It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Why?...

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
does the 9th degree apron of the Scottish Rite have a severed head on it as seen here on The Forbidden Knowledge site
Forbidden Knowledge

and the 10 degree apron has 3 severed heads on it. Its also interesting that you don't see them in the Masonic stores. They show a different one or they fold it over to conceal and never reveal its image.

[edit on 19-9-2005 by TgSoe]
[edit corrected quote coding -nygdan]

[edit on 24-9-2005 by Nygdan]




posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TgSoe
does the 9th degree apron of the Scottish Rite have a severed head on it ...
and the 10 degree apron has 3 severed heads on it. Its also interesting that you don't see them in the Masonic stores. They show a different one or they fold it over to conceal and never reveal its image.


That's because they're different. Some versions of the Aprons show roses instead of severed heads. The ones showing the heads allude to the three murderers of Hiram. In the 9°, 10°, and 11° of the Scottish Rite, the murderers are apprehended and are executed by beheading for their crimes.

These Aprons are sort of quaint, and aren't widely used anymore. The official Apron of the 9° does not have a severed head, but shows a candle burning in darkness.

www.srmason-sj.org...

[edit on 19-9-2005 by Masonic Light]



posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:35 AM
link   
oh man another Mason Conspiracy proved wrong



posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by japike
oh man another Mason Conspiracy proved wrong


Not really; I mean the heads are part of the symbolism, even if it's not widely used anymore. In Morals and Dogma, there is a picture at the beginning of each chapter, and the severed heads can be seen there, too.

www.sacred-texts.com...

www.sacred-texts.com...

I had wondered about that myself, actually.



posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The rituals deal with the pursuit and killing of the murderers of Hiram Abif (and one of the Masons as well because he killed them without bringing them to trial)
An abridged version of the rituals are here in...you know where.
www.freemasonry101.org.uk...

You can dismiss Masonic Lites usual nonsense out of hand - he seems to delight in piling on the BS.

Methinks he's in one of those "special" MIDAS lodges for "special" Freemasons who are all (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) 33rd Degrees



posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
The rituals deal with the pursuit and killing of the murderers of Hiram Abif (and one of the Masons as well because he killed them without bringing them to trial)



As I mentioned above, those degrees concern bringing the assasins of Hiram to justice. However, Necros claim that a Mason is executed for killing the assasins is false.



posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light

Originally posted by MrNECROS
The rituals deal with the pursuit and killing of the murderers of Hiram Abif (and one of the Masons as well because he killed them without bringing them to trial)



As I mentioned above, those degrees concern bringing the assasins of Hiram to justice. However, Necros claim that a Mason is executed for killing the assasins is false.


If Necros had actually read it, he would know that.



from Necros’ own link - bottom of p. 104

Solomon was at first very much offended that it had been put out of his power to take vengeance in the presence of, and as a warning to, the rest of the workmen, and ordered the guards to put his favorite to death; but by the intercession of his brethren he was pardoned for his zeal, and they became reconciled. Solomon established the grade of Knights Elect of Nine, and conferred it upon the nine companions.



posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
It says here in A bridge To Light - "The arm holding a dagger reminds us of the execution of the sentence registered in heaven against ignorance and error. The hand holding the bloody head represents the just punishment of those who degrade and brutalize the human soul, by hiding from it the light of knowledge. "



posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Note: I'm not a masonry expert in any way.

That being said, the symbolism of a severed head is seen frequently throughout esoteric groups, mythologies, folk lore, etc. There are really too many to enumerate, but a few of the biggies include the severed head of John the Baptist, the severed, and singing head of Orpheus and the head of Medusa as a tool of Perseus and a symbol of Athena. Frequently you hear mention to reverence to a severed head(s). Much of this might relate to reference to the top sefirot of the Cabalistic Tree of Life, Kether, the crown or head. Also, there could by an overlaying of symbols connecting the human head or skull to the sun. Of course the number three is always important in symbolism especially systems drawing from sacred geometry.



posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cicada
Note: I'm not a masonry expert in any way.

That being said, the symbolism of a severed head is seen frequently throughout esoteric groups, mythologies, folk lore, etc. There are really too many to enumerate, but a few of the biggies include the severed head of John the Baptist, the severed, and singing head of Orpheus and the head of Medusa as a tool of Perseus and a symbol of Athena. Frequently you hear mention to reverence to a severed head(s). Much of this might relate to reference to the top sefirot of the Cabalistic Tree of Life, Kether, the crown or head. Also, there could by an overlaying of symbols connecting the human head or skull to the sun. Of course the number three is always important in symbolism especially systems drawing from sacred geometry.



I watched Alison wonderland a while back and was surprised at how the Queen in the cartoon wanted everyone's head to come off. "Off with his head" must have been said a hundred times. What a gory cartoon. Thats interesting you mention singing head, I read in Eliphas Levi's works how a demon speaks through a severed head and imparts wisdom to the occultist and onlookers.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by TgSoe]



posted on Sep, 23 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Ummm - considering I actually posted the relevent text (page 104) about King Solomon executing his favorite for his over-zealousness...maybe you want to actually read the damn thing?


But yes he does pardon him in the end.

[edit on 23-9-2005 by MrNECROS]



posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
Ummm - considering I actually posted the relevent text (page 104) about King Solomon executing his favorite for his over-zealousness...maybe you want to actually read the damn thing?


But yes he does pardon him in the end.


I did read it.


Either he was executed, or he was pardoned. Can't be both.

As we can see from the text, he was pardoned, therefore not executed. End of story.

[edit on 9/24/05 by The Axeman]



posted on Sep, 24 2005 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrNECROS
You can dismiss Masonic Lites usual nonsense out of hand - he seems to delight in piling on the BS.

Methinks he's in one of those "special" MIDAS lodges for "special" Freemasons who are all (nudge-nudge, wink-wink) 33rd Degrees





Are you refering to the Ancient and Heroic Order of the Gordian Knot Necross? I searched Midas and came up with an interesting article here -

mill-valley.freemasonry.biz...



posted on Sep, 25 2005 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Scratch that last post Mr necross. You are referring to the Illuminati. Masonic light is in the Illuminati. The inner invisible Freemasonry, that doesn't exist.




top topics



 
0

log in

join