It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran war being plotted

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:37 PM
link   
This was CNN an hour ago:

CNN : U.S. Europeans plot Iran strategy

At UN, Iranian President has vowed to export nuclear technology to other Islamic leaders.

Is he is asking to be bombed !

I would say Iran war is less than 2 years away.

[edit on 18-9-2005 by mr conspiracy]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I don't like this at all. :shk:

Hey Bush--just leave the Middle East alone, okay? We don't want any more pointless wars!

*Note--I'm not anti-war, I'm just against unjust, unconstitutional wars.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst

Hey Bush--just leave the Middle East alone, okay? We don't want any more pointless wars!

i understand what you are saying in regards to the iraq war, but come on, this guy is talking about nuclear proliferation throughout the muslim world. youve got to admit that can never be a good thing. the first arabic country to possess nuclear weapons is going to immediately drop one on israel, who will retaliate (or launch a preemptive strike), and the world is over, because it snowballs from there. period. is it right that israel already possesses them? probably not, but their doctrine is not to annhialate (sp?) all arab countries. all arab countries want to destroy them, and will given the chance. and come on, lets be serious about this "nuclear energy" thing....iran is sitting on top of enough oil to run its country for hundreds of years.....they dont need nuclear energy, they just want nucs.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:28 PM
link   
You know, we don't really know for a *fact* if Iran's leaders actually said that. All we know, much of the time, we get from *our* media. It seems to me that much of our "news" is actually a bunch of lies.

What I'm saying is, I have my doubts. Think Ministry of Truth from 1984.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I agree with Amethyst, I think that Bush and Cheney are a nuclear war looking for a place to happen and will use any excuse that can contrive.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:17 PM
link   

It is not an unjust war. There is a considerable amount of evidence in there own actions. They cannot be allowed to freeley distribute such technology. I made a point about why taking the bull by the horns on nuclear technology is essential, sometime ago, not going to go into that again but..

The sources arnt just the goverment, news agencies amateur news agencies, not forgetting Iran's actions. Saying one thing doing another.

But hopefully It can be solved diplomatically, although doubtful.

Vorta

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:28 PM
link   
If Iran attacks us first, then fine, go in there and kick some butt.

If we attack Iran first, don't think other countries won't jump in and help.

Either way, it seems, we're screwed.

But we can't just go in and invade a country because we "think" they "might" attack us!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:47 PM
link   

But we can't just go in and invade a country because we "think" they "might" attack us!

Isn't that ocurred in Iraq?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Isn't that ocurred in Iraq?

Unfortunately, yes. And BushCo keeps cycling through the various reasons we're over there--and I doubt any one of them is true.

One of the most ridiculous I've ever heard was "We have to take the fight over there or we'll be fighting them here." C'mon, that is just retarded! If those terrorists REALLY want to attack us, they're not gonna be too busy in Iraq to do so!

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:49 PM
link   

We have been attacked about 4 times because of that mentality.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by snafu7700

i understand what you are saying in regards to the iraq war, but come on, this guy is talking about nuclear proliferation throughout the muslim world. youve got to admit that can never be a good thing. the first arabic country to possess nuclear weapons is going to immediately drop one on israel, who will retaliate (or launch a preemptive strike), and the world is over, because it snowballs from there. period. is it right that israel already possesses them? probably not, but their doctrine is not to annhialate (sp?) all arab countries. all arab countries want to destroy them, and will given the chance. and come on, lets be serious about this "nuclear energy" thing....iran is sitting on top of enough oil to run its country for hundreds of years.....they dont need nuclear energy, they just want nucs.

There's a muslim country that already has the bomb. It's called Pakistan, and it's had it for about 10 years with delivery system.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:09 PM
link   
And if this war happen, what will do Russia and China?? They will not give up them oil like that... Because if they don't have oil, they don't have power and if they don't have power, the US can invade easily China and I don't think so that China will like this...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23

We have been attacked about 4 times because of that mentality.

Would you name those times?

If you're talking Pearl Harbor, FDR was in on a conspiracy to bring America into WWII.

If you're talking 9/11, our government was complicit in that.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:48 PM
link   

There's a muslim country that already has the bomb. It's called Pakistan, and it's had it for about 10 years with delivery system.

that's why if you read my post, i say muslim and arabic.....besides, pakistan has enough to worry about with india.

Sep

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:17 AM
link   

that's why if you read my post, i say muslim and arabic.....besides, pakistan has enough to worry about with india.

Well I guess you have nothing to worry about then since Iran, a none-Arab country offered nuclear technology to Turkey, also a none-Arab country and a part of NATO.

All countries in the NPT have the obligation to share peaceful technology with fellow NPT signatories. I don’t see any reason for everyone to panic when Iran offers the technology to a country in need.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:33 AM
link   
ok, i'll take my lumps on that one...i just have always thought of iran as an arab country...but it would appear its not. but it is quite radically islamic, as opposed to pakistan an turkey, both of which are much more moderate (and western allies). mark my words, if iran acquires nukes, they will use them.

Sep

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 12:45 AM
link   

ok, i'll take my lumps on that one...i just have always thought of iran as an arab country...but it would appear its not.

Approximately 3% of the population is Arab. Then the majority are Persian and the second ethnic group who are closely related to Persians are the Azaris.

Originally posted by snafu7700but it is quite radically islamic, as opposed to pakistan an turkey, both of which are much more moderate (and western allies).

Pakistan moderate? Are you sure? How do you come to that conclusion? The most radical Islamic schools are there, the Taliban were strongly backed by the Pakistani government until its collapse (Iran was about to attack the Taliban in the late 90s but had to back down because of threats by the Pakistani government). Elements of al-Qaede are in Pakistan.

Originally posted by snafu7700mark my words, if iran acquires nukes, they will use them.

May I ask how you come to that conclusion? I mean Iran has had other forms of WMDs such as chemical weapons for decades now but has shown restraint and has not used it against anyone. Last time Iran attacked a neighbour was in the mid 1700s. That is a fairly peaceful history. What makes you think that they will go against all logic and attack the US?

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:21 AM
link   

the Taliban were strongly backed by the Pakistani government until its collapse

until the pakistani president got some backbone and helped us remove the taliban (with considerable threat to his own safety and stability to his own country...both of which he has overcome)

Elements of al-Qaede are in Pakistan

elements of al-quede are in almost every country in the world at present.

I mean Iran has had other forms of WMDs such as chemical weapons for decades now but has shown restraint and has not used it against anyone.

except maybe for that little ten year war against iraq....both sides used chemical weapons

Last time Iran attacked a neighbour was in the mid 1700s. That is a fairly peaceful history.

dont remember 1979 too well i guess...

What makes you think that they will go against all logic and attack the US?

maybe it has something to do with all the "death to america and the zionist pig" speeches that get preached from the mullahs on a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Last time Iran attacked a neighbour was in the mid 1700s. That is a fairly peaceful history.

dont remember 1979 too well i guess...

As far as I know, Iraq started the Iran-Iraq war www.antiwar.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
If you knew that there was a possibliity you could go to war with another country, for whatever reason, then wouldn't it make sense to have plans in place, so that you don't end up throwing forces into the battle a few at a time, and letting them be outnumbered and in a desperate situation? it's just common sense that you would want to at least have the plans ready. It doesn't mean that you're going to attack them if you have plans, you are just being prepared for that eventuality.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join