It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Paranormal Studies

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Welcome to Paranormal Studies

Most of you know me but I have spent most of my time in the WOT and PTS forums. This is kind of a return to my roots for me because the study of the Paranormal and UFOS is what brought me to ATS to begin with.

I have always been interested in the Paranormal since I was a child and am a Ghost Hunter in Real Life, just like the Plumbers...lol. I also have a fairly large Liberary on the subject of Ghosts, Demons, Ghost Hunting, Religion, Etc. I myself am a skeptic and do not believe that every dust mote caught on film is "Grandma" but have seen some pretty interesting things that can not be explained IMO.

I feel like my job as FSME is to enhance your time spent in my Forum in whatever matter I can. I will be happy to answer any questions that I can, help you in your own "Ghost Hunting",and pretty much anything else that will make your time here better. Some of the things we have done in the past is Controled Remote Viewing Experiments and Trips to Haunted Places.

I am looking forward to any questions might ask or sugestions you might have as to future experiments.

Thanks

Amuk

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:38 PM
link   
OK, in reply to your offer of answering questions.

A few days ago i awoke to find the "sensation" of someones fingers across my forehead. I was actually awake, and i still felt the presence there. It was not a dream, nor was i suffering from a night out on the beer.

It did not scare me, it more like unnerved me a bit, because i could find, nor see anything that could explain this.

This is not the only thing that has happened to me. 10 years ago a similar occurrence happened. I had finished a 12 hour night shift during the summer. It was warm and humid, so i slept without any covers or clothing.
I awoke to to feel the sensation of two hands around my ankles,trying to pull me to-wards the bottom of the bed. It was daylight and about 9.00am ish. This as well did not scare me, but i haven't forgot it either.

Any theories on this, or can you shed some light on the significance of it?

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Bikereddie]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:48 PM
link   
We have had a similar experince at our house.....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Try reading the thread (its short) and let me know if your experence was similar.I will post some more info there

See you there

[edit on 18-9-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Just read through the link you supplied. Interseting reading, and a lot of good replies.

I think i need some answers to my experiance though. Looking forward to some of the more in depth replies from our resident experts on this subject.

Im gunna be following this thread for a while

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
I think i need some answers to my experience though

The problem is that most of the time there is no "Answers" to the questions. Depending on who you talk to it could be Poltergeists, playful Ghosts, Dreaming etc.

To get in-depth I would prefer you to start a thread on the subject, maybe you could give me a bit more info there.

Did both events happen at the same place?
Does the place have a history of such events?
Has it happened more than those two times?
Has anyone else experenced it?

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Amuk, as one of the Paranormal mods, I'd like to "welcome" you to the Paranormal Forum in your new role as FSME.
I've learned a lot in Paranormal in the last few months and look forward to whatever you bring to this forum.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To keep this thread open for suggestions, in the future just post your question and send me a U2U and I will try to help you with an answer. I might not have an answer for every U2U but I WILL answer every U2U

In this thread I would like to hear any suggestions like our remote veiwing experiments.

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
Amuk, as one of the Paranormal mods, I'd like to "welcome" you to the Paranormal Forum in your new role as FSME.
I've learned a lot in Paranormal in the last few months and look forward to whatever you bring to this forum.

Thanks

I am looking forward to being here

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Welcome Amuk and thanks for the into. Ive known you as long as I have been here and had no idea that you hunted ghosts
Learn something new everyday.

Congrats

Fred

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Hi Amuk,
I am brand new here, and this forum is my absolute favorite already. I have a question, or actually it's a few questions:

1 Have you ever had the experience of a poltergeist wanting to get even with you for meddling in someone else's affairs? or have you documented cases of that? I have had previous nasty experiences that lead me to believe this is so.

2. Are some people more likely to attract psychic energy as beacons more than others?

3. Have you studied any cases where it seemed like an entity had followed one person or group around where ever they lived?
Once again, have had many experiences personally that makes me think so.

Any input would be really cool. This has been going on almost my entire life.

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by denial28
Hi Amuk,
I am brand new here, and this forum is my absolute favorite already. I have a question, or actually it's a few questions:

I have started a thread for the answers

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is the kind of stuff I love investigating

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Great to have you onboard the paranormal forums, Amuk!
I don't do much ghost hunting, but am always into a good read on anything paranormal. I look forward to some good exchanges in the future with you.

Regards,
TA

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Cool Amuk, I too did not know you were a real live ghost hunter.

I'm sure you know who Ed and Lorraine Warren are and my question for you is what are your opinions about their supposed experiences with the supernatural? Levitations? Dematerialization of things such as doors and couches and household appliances? Have you ever read the book The Demonologist by Gerald Brittle about the Warren's experiences? IMO it's the most terrifying book I've ever read. I had a hard time sleeping after reading it.

Peace

posted on Sep, 19 2005 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
I'm sure you know who Ed and Lorraine Warren are and my question for you is what are your opinions about their supposed experiences with the supernatural?

I will have to look into my libreary on this one the name doesnt ring a bell.

The Book sounds interesting I will have to "Amazon" it

posted on Oct, 17 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Had any interesting experiments recently? Specifically in ghost stuff or (obviously lol) remote viewing?
Havent been around in a long time and am looking for anything new/interesting to read.

posted on Oct, 20 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   
you know i always wanted to be one of those......How do you get hired and what do they assign you to do? do you guys actually get paid?

posted on Oct, 21 2005 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Welcome back shidge

I am inbetween Computers now so I am not on very often till I get another one but I would like to pick up our experiments if you would like. You have had an AMAZING track record at it. You have come close to 100% on every one.

Originally posted by junkeroo
you know i always wanted to be one of those......How do you get hired and what do they assign you to do? do you guys actually get paid?

We dont get paid we do it for fun. The easiest way is to just get some equiptment and some friends and start checking out some of the haunted places in your area. One of the best pieces of evidence we have got was picked up on a cheap handheld recorder (EVP of a little girls voice in the room she haunted)

Mostly you just need some recorders and Camcorders and you are set. We use several different kind of cameras and recorders and an few things to record temputure and EM, etc. You can start cheap and add equiptment as you go, and its a fun way to spend the weekend.

posted on Oct, 22 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would be willing to try some more experiments, although im in school now so my schedule might not be the best. But im certainly up for it.

I have tried it with my new roommate (hes into "paranormal" stuff - ghosts, ufos, lochness, bigfoot, etc - so it wasnt TOO awkward to bring up that 'I can kindof see things from far away') and he was surprised when I very specifically described his old house lol

Speaking of, does anyone know of ghosts/hauntings/other interesting stuff in Central Texas? Austin/Temple/Killeen/Waco'ish

posted on Oct, 25 2005 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm just curious, is there any major or career that deals with the paranormal and unexplained.

Beside a cryptozoologist that is...

I mean like to study the whole ESP phenomenon or like the Telekinesis phenomenon or aura phenomenon.

posted on Nov, 1 2005 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
I'm just curious, is there any major or career that deals with the paranormal and unexplained.

I am sure there is but this is just a hobby for me. There is nothing like spending the night in a Haunted Insane Asylum

I have not made a penny off my Investigations, as a matter of fact I have turned down money from a certian TV show that wanted me to FIND ghosts for them. I am a skeptic most places I have checked we have come up with NOTHING.

But I have seen and recorded things that could not be explained, right now I am trying to get a EVP tape cleaned up enough for a Pod Cast. In it can clearly be heard a little girls voice scream in the room she was killed in.

I have been away for a while but now have my computer set back up and will be here every day again.

Frank

top topics

<<   2 >>

join