It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brittish troops held in Iraq - Oooops!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Just to add; It's being widely reported in the UK now that the two men arrested were SAS, and the MOD don't seem to be denying it.

EDIT: Just heard on BBC radio that it's been confirmed they are SAS.

[edit on 20-9-2005 by kegs]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:54 AM
link   
From what ive read it seems that the army was afraid that two of their soldiers had been handed over to the militia rather than any legitimate authority and unsurprisngly were afraid for their lives, leading to the raid.

Nothing wrong there. Even if the two men did shoot civilians they should be dealt with by the proper authorities.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
had explosives and remote detonators.

This image has just come out.

link

"The Iraqi security officials on Monday variously accused two Britons they detained of shooting at Iraqi forces or TRYING TO PLANT EXPLOSIVES." Washington Post, Ellen Knickmeyer, 9-20-05; "British Smash into Jail to Free Two Detained Soldiers"

- with the light of a thousand suns-

Dbates.

If those particular Basra police, who arrested the british spies where actually working in the resistance.

Then tell me why Dbates, would they chase and stop a car which looked like it had fellow iraqi resistance fighters in it, like themselves.

---------------------

As for what i failed to notice, just because some american official says something doesn't make it true. Isn't that the same arguement you make about what iraqies say?

well let's look at the images that we have. We have to captured brits in civilian clothes, we have pictures of riots, we have pictures of a completely devasted police station and crushed police cars, we have pictures of explosives.

We don't have any pictures of any raid on any Mehdi army who had captured these men.

Will such pictures ever come out? If so, wouldn't they have come out already?

i bet it'll take a month before such photos are holiwood produced. if in fact they ever come out.

*fixed world's longest link

[edit on 20-9-2005 by dbates]

cheers dbates

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I was wondering when this would come out. I know everyone has noticed the increase in "insurgent" violence. the "allies"(us, britain, austrailia, etc) were at a road block since the sacking of bahgdad. they already beat the iraqi army, who was left to fight? I'm not saying all of the violence is coalition stuff. the things they show that are amateur at the best are probably iraqis trying to through things together. but in most suicide attacks in the us or england or nigeria for that matter, they figure out who the suicide bombers were. we have names, places, means in a couple of weeks. isn't it strange that, for all the attacks occuring on a day to day basis in bagdad, they only have named a couple of bombers? nay, I think the coalition forces have been detonating bombs and blaming it on insurgents so the Iraqi people will stop looking at the coalition as occupiers and viewing them as protectors.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Has it not occurred to anyone who thinks we're doing the bombs ourselves that the sooner peace breaks out and the bombings stop, then we can leave? Why would we want to prolong our stay?

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by passengername
but in most suicide attacks in the us or england or nigeria for that matter, they figure out who the suicide bombers were. we have names, places, means in a couple of weeks. isn't it strange that, for all the attacks occuring on a day to day basis in bagdad, they only have named a couple of bombers? nay, I think the coalition forces have been detonating bombs and blaming it on insurgents so the Iraqi people will stop looking at the coalition as occupiers and viewing them as protectors.

Ahem right. NOw I don't think you're stupid, but the differences between Iraq and Britain and America are blatantly obvious. Do you think that if London had 4-5 suicide attacks a day they'd be able to track the bomber down so easily. I don't think so. Use some common sense, please. Deny Ignorance.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Syrian Sister
had explosives and remote detonators.

This image has just come out.

LOL, they did, did they. Are you an expert, can you identify the remote detonators and explosives in the picture ? I didn't think so. If I posted a picture of a plane and said it as a helicopter, it wouldn't make it so

Just as your picture doesn't show explosives or remote detonators.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:14 AM
link   
And i suppose your an expert too then. How can you be so sure it doesn't.

Anyway i'm going by what the iraqi puppet police said, they where there, and they saw it for themselves and obviously they had cause to be suspicous or they wouldn't imprison their own masters.

Isn't it odd how the western media ussually didn't publish the puppet police's accusations about the spies carriyng them.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I don't claim to be an expert, but I can tell you that there aren't explosives in there. And according to the articles, the POLICE aren't saying they were planting them. It is from several GOVERNMENT sources that is claiming that they were.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
, the POLICE aren't saying they were planting them. It is from several GOVERNMENT sources that is claiming that they were.

RIiiiiight.

www.washingtonpost.com...

By: Jonathan Finer and Omar Fekeiki on: 20.09.2005 [02:02] (670 reads)
Washington Post Foreign Service

Monday's clashes stemmed from the arrest by Iraqi police on Sunday of two Britons, whom Iraqi police accused of planting bombs.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by Syrian Sister]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Ok, I admit I was wrong about that. I've been following so many threads, I misremembered.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Atleast you admit when your wrong

I respect that.

That's more than what most posters do.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:03 PM
link   
A) You may notice "accused" , what happened to the "inocent until proven guilty" persoective or is that only appliable to terorirsts?

B) Can you identify for me the explosives? All I see is standard kit.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:38 PM
link   
DEVILWASP has a pint - the iraqis adnit that thier loyalty rate is ONLY 25% assured . but many folk believe everything the iraqis say hook line and sinker - yet these are the same foces who harbour folks who may have stated this entire brohaa , and are alledgedly turned prisnoners over to malitias

the fact they ignored directives from bagdhad is undisputed

QUOTE :"Can you identify for me the explosives? All I see is standard kit."

yup , DEVILWASP did you notice the much feared " SAS cordlessdrill "
too ??

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Anyone think that maybe they where in civies to get themselves closer to a known ammo dump, or a known resistance strong point...its much easier to get closer dressed in arab civies than destroy the objective by using tanks and they cant see you coming from miles away...everyone thinks "ooohhh yes, the brits are # stirring to provoke a civil war" but maybe it was just a good old fashioned attempt at sabotage, just like the SAS destroyed afrika korp installations using the same methods in the second world war !!

Good on em!!

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
DEVILWASP has a pint - the iraqis adnit that thier loyalty rate is ONLY 25% assured . but many folk believe everything the iraqis say hook line and sinker - yet these are the same foces who harbour folks who may have stated this entire brohaa , and are alledgedly turned prisnoners over to malitias

the fact they ignored directives from bagdhad is undisputed

With respect, not all iraqis are like that...I mean tim collins was saved by them no thanks to the british army after being accused of warcrimes by the US.

QUOTE :"Can you identify for me the explosives? All I see is standard kit."

yup , DEVILWASP did you notice the much feared " SAS cordlessdrill "
too ??

Hey I've heard the stories about pongos
I dont want to know what the SAS do with drills on lonely nights....

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:19 PM
link   
QUOTE :" With respect, not all iraqis are like that...I mean tim collins was saved by them no thanks to the british army after being accused of warcrimes by the US. "

appologies - i meant that SOME iraqis are considered disloyal and " in bed with the enemy " by thier OWN command

yet SOME people believe everything said by ANY iraqi , no matter what his motives may be , orn his ideology

does that make my view ` clearer ` ?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
QUOTE :" With respect, not all iraqis are like that...I mean tim collins was saved by them no thanks to the british army after being accused of warcrimes by the US. "

appologies - i meant that SOME iraqis are considered disloyal and " in bed with the enemy " by thier OWN command

Yes I know what you meant , no need to apologise, just makeing sure that everyone knew..

yet SOME people believe everything said by ANY iraqi , no matter what his motives may be , orn his ideology

does that make my view ` clearer ` ?

That I do agree with, and that does make it clearer thanks mate lol

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

rouge1

Ahem right. NOw I don't think you're stupid, but the differences between Iraq and Britain and America are blatantly obvious. Do you think that if London had 4-5 suicide attacks a day they'd be able to track the bomber down so easily. I don't think so. Use some common sense, please. Deny Ignorance.

ok, so we can't figure out 1% percent of iraqi bombers. America spends HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars and we can't figure out where these bombs are coming from? when was the last time you heard about coalition forces figuring out who did what? don't you realize that the whole war was started for reasons we STILL don't know about (though we can speculate)? OIL. POSITION. When the MAN can't point to something to justify their actions, they CREATE IT! I mean, their mostly blowing up IRAQIS, don't you think that a few iraqis would come forward and provide information?

PS. I don't think you're STUPID either.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by passengername]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Upon first reading, I thought...
This has got to be a cut out from the Onion, or other joke rag...

Afterall, why would brits shoot at the people that we are trying to "help"?

But with all the points being raised (by the non paid members) I can only think that I have been naive in my assessment of Iraq...

I thought it was just a screwup, that we would try to live through...
but there seems to be much more... and these type of tactics are obviously being used (against international law) so Who do we beleive...

Now we have the good guys, attacking the good guys...
Does anyone else have 9-11 flashbacks from this? is some of the mystery made clear, when you allow that our military will do false flag ops to get the results that they want...

Syrian sister... I feel for you... I see most of your points...except the shia and sunni (sic) situation... Iraq may be the exception, but generally, they get along no better than catholics and protestants... and usually much worse...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join