It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraq: Brit Soldiers Dressed As Arabs In car Packed With Explosives Captured

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I'm not too sure about the Christians, didn't some of their churches get blown up a while back by the insurgents.

No that was a Psy-Op, just like this one, just like all the times the occupation has tried to turn iraqies against each other.

For OVER 1 THOUSAND YEARS, Iraqi christians, and Iraqi muslims have been living together in PEACE. And it was only when the Occupation began in 2003, that the churches where bombed. SUPRISE SUPRISE!!!!!

"The fact that most of these groups are fighting to implement Islamic Law,"

Now that simply isn't the case. The only thing the resistance is fighting for is to free iraq.

Some of the resistance has communist idea's, some have theocratic ideas, some just have democratic ideas. But all iraqies have ideas about what they want for iraq in the future.
The resistance is just a unity of all those who want the occupation out, so that iraqies can finally and freely have an opportunity to decide what they really want.

Statement From Iraqi Communist Resistance (Cadres).

Note bad machine translation from spanish.

The spokesman of the Union of the Iraqian People has clarified in addition
that the resistance foreigners of islamista cut do not form, but is
integrated "in a 99 percent by Iraqi and he is not suní, since they want
to make believe the Americans", being the military (350.000) of the
previous army of Iraq those who largely compose it, along with Muslim and
nationalistic Iraqians (of the Baas party), in addition to Communists,
forming what Hamdan has denominated the "Muslim and Democratic Front of
Iraq", that looks for "its freedom" [/quote[

" but they are all split along Sunni and Shiite lines. "

NO. The resistance is united. And You and the Occupiers will never again Place a wedge between Brothers!!!!!!
Don't underestimate, the bond between family. You won't defeat it, it will defeat you.

I promise you that.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Second, They were SAS.

No one has said that they were SAS.

Oh yes they have:

Telegraph News

Five Iraqi civilians died in clashes surrounding the controversial operation to free two British SAS men captured in Basra, it was claimed today.

Confusion still surrounds whether British forces knocked down a prison wall, resulting in the escape of prisoners, in their attempt to rescue the two SAS men.

The capture of the SAS men came a day after British forces in Basra arrested two leading members of the outlawed Mahdi Army, which is loyal to firebrand cleric Muqtada al-Sadr and is widely believed to have heavily infiltrated police in the city.

So, who were they by your Opinion?

Two Armed men dressed in Civilan Clothing?

Men in Black?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
Some of the resistance has communist idea's, some have theocratic ideas, some just have democratic ideas. But all iraqies have ideas about what they want for iraq in the future.
The resistance is just a unity of all those who want the occupation out, so that iraqies can finally and freely have an opportunity to decide what they really want.

" but they are all split along Sunni and Shiite lines. "

There are, are there ? Name one group which doesn't chant ' Alluha Akbar ' when they go and bomb a market place. I have heard of no resistance groups which aren't injected with religion. Name some to prove me wrong, if you can.
I think it is widely known the Shiites want Islmaic LAw. So what happens when the US leaves and these other resistance groups ( as you claim ) decide to fight the Shiites because they don't want Islamic Law ?

'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'. Well until that current enemy has gone, then time to find a new one.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Name one group which doesn't chant ' Alluha Akbar ' when they go and bomb a market place.

A group of british SAS troops.

There are, are there ?

*sigh* read the post above.

From The Iraqi Communist Resistance (cadres)

Bad spanish translation.

"The spokesman of the Union of the Iraqian People has clarified in addition
that the resistance foreigners of islamista cut do not form, but is
integrated "in a 99 percent by Iraqi and he is not suní, since they want
to make believe the Americans", being the military (350.000) of the
previous army of Iraq those who largely compose it, along with Muslim and
nationalistic Iraqians (of the Baas party), in addition to Communists,
forming what Hamdan has denominated the "Muslim and Democratic Front of
Iraq", that looks for "its freedom"

Hang on i'll get you their official website.

And by the way, i do belive christians say "god is great" ( direct english translation of allahu akhbar) just as muslims do.

' "It's true that the Americans are Christians and we are Christians. But they should not associate us with them. All the Christians want the Americans to

get out and the occupation to end. Nobody is with the Americans," said Father Gabriel Shamami, who leads the St. George's Church in Baghdad.'

"I am a son of Iraq and I call on all Christians and Muslims to expel the Americans from Iraq," baghdadi added.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

Originally posted by Zaphod58
That would be why I started out with PERSONALLY I THINK. Because that is my OPINION on what happened.

Usually people try to make their opinions based on something, rather than wild assed guesses.

They weren't AT the jail. They were at a SAFEHOUSE that was operated by the militia. They were originally taken to the jail, but most of the police force has been infiltrated by the militia.

Not according to the article agent smith reported.

Second, They were SAS.

No one has said that they were SAS.

they're NOT going to miss

And yet they permited themselves to be captured by, according to some of the ideas being floated, known militiamen masquerading as police?

ss
THE TWO SPIES WHER DRESSED AS MEHDI ARMY RESITSANCE FIGHTERS

There is no uniform, these guys were wearing a black shirts, and the pictures oddly show that they were wearing combat fatigue pants and army boots.

rogue1
I thought ATS's role was also to debunk BS.

I think what cargo means is that the people who are saying 'this is nothing, don't discuss it' are the ones that should be ignored, whereas the people who are making arguments for either side are the ones who should continue to participate

Two British soldiers out of uniform driving around in a car, with no evidence of explosives, other than people accusing them. What they decided to go out for a Sunday drive?

According to a couple of articles, even the Iraqi Government said they were at a safe house, and had been handed over by the police after their capture.

"Just to add; It's being widely reported in the UK now that the two men arrested were SAS, and the MOD don't seem to be denying it. "
from Kegs
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Also based on the fact that most intel missions ARE run by SF troops, and going by the kit they were carrying.

Which would have been better? Allow yourself to be captured, knowing that your fellow soldiers will hear about it, and come after you, or engage in a running gun battle, when you know you're probably outgunned, and there will be many civilian casualties?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Two British soldiers out of uniform driving around in a car

On the other hand. One can also say Two british Covert operatives dressed up as arabs driving in a civilian car.

with no evidence of explosives, other than people accusing them.

ON the other hand on can say, with explosives , other than the people denying it.

What did they decide to go out to a sunday drive?

YOu tell me.

According to a couple of articles, even the Iraqi Government said they were at a safe house, and had been handed over by the police after their capture.

EVEN the iraqi puppet regime you say, WOW how unpredictable.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Name one group which doesn't chant ' Alluha Akbar ' when they go and bomb a market place.

A group of british SAS troops.

There are, are there ?

*sigh* read the post above.

From The Iraqi Communist Resistance (cadres)

BLAH, I would have read that before, if you had included it. Come on, you just edited your post after I had posted
Are you trying to play mind games with me ? It won't work

Also, seeing as there does appear to be a communist group. Wouldn't it therefore make sense that they'd attack the religious insurgents as well as the Coalition ? Seems pretty obvious as religion has no place in Communism. Once Coaltion forces leave it seem very obvious that these groups will clash.
It seems the rosy picture you paint of everyone being brithers in Iraq, will only last as long as it is expediant to do so, no more.

BTW, the Shiites do want Islamic law in Iraq

[edit on 21-9-2005 by rogue1]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Two British soldiers out of uniform driving around in a car

On the other hand. One can also say Two british Covert operatives dressed up as arabs driving in a civilian car.

with no evidence of explosives, other than people accusing them.

ON the other hand on can say, with explosives , other than the people denying it.

What did they decide to go out to a sunday drive?

YOu tell me.

EVEN the iraqi puppet regime you say, WOW how unpredictable.

God I'm so GLAD that there are people here that can tell me what I mean when I say things. I hate when I say things and don't actually mean what I say.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:25 AM
link   

RED MAGE

we don't know whether the police, for instance under threat of their own death, handed two soldiers over or what was the degree of collusion,"

INDEED! but threat of death by british forces it seems.

Keywords being "Don't Know!!"

police cars destroyed

WHICH BY THE WAY, The lying American/BRITISH officials INITIALLY DENIED.

I've never denied this

AND EVEN YOUR OWN SOURCES SUPPORT THE FACT THE TWO MEN WHERE AT THE POLICE STATION.

When British officials apparently sought to secure their release, riots erupted. Iraqi police cars circulated downtown, calling through loudspeakers for the public to help stop British forces from releasing the two.

They called them to come defend the police station. Not to come defend some psue-do safe house, which you have not shown any evidence of existance

What i've said was "However, if the actions of these two are even close to as bad as the allegations, I can see their frustration. If the proof was to be ripped from their hands what were they to do. The troops had no masked men holding blades/guns to them in the pics, they were simply being detained and even the detainment is in debate, as for location, at the moment. "

how can you belive something which constantly lies, and distrust something that always turns out right?

I don't.

Do you read before you flame or just flame anyone who posts?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
i was talking to the american people in general.

I have nothing against you. I find your analysis intelligent.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:34 AM
link   

And by the way, i do belive christians say "god is great" ( direct english translation of allahu akhbar) just as muslims do.

I haven't heard of any Western soldiers chanting god is great when they go into battle. MAinly because they asren't fighting for god, rather their country. Besides kinda ridiculous chanting to some mythical being

' "It's true that the Americans are Christians and we are Christians. But they should not associate us with them. All the Christians want the Americans to get out and the occupation to end. Nobody is with the Americans," said Father Gabriel Shamami, who leads the St. George's Church in Baghdad.'

No doubt after he made this statement he was guranteed by the muslim militia's that they wouldn't bomb Christian churches or target Christian peoples, which seems to have stopped. Ummm....gee, that's surprising

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:37 AM
link   
"No doubt after he made this statement he was guranteed by the muslim militia's that they wouldn't bomb Christian churches or target Christian peoples, which seems to have stopped. Ummm....gee, that's surprising "

They made that statement, before the churches where bombed.

STay on topic please.

Redmage

I Skimmed through your post and miss interpreted it.

I stand correct, and i sincerely appologise. I hope you can forgive me.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Sure, but when Christians say this it's followed by an "Amen" instead of a "KABOOM!" My son (11) actually asked me once if it was Arabic for "I have a bomb".
Children seem to have a knack for getting directly to the issue.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:43 AM
link   
back to the topic at hand please dbates.

I think it's clear who has the bombs here, and it aint the iraqi resistance.

5 Civilians killed, to cover up the truth about these two british spies.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:47 AM
link   

i was talking to the american people in general.

I have nothing against you. I find your analysis intelligent.

The confusion stemmed from REDMAGE heading that section of your post.

I would add that generalizing "the american people" is a tad unfair though because in our defense, at this point, I would add that misinformation is not so much the issue (though I'm sure it/more will come) as NO information.

I was discussing this with workmates today and though many try to keep up with current events no one had heard anything about this info which is more the mass media's fault then their own.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:51 AM
link   

"No doubt after he made this statement he was guranteed by the muslim militia's that they wouldn't bomb Christian churches or target Christian peoples, which seems to have stopped. Ummm....gee, that's surprising "

They made that statement, before the churches where bombed.

Hmm is this truthful or are you just saying this to try and counter ? Don't forget you've been caught out in the past

Originally posted by dbates

Sure, but when Christians say this it's followed by an "Amen" instead of a "KABOOM!" My son (11) actually asked me once if it was Arabic for "I have a bomb".
Children seem to have a knack for getting directly to the issue.

LOL, how true. It seems they haven't been conditioned with political correctness at that age. I can quite easily see how your son could glean that meaning from the feverish rantings of that phrase, by these Islamic terrorists.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   

And so the cover up begins?

What would you classify as "behaving supicously" Shooting and perhaps killing a police man? What else was so supicous about them.

the source says they were grabbed for behaving suspicious and seen as gathering intel, not for killing a police officer as it says.

As if he wanted to ferment the idea that all they where doing was gathering information and not planting bomb?

i swore sombody say about car bombs and stuff. let me chek. maybe the Iraqi police change their minds and say roadside bombs instead.

So how did they seem like they where gathering information delta boy? Did they go around asking people questions with a pen and paper in hand??

thats the SAS. but i know u are being sarcastic.

No photos have come out of this supposed safe house we keep hearing about. Why is that. The Basra police seems to be saying that the two terrorists where snatched straight from the police station. I can't see how there was much time for them to be moved,.

li nk

The British said the soldiers had been handed over to a militia. The Basra governor confirmed the claim, saying the Britons were in the custody of the al-Mahdi Army, the militia controlled by radical Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr.

"The two British were being kept in a house controlled by militiamen when the rescue operation took place," said Gov. Mohammed al-Waili.

"Police who are members of the militia group took them to a nearby house after jail authorities learned the facility was about to be stormed," he said, demanding that the British soldiers be handed over to local authorities for trial. He would not say what charges they might face.

wat was it about safe house again SyrianSister?

[edit on 21-9-2005 by deltaboy]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Has any gov. agency issued an official report as to what took place?

Yes, although conspiracy leads to the assumption of a report being bogus and just a cover up, someone would have to take some responsiblity for the actions of the said SAS agents.

I'm not sure where the 'facts' are coming from or what is credible. I got lost somewhere along the way...

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Delta boy

i've already delt with that source already, please read the above.

(points upwards)

Redmage

Quote:
"THE RULES!!!! On the contrary, check guantanamo, no uniform = enemy combatant thus fourth "the rules" do not apply to the two."

PRECISLEY.

And to think 5 civilians where murdered, just so these two enemy combatants can go free.

International Law is clear.
Those without unifrom or a clear indication that they are fighters do not fall under the Third geneva conventions. And those who don't have civilian status, are not protected under the fourth Geneva convention. Hence these two Spies are not elligable For POW status.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:30 AM
link   
And since when have the insurgents, of for that matter, when did IRAQ go by the Geneva Convention? *snort*

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join