versa).

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by SportyMB
Hmm, so let me get this right.....

Some catholic priest molest little boys and do very bad things....so that makes Catholicism a bad religion, a bad way of life, is that right? Am I correct? Pretty much you are saying that the few sicko priest represent the entire church.

But....

A few extreme suicide jihad's do not represent Islam??? is that right.

What's with the double standard people.....you can't apply the all or none representation card to the catholic church and not Islam (and vise verse).

Who are you talking to, and please point out where your claims have been made, I'm sure they will be addressed.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Yes, they have the right, as the religions have the right to exclude who they want. Every door does not have to open for every person. Especially when it comes to sex. I dont want straight people to flaunt their sexuality in my face, letalone gay. Its wrong, and it belongs behind closed doors.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Yes, they have the right, as the religions have the right to exclude who they want. Every door does not have to open for every person. Especially when it comes to sex. I don't want straight people to flaunt their sexuality in my face, let alone gay. Its wrong, and it belongs behind closed doors.

So it just about the sex now? GOOD LUCK trying to keep sex from your kids, keep it from them will only make the curiosity stronger and we all know what happen to the cat.

I'm not perfect and I don't claim to know everything, I pride myself on trying to treat people the same no matter what. Why, because people deserve it, and I do too. I give what I want.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:36 AM
link   
SpiitenCobra--

Then by that rationale, do you mind if a convicted sex offender who claims to be normal now, is a teacher in your kids school?

And, BTW, its easy to keep sex from them. Pay attention to whats on the TV, I have their internet settings set. Simply put, I pay attention. I dont use the TV as a baby sitter, and Im involved.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   

SpittenCobra--

Then by that rationale, do you mind if a convicted sex offender who claims to be normal now, is a teacher in your kids school? No, I frankly don't think sex offenders can be "fixed", I personally think its a mental imbalance.

And, BTW, its easy to keep sex from them. Pay attention to whats on the TV, I have their internet settings set. Simply put, I pay attention. I don't use the TV as a baby sitter, and I'm involved.

24 hours a day? wow super dad, and work too. How old are your kids? in school yet?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   

SpittenCobra--

Then by that rationale, do you mind if a convicted sex offender who claims to be normal now, is a teacher in your kids school? No, I frankly don't think sex offenders can be "fixed", I personally think its a mental imbalance.

And, BTW, its easy to keep sex from them. Pay attention to whats on the TV, I have their internet settings set. Simply put, I pay attention. I don't use the TV as a baby sitter, and I'm involved.

24 hours a day? wow super dad, and work too. How old are your kids? in school yet?

8,15....my wife works days, I work nights. We only have basic cable, and theres 2 settings for that. Unless they got my code (which they dont), Im good. I understand that the 15 year old is getting to that age, but its normal. The 8 year old though...nope. He is watched. We do pay attention.

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Do you your kids know our position on being gay?

posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Do you your kids know our position on being gay?

No, I dont talk about homosexuality with my 8 year old. My 15 year old has made his feelings about it known. There is a "gay" student in his school. I told him "live and let live", but he still thinks its "gross". Thats fine with me. Hes on the honor roll, and isnt a bully of any sort, but he is disgusted by it. But the 8 year old has no concept of it. To him, life is all Tony Hawk, Star Wars and playing Army. Ill keep it that way as long as possible.

Being gay today is nothing more than a fad. Since its all over TV, movies and music, kids are leaping into it. Its another way for the unaccepted to find acceptance. What they dont ever consider is the long term damage done by fufilling immediate desires. But again, live and let live. Its their problem, not mine.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join