It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney to get rid of Bush?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:04 PM
link   
We all know Bush isn't the smartest of people. I finished watching Season 2 of 24 today when it hit me.

Cheney tasked Stratcom with drawing up plans on Iran...

We all know Cheney wants war. Nuclear. Problem is, the nuclear codes arent in his pocket. Perhaps he's upset about that?

It would be an ideal time for Cheney to get rid of Bush. Prove he is incapable of running for office (section 4, 25th amendment) - which isnt a hard task considering its Bush...convince a majority of the cabinet to agree, and bingo...

anyone agree? Or am I just plain wrong

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It'll never happen. At least not with Bush. Possibly with a future bumbling and Carter-like President.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Hmmm.....I'm letting my imagination run wild...what if Bush were to meet an untimely end by the hand of a "terrorist" from the evil axis? Cheney might get his cake and get to eat it too. Just being silly...really

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
It'll never happen. At least not with Bush. Possibly with a future bumbling and Carter-like President.

Alright let's leave the liberal bashing for PTS.

Now back onto the topic at hand. I have to admit, it's possible but unlikely. After all if you look at Bush's approval ratings, he's not too popular. Competant president or not, Bush isn't the most popular guy out there.

I'm not trying to bash either side but it's not like Bush is all to popular. And remember, politics isn't about competence, it's just a popularity contest.

But on the other hand I'm not quite sure if Bush's approval ratings are quite low enough for Cheney to take power. Sure Bush isn't popular, but he's still got plenty of supporters in the American public and in Washington. So it seems unlikely that Bush could just be deposed (when it comes down to it thats all it is, a bloodless coup) under the current situation. That and another thing to consider is who's considered more trustworthy? Bush or Cheney? Not to drag too much politics into the mess, but it seems that more people would choose Bush.

Then again Cheney does have a bit more support from Halliburton and friends so finances might give him a slight advantage.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Oh, gotta love political intrigue. You know what, the guy who tried to kill Reagan, his father or some other relative was a friend of Daddy Bush. Interesting, huh?

I hear Daddy Bush was basically the one running the show from 1981 on.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Alright let's leave the liberal bashing for PTS.

Maybe you need to read my post again. In fact, read it three times. I didn't even come close to "liberal bashing." I made a reference to Jimmy Carter and his terrible presidency. Just because Jimmy Carter happened to be a Democrat does not mean that I was bashing the entire liberal gang. And just so you know for future reference, a liberal is not always a democrat and a democrat is not always a liberal. It's even debatable to call Jimmy Carter, a former US Navy Submarine Commander, a "liberal." But I'm not here to put labels on anyone and neither should you be.

Anyway, regardless of Bush's approval rating (even if it dips much lower) there would never be a move by Cheney for power. He's been able to accomplish everything he's wanted to so far, and will be able to accomplish anything he has left to, simply from having the ear and the trust of the President. Cheney trying to unseat Bush, regardless of any Constitutional validity (this isn't 24), would cause political chaos on this country from supporters and enemies of Bush alike. If the American people want to get Bush out of office, they're not about to settle for a more extreme version of him (Cheney).

Although the execution of this particular clause in the 25th Amendment may someday be used to remove an acting president, I'd be willing to bet the house that it won't happen to Bush.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amethyst
Oh, gotta love political intrigue. You know what, the guy who tried to kill Reagan, his father or some other relative was a friend of Daddy Bush. Interesting, huh?

John Hinkley was the shooter and Scott Hinkley, Johns brother was meeting with Neil Bush one of the presidents brothers the day before for dinner.
www.google.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by magnito_student

Originally posted by Amethyst

John Hinkley was the shooter and Scott Hinkley, Johns brother was meeting with Neil Bush one of the presidents brothers the day before for dinner.
www.google.com...

*snaps fingers* That's it. I knew there were some ties somewhere.

A lot of people think the "trying to impress Jodie Foster" thing is complete nonsense.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Cheney wont get rid of Bush, he needs him as the fall guy. Beside Barbra would never let that happen to her son.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Maybe...

But Bush does look like a puppet already, so getting rid of him would be the next step. He is certainly incompetent, I just wonder whether Cheney would have the balls (or support) to go ahead.

new topics

top topics

join