It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try To Get Over It.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
In the deepest molecules of our soul, mind is the fear of death that makes us paranoid, fearful and searching.
If we could get past the fear of death, there could be miracles done for ourselves, others and this orb.
Clinical deaths are the surest way for this overcoming, but short of that, if we can think of ourselves as a tiny grain of sand in a giant cosmic well-run plan, then we could begin to make changes in the directions Gaia is taking.
Paranoia is a suicidal state, a little at a time.
Being an empath is a most difficult awakening.Bless you all.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by siriuslyone]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Easier said than done though. Especially if you are uncertain about your beliefs. I've been studying astral projection and am pretty convinced about life after death, but I still sometimes gets those fearful thoughts like "What if there is no life after death" and then your mind just goes black and you get immensely worried. And while we can be aware and convert a small number of people to the same mindset, you will never change the majority of people out there that are happy wandering around in a dreamlike state, happy with their fear and misery. It's true though... it would make the world a better place... just it isn't very possible.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
...I've been studying astral projection and am pretty convinced about life after death....

Yarcofin, have you managed to achieve an AP yet?

Heh, from what I've seen the couple times I did manage to get out, I wonder more about what kind of entity I am going to become or be turned into after death. Kinda creepy out there...

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
People create an identitity or "self" through their fears.

Inner peace for too long will make I lose myself.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The power of now, read it. I'll give you peace and help you understand the holy books. Most people dont, hence the confusion.
We have life, life is alive, God is life. Enjoy life!

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I have read the Power of Now, great book.

My reasoning from above comes straight from it. People "need" their false sense of identities that cause them to suffer. Without them who would they BE?

[edit on 20/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:12 PM
link   
They would be free to truly live without limitation.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard

They would be free to truly live without limitation.

The ego would not like that, it needs a barrier between ME and you, between US and them. If we are truly free that boundary starts to dissolve, the need for conflict, the need to be right, comes back as a defense mechanism. Observe yourself, you will see the egos at work, that is the first step.

[edit on 20/9/2005 by AkashicWanderer]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   
The way out of the egos path is the (path of heart) only there will it lead you to freedom.And by this I mean do everything with love and light.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by menguard
The way out of the egos path is the (path of heart) only there will it lead you to freedom.And by this I mean do everything with love and light.

It is enough to just BE. The ego cannot live in the present, it must have an identity in the past or future.

To quote Eckhart:

"Your life situation exists in time. Your life is now.
Your life sutation is mind stuff. Your life is real."

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The ego stops existing when fear is overcome or challenged.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yarcofin, have you managed to achieve an AP yet?

Heh, from what I've seen the couple times I did manage to get out, I wonder more about what kind of entity I am going to become or be turned into after death. Kinda creepy out there...

No, I haven't made it out yet myself. But then again in all honesty, I haven't really been trying that hard at all. In fact, I haven't even tried for months really. The uncomfortableness of laying on my back makes me procrastinate my way out of it most of the time. I should probably get back to trying again.

However, I have experienced about all of the sensations associated with AP when I do try. The strong vibrations shaking me head to toe, seeing through my eyelids, feeling a second body moving independant of my physical, sharp falling feelings, etc. This, along with all of the experiences from credible people makes me believe it, and thus in life after death. And I know that if I bothered to put in the time, I could project myself. But truth be told, I'm not the bravest person ever, and it is like a big "jump into the unknown" that I don't think I'm mentally prepared to take just yet

As for wondering what you are going to become, I wouldn't worry about too much. The weirder, darker stuff on the astral plane that you encounter like negative entities, etc is generally because of a person's choice to become that. Just keep on the level and things will be fine. lol. But now this is getting kinda off-topic so if you want to talk about AP you should probably U2U me or something.

PS: I love your music. Reach, The Mind Series, Dancing With The Alien, etc... Tis all awesome stuff dude.
. Haha. But that probably doesn't mean much coming from someone with Raffi in their signature:

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Yarcofin]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Oh I've been traveling on a boat and a plane
In a car on a bike with a bus and a train
Traveling there and traveling here
Everywhere in every gear

But oh Lord we pay the price with a
Spin of a wheel - with a roll of a dice
Ah yeah you pay your fare
And if you don't know where you're going
Any road will take you there