It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hutchison Effect...why hasn't this been researched more?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I was going to start a thread about this, but did a search and found this thread.

All good comments on both sides, and well worthy of a bump on this thread.

My two questions as stated by two posters are.

One poster said his lab was destoyed, by apparently the Canadian Goverment?

Does this not sound odd.

And then someone said, his eqiupemnt was confiscated and not given back, by a goverment.

Does this not sound odd.

I understand that he probally is not 100% sure how he performs this, but thats called research no?
And if certain parties wished to stifle his research, it wouldnt be hard would it.

Power to the people.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:12 PM
link   
In the first video, why does the water have to wiggle out of the cup in one piece? Why would you describe the crumpling of a plastic bottle and the fake levitation of water as a single effect anyway?

It has been changed in the past year, but the Wikipedia article used to have a second video to watch, and at the end of it you could see a string in the camera shot that was being pulled up and down with whatever he was levitating.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   
No disrespect, but if you read the whole thread i think they discuss this a lot.

I think the water, has been speculated as being some kinda gel, that would give the affect of being water.
But that's a skeptic view, I'm undecided.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Did you watch the video closely. SOME of the shots where it only shows his hands, LOOKS DOCTORED. It doesnt have the same grain quality as the rest of the video. Clips and snips?

Well, possibly. But, it is questionable. I will have to view the website to really get an idea of it's validity..

I am not a scientist, but at first the video looked plausible and believable. but some of the shots seem rigged.

Did he achieve the anitigravity tech and still rig some shots to show more imagery?

THIS SHOULD BE RESEARCHED MORE CLOSELY

The powerful man or the man in power; is only as powerful as the people allow him to be!!

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   

And then someone said, his eqiupemnt was confiscated and not given back, by a goverment.

I can't defend either side in this thread, but I can say that there is proof of government duplicity regarding such a tactic. One person who suffered confiscated material at the hands of the government was Wilhelm Reich.

posted on Jan, 12 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Some new/re-edited Hutch. Eff. video is available atamericanantigravity.com

In 1991 George Hathaway compiled a 6-hour VHS collection of Hutchison-Effect footage from converted film-stock & TV-shows. This "lost-footage" is the holy-grail for diehard fans of the Hutchison-Effect. For the first time ever, we've compiled the first 36 minutes of footage into a special broadband clip featuring the lost-footage...

ther's a shorter highlight clip as well. Check it out.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fingapointa
Some new/re-edited Hutch. Eff. video is available atamericanantigravity.com

In 1991 George Hathaway compiled a 6-hour VHS collection of Hutchison-Effect footage from converted film-stock & TV-shows. This "lost-footage" is the holy-grail for diehard fans of the Hutchison-Effect. For the first time ever, we've compiled the first 36 minutes of footage into a special broadband clip featuring the lost-footage...

ther's a shorter highlight clip as well. Check it out.

I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:57 PM
link   
It looks to me , if it is in fact true, The Hutchison effect looks like static.
Like if you rubbed a balloon and picked up confetti with it.

What if a static charge was responsible for these effects?
Those dials were probably for voltage or amps maybe?

I think he made it from old clothes dryers

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What Hutchinson needs to do is request a patent. You have to write up a huge-old report on what your invention is and the background on the scientific principles on which it works.

It seems that Hutchinson has developed something and can't explain the math or principles behind it. This is actually impossible. He knows exactly what all his machines do. He built them. He should be able to say "well, this machine creates a magnetic flux perpendicular to the electric field, causing a change in the current as this machine will report."

There is existing math behind all of his machines. With that math, all he has to do is say "when I crank up this machine, this happens, and this much of it happens."

Hutchinson does not have any machinery that would record the velocity or acceration or mass of the objects he is levitating, which is mind-bogglingly stupid if he actually invented something that levitates matter.

The thing that REAL scientists do is say "when I apply an orthogonal magnetic field to this wire, my ammeter tells me that the electrons start flowing in this direction at this speed." They DO something, they measure HOW MUCH they do it, and they record WHAT HAPPENS and HOW MUCH of it happens. Hutchinson just pushes a bunch of buttons and cranks a bunch of dials. I think he stole his equipment from the set of a Mystery Science Theater 3000 movie.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Is Hutchensen a Magician I DON,T think so, only an experienced magician would would be able to confirm for sure,

[edit on 21-1-2006 by stmichael]

posted on Feb, 1 2006 @ 09:25 PM
link   
I remember seeing a program on TLC (long ago, at least four years) about the Hutchison Effect. It was very interesting. They showed him with the machines, and showed him levitating objects. It was not much like the video to which someone here posted a link, since the clips were from further away. I remember seeing this show once, and never heard anything mentioned about it since (on TV). I find that "interesting".

Only recently have I come to look up this subject (mainly online), and I stumbled across it when looking up the Philadelphia Experiment. I was also aware of PX for some time, but decided to read up on it some more. Two things caught my attention; the fusion of metal and wood, and the use of Tesla coils. I remember reading about Tesla's experience, in which he was accidentally electrocuted, and claimed he had seen his past, present and future simultaneously, even though it lasted only about a second. I don't know how true this is (supposedly he mentioned this to a reporter to whom he promised to give an interview), but this idea of a past, present and future occuring simultaneously does (in a way) mesh with the theories behind Quantum Physics.

I don't know if Hutchison is a hack, fake, or con-artist, but I believe there are many things in this world that we have yet to learn, and get to know. 100 years ago had you told someone that man would walk on the moon, they'd lock you up in a looney bin. I would not be so quick to dismiss Huthison, or any other scientist with similar ideas. I'm guessing here, but I bet most of us here are not scientists, nor are most of us extremely learned in Physics/Quantum Physics. There are many experiments going on that we (the public) are not aware of. Some experiments are hidden from public for different reasons. They are either being utilized in time of war (and therefore must remain secret to us, because there are a lot of blabber mouths out there, not to mention people who would love to sell such secrets to the enemy), and then there is public safety/outrage. Some experiments may not be in line with human/animal rights/laws. Some may inspire great fear, and therefore chaos. The military will ALWAYS utilize new technology first, and only then does this technology trickle down to the public, a process which may take dozens and dozens of years. I believe the military and government will go to any length to discredit certain experiments, outcomes, and people. It is a very easy thing to do. They do it for many reasons, mostly because they might see a weapon-against-enemies potential in certain experiments, and lord knows what else.

If there is such a thing as time travel (which I believe is quite possible), and if there's a machine out there that makes it possible,... don't expect to know about it (especially anytime soon), let alone plans on how to build it yourself! Such a machine would be a complete disaster in the wrong hands! Building your own teleportation device could also be a big disaster as well. I fear to think of some of the results if something went wrong, or was used for the wrong reasons.

Being a sceptic and questioning authority is a smart step, but its not always smart to take it to a higher level, especially if you know little about Physics. The smart thing to do is to keep an open mind about the possiblities. We may be cavemen compared to our future selves. There's just too much we don't know.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   

...Some experiments are hidden from public for different reasons. They are either being utilized in time of war (and therefore must remain secret to us,...

Who knows it could be the case with this stuff. How would this stuff be suppressed? Well it must be ridiculed, the inventer must be made to look a fool or a faker. And keep it off the TV.

To me it looks like some form of static charge, how hard can it be to make the most powerful party balloon-rubbed on the head effect possible in a lab that can lift heavy objects?

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hutchison did not build his machines Ralph.... They were given to him by the government. It's just unexplained technology you guys... that's all. I don't understand how some of us come to these conclusions of everything being a hoax or a fake, just because it cannot be explained to them they way they'd like it. I remember seeing a thread on here a few days ago with a normal rock on the surface of Mars... nothing out of the ordinary. It was a picture released by NASA... well some guy said it looked fishy.. the next thing you know half of the thread is saying NASA is hoaxing their pictures. My god...

[edit on 2-2-2006 by dgoodpasture]

[edit on 2-2-2006 by dgoodpasture]

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Graduate students in science colleges are now required to take ethics classes. This stems from the growing problem of students and professionals "fudging their numbers."

At my University, a grad student (Chemistry) was kicked out for exactly that. He performed a reaction, recorded his exact procedure and apparatus, and then reported his results. He had a high yield of his desired product. The professors in the program were very curious about his results, and no one was able to come close to what this student had obtained.

He went under investigation for falsifying data, and eventually admitted to it and was kicked out.

He supposedly had done something amazing, but when his results were found to be irreproducible, he was revealed to be a fraud.

The same principle can be applied to other fields of science.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Toadmund

...Some experiments are hidden from public for different reasons. They are either being utilized in time of war (and therefore must remain secret to us,...

Who knows it could be the case with this stuff. How would this stuff be suppressed? Well it must be ridiculed, the inventer must be made to look a fool or a faker. And keep it off the TV.

To me it looks like some form of static charge, how hard can it be to make the most powerful party balloon-rubbed on the head effect possible in a lab that can lift heavy objects?

Well, its not just objects being lifted up, its also the different materials fusing together (metal and wood), metal becoming soft and pliable at cold temperatures, metal twisting and splitting itself, etc. etc. Like I said, there is just too much we don't yet know/understand about our world, and the possibilities.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think that its a bogus effect. I mean it is pretty hard to fake those videos but you never know. Its supposdly caused by many intriwning magnetic fields from a Tesla coil.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
My uneducated guess would be that

A- He is not a known name in the science field

B-Even he is not sure what causes his reactions and often cannot duplicate them

BUT

He has gained some fame with his work in zero point batteries. In Japan I believe if my memory serves me right.

I have a intrest in that battery, got any links?

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I've been studying the effect for quite some time.

People constantly make remarks about the video quality:

- for 1, the effect was completely random, he would activate his equipment and sit there for days waiting to capture the effect, most of the instances the effect was not captured or seen, he would later stumble upon a piece of metal that somehow turned into lead ect.

- The effect did not only happen in the target area. The effect happened around a 300 foot circumference of the device(s).

- The guy never had the money to set up 24hour surveilance of his home that is activated by motion.

- These are old videos from an eccentric scientist, give him a break.

The string on that infamous video

- That video was shot by the discovery channel. Hutchison says basically that he could not recreate the effect at will for discovery after several days of attempts (in his 2nd lab). discovery told him he need to spice things up. I think he's dumb for doing what they asked. - or it could be 20 guage wire with 2000 volts. I heard both responses from Hutchison.

How did he discover the effect?

- He was testing the interaction of RF waves between 2 van de camp generators and a tesla coil - when a poltergiest invaded his home - haha.

What happened after that?

- He made some videos, started a rukus among the scientific community.

- George Hathaway (very well-known, worked for Lockheed at the time?) from the US takes on research and development of the device and becomes the most credible outside witness of the events. There is some confustion on my part here, from what i have researched it seems that the government confiscated the device and set it up in cali, that is where hathaway takes over development. He uses the consultation of Hutchison throughout the effects, and i belive hutchison was there at lockheed for many of the experiments. They got the same results, but were still not able to re-create at will... and they were no closer to understanding what caused it.

- After failed development, the government scraps the device.

- He recreated the device in his apartment, he was able to achieve the same results at times, but MUCH less frequency.

- about 12(?) gvt officials come to his house and take very detailed pics of his new device and leave.

- He was ordered by the government to cease his experiments using tesla and van de camp generators.

Why was the second device less able to create the effects?

- his first deivce(s) were almost completely hand made, the tesla coil was hand-wrapped ect.

- his first lab was (i think) in a more rural environment.

- his new lab is in an apartment that has lots of RF wave action going on of it's own that could hinder the effects. However sometimes his neibors do complain that their doors open and close by themselves among other things explainable by the hutchinson effect.

Why is he rejected by the scientific community?

- Mainstream scientists from the top schools are TOLD what physics is, and they can quote PUBLISHED documents all day long, but they still do not have a mind free enough to even FATHOM that the earth is round.

- Knowledge these days is VERY priviledged information. No doubt that the scientific elite have already developed devices like this to perform similar results, but who knows the level of control. (remember the phili experiment? - not that that has been proven).

- Who cares anyways, why don't you quit letting people tell you how to think and decide for yourself!

Is hutchison the "authoratative" resource for information about his effect?

- No way! Tesla was the real genius (not to say hutchison isn't one too!). Tesla no doubt stumbled upon these effects during his research, he probably went alot further with his development. I would love to get my hands on that knowledge but it's priviledged.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I thought I saw a documentary on the History Channel about this. In the end they said this guy was proved as a Hoaxster. I could be mistaked but I don't think so.

posted on Jan, 30 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a couple more things on this subject:

Anyone who (scientifically) studies "paranormal activity" can tell you poltergiest effects happen in RF hotspots in the range of 0-8Hz, this is the same range within the hutchinson effect. ALSO- the human brain outputs RF signals at the SAME range (0 to 8Hz). Which means if we can control these signals, who is to say we don't have the ability to completely control the world around us?

There have been lots of dinosours found inside rocks that still have food in their mouths. I'm not dumb enough to belive a blizzard INSTANTLY PETRIFIED 5 ton animals while they were eating. I find it easier to belive that a catastrophic solar event caused these animals to actually merge into the ground.

People, this stuff is not so hard to belive, try convincing somone that the earth is round!

We still have a long ways to go!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join