It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hutchison Effect...why hasn't this been researched more?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If you mean this website: www.hutchisoneffect.com... and its content, that's because the domain does not currently have content, or it has expired. Its a placeholder domain.

If you mean this one, then I don't see anything wrong with it:

www.geocities.com...

As for the experiments, it would not be possible to show all of his equipment as it spans his entire property. Would you rather see a close up of the result, or a far away shot where people would claim its fake?

Reminds of me of any UFO video commentary. " Its too close and clear! Gotta be fake. This one is too far away, I cant see a thing !"

While yes it would be nice to learn more about the equipment that is causing this, simply showing "what the dials are set to" would not prove anything. Its the collective effort of all this equipment that outputs the irregular reactions.

Yes, he should be able to duplicate results to have true credibility, but in some cases I cannot see it being duplicated. It seems like just the right conditions set it off.

But then again, he has caused the effect more than once, so in a sense it can be done again and again.

The problem lies in the materials he tests with. He should stick with a single object, and master its properties.

Testing with objects that have radically different properties will just lead to more headache.

In the end, yes he could do better to document his findings, but he still deserves some credit for what he has done.

Just my opinion.

Edit: Spelling

[edit on 20-9-2005 by Dulcimer]

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why should his claims be any more valuable than a crackpot on the subway spewing ideas? At least the loon knows where he's coming from.

If he says he doesn't know how he got it, he can't be proven wrong, right? That's the logic he's trying to trap you into. It's crap right from the start. Anyone who got even close to that sort of thing, even if they failed, would've documented every inch of it.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Like most people I have mixed feelings on the Hutchisson effect. I won't go so far as to call him an out and out fraud, but I will say if he has stumbled upon something "stumbled" would truly be the operative word for how he found it.
As to another poster's questions about Podkletnov and schauberg, the research I have done has me stymied there as well. Many will say podkletnov was debunked because nasa gave up on replicating his work. That is simply not the case, Nasa gave up because they cannot replicate the 8 inch superconducting ceramic disks he can, and he ain't telling how to do it. So in conclusion your guess is as good as mine on the whole thing, tread carefully and bring your waders for the junk science and amazing claims but who knows there might be some wheat in the massive pile of chaff this subject always throws at you.

posted on Sep, 20 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
A.) great song

B.) the movement of the objects was just way too smooth to be anything lifting upwards. The acceleration was realistic to a helium baloon lifting up after being tied to the ground. The only other thing I can think of for the gravity experiment, is if the objects and the camera were all in a big rotating box, that gave the illusion of up and down, only to flip the box, and have the objects crash down.

As for the metal, don't ask me, I can only think about what I see that sticks out. the Spoon and the wood? weird.

Camera Speed? I mean wow, even if this guy is fake, he's a genius.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Actually yes he could, he designed just about everything he built solely in his head, he was a Genius not a Con Artist.

Nobody (especially me) is argueing that he was a Genius, and built everything himself.

What I am saying, is that even he probably kept some sort of a log book.

Originally posted by Quest
In that case I can shoot bunnies out of my bum!

No. That concept isn't plausable, what the Hutchison Effect is.

Without the information required to duplicate what he does then what he is doing is worthless other then selling DVD's and Books to suckers to fatten his wallet.

Now that claim is just retarded.

First of all, he has been making some kind of special battries and selling them to the Japanese and such, secondly he claims he has all the sponsorship he needs.

And Fatten his wallet? Maybe you should see his appartmnet/house and what it looks like. And he likes it that way.

Hutchison isn't a greedy person, he is a man of science - something which is probably new to you.

Nice kung-fu logic there Dulcimer explain me this then. Why are ALL of his videos zoomed up? Why not document how his equipment is setup with his camera? That would be enough for duplication but he doesn't do that why? This whole thing smells rotten.

What do you mean 'zoomed up' ?

You've just built your very own fighter yet. It took you years of your life, and countless tweaking.

Now why don't you just set up a camera and repeat the process? Because it's not logical in any way.

Originally posted by sardion2000Maybe in your mind but for anyone who knows a thing about science it's more like Skeptic 5 - Hutchinson 0 on this thread alone.

Whatever you recon....... My opinion is, Hutchison 7, Skeptic -1.....for being retarded. (in general).

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer
Why should his claims be any more valuable than a crackpot on the subway spewing ideas? At least the loon knows where he's coming from.

If he says he doesn't know how he got it, he can't be proven wrong, right? That's the logic he's trying to trap you into. It's crap right from the start. Anyone who got even close to that sort of thing, even if they failed, would've documented every inch of it.

Well that shows how little you know!

Because the crackpot doesn't have many videos showing exactly what he can do.

Also, Hutchison CAN explain loosely how it works, he understands the cencepts behind it.

Problem is, when it gets down to the experiment, you need to get a lot more precise about everything to acheive any good results.

A lot of Trial & Error envolved.

Originally posted by Kalapadea
the movement of the objects was just way too smooth to be anything lifting upwards. The acceleration was realistic to a helium baloon lifting up after being tied to the ground. The only other thing I can think of for the gravity experiment, is if the objects and the camera were all in a big rotating box, that gave the illusion of up and down, only to flip the box, and have the objects crash down.

That's one of the best points.

In the video from american anti-gravity, it's obvious that plastic and other things which aren't effected by magnets are elevating and rising.

But the main point is, these objects aren't rising in a simple upwards manner, they quite often rise on tangents, and on different angles, with ALL parts of the object rising at uniform speed.

These kinds of effects are impossible to acheive using any kind of "tricks" such as string.

If anyone would like to dispute this, then please knock yourself out trying, film it, and post it here.

The Philadephina Experiment

Does this not seem scarily similar to the Philly experiment, which was using Tesla's electromagnetic equipment?

People uneffected by gravity? Spontaneously combusting? Fusing to steel?

Just like with the Hutchison Effect. Also note, he has said that objects to tend to combust at times.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Manincloak
Now that claim is just retarded.

First of all, he has been making some kind of special battries and selling them to the Japanese and such, secondly he claims he has all the sponsorship he needs.

Link please all Hutchinsin does is claim allot of stuff. Isn't science in the slightest...

And Fatten his wallet? Maybe you should see his appartmnet/house and what it looks like. And he likes it that way.

Really you know this guy? Just cuz he says something you give him the benefit of the doubt? Even regular scienctists have to go through a public vetting in order for their claims to be accepted, Hutchinson's proponents do not seem to understand that. I have heard of 1 test done by some MIT professors and nothing happened while they were there, I don't know if they actually were what the show claimed they were but it wouldn't be the first time Discovery has played a show of outright fabrications. They're claim was that Hutchinson did it with some sort of Telekenetic ability and his equipment was useless. Both explanations sound like hogwash to me. Back when I first heard of Hutchinson he had a website where he was sell DVD's of his 'experiments'. That's it. No batteries. No skematics. Nadda.

Hutchison isn't a greedy person, he is a man of science - something which is probably new to you.

Lol I guess training for Nanomechanical Engineering doesn't make me qualified to call BS on BS claims lol. Okay
Now I know you just want to believe...

What do you mean 'zoomed up' ?

You've just built your very own fighter yet. It took you years of your life, and countless tweaking.

Now why don't you just set up a camera and repeat the process? Because it's not logical in any way.

Every video I have seen just shows the effect not how his equipment is setup, video quality is low so at the very least when he achieved something at a certain setting he could have taken some still photographs for documentation. Where is the documentation for this?

Whatever you recon....... My opinion is, Hutchison 7, Skeptic -1.....for being retarded. (in general).

It ain't cocher to come on here an insult people you know, I've just pointed out gullibility and if you think that was meant as in insult you're dead wrong, it was a statement of fact.

Also, Hutchison CAN explain loosely how it works, he understands the cencepts behind it.

Doesn't really matter wether he understands it or not, the inventors of the Telegraph didn't have the slightest clue how it worked but they documented it and others repeated it and the rest is history, if he was on the ball something similiar would have happened.

Problem is, when it gets down to the experiment, you need to get a lot more precise about everything to acheive any good results.

A lot of Trial & Error envolved.

Trail & Error without documenting and releasing what you did is a sure fire way of duplicated previous work thus wasting time, if you knew anything about the Scientific Method you would know this.

The Philadephina Experiment

Does this not seem scarily similar to the Philly experiment, which was using Tesla's electromagnetic equipment?

People uneffected by gravity? Spontaneously combusting? Fusing to steel?

Just like with the Hutchison Effect. Also note, he has said that objects to tend to combust at times.

Just like the Lazar, and Roswell there is little solid evidence anything happened, just hearsay, conjecture and suspect eyewitness testimony which has been proven to be unreliable in a court of law.

[edit on 21-9-2005 by sardion2000]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
There was a special on TLC about him. I believe most of what was argued here would be settled if we all saw the same program.

Ah who am I kidding, nobody cares.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Here is a zip file of 22 close up quality photos of the materials after reaction.

www.americanantigravity.com...

Source

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Nick Cook's little journey in 2001, called the "Billion Dollar Secret", touched on Hutchinson, through then head researcher for Lockheed Martin - "Bushman". Bushman showed Hutchinson's videotaped, gravity defying marvels.

BTW: two weeks after Hutchinson announced his work, the Cdn and US Gov Scientisits went to his Vancouver Apt and watched him perform it again, except it didn't happen.

Two weeks later (1998) the Cdn Gov confiscated Hutchinson's electronic equipment. Hutchinson since filed and recieved a Court order for it's return but to this day ( as of a couple of months ago), never had his equipment returned.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:10 PM
link   
More Hutchinson reading and photos:

guns.connect.fi...

(includes material about batteries)

Video and Audio
www.coasttocoastam.com...
www.americanantigravity.com...
www.intalek.com...
www.intalek.com...

Long page with large photos
www.theverylastpageoftheinternet.com...

He supposedly posts here:
groups.yahoo.com...

Im out.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I had my own thread about this a while back some of you may find interesting.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, IMO it's not a hoax or a con and if you dig a little and gather some info on this subject and then apply it to other similar areas of study, such as quantum mechanics, quantum field theory, Electromagnetics, acoustic theories and things like that, you'll start to see that it's not B.S. It is complicated, confusing, difficult and extremely misunderstood by almost everyone though. Including Hutchinson himself who admits that it's not something he fully understands or can manifest with ease.

If you just think about it for a second, is it really that hard to believe??? Everything from the smallest particles to galaxies are all made up of and acted upon by fundamental forces. So if you can crank up enough power to actually manipulate EM fields and waves and then start bouncing these powerfull fields and waves in creative ways it makes sense that some strange stuff may happen. If you don't really know what you're doing just yet though, like Hutchinson during his experiments, then it requires a degree of luck as well for something monumental to happen. Well, he got lucky.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Agreed. I also suggest the man had not a clue what he was doing or trying to accomplish. All that remains to me is that Hutchinson may stumbled on to something and became an absolute world-wonder from it?

Dallas

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Link please all Hutchinsin does is claim allot of stuff. Isn't science in the slightest...

He doesn't claim a lot of stuff.....

freeenergynews.com...

guns.connect.fi...

Really you know this guy?

No.

Just cuz he says something you give him the benefit of the doubt?

For the last time, it's nothing to do with that he says, or in most cases it's not but what other people say about him. Look at the above links.

Originally posted by sardion2000They're claim was that Hutchinson did it with some sort of Telekenetic ability and his equipment was useless. Both explanations sound like hogwash to me.

Telekenetic ability? Hogwash for sure.

Originally posted by sardion2000 Back when I first heard of Hutchinson he had a website where he was sell DVD's of his 'experiments'. That's it. No batteries. No skematics. Nadda.

Probably because he didn't invent them yet?

And I'm sure he wouldn't like to give out his skematics, as these battries aren't particulary hard to make, once you understand the concept. So instead of buying them, government agents would just "steal" the technology.

Lol I guess training for Nanomechanical Engineering doesn't make me qualified to call BS on BS claims lol. Okay
Now I know you just want to believe...

No, it certaintly doesn't.

Every video I have seen just shows the effect not how his equipment is setup, video quality is low so at the very least when he achieved something at a certain setting he could have taken some still photographs for documentation. Where is the documentation for this?

Of course, the video tech of the 80s was extremely inferior to today's.

As for documentation, pics, logbooks - this is exactly what I was talking about, it was all probably stolen and/or destroyed by the military when they destroyed his lab.

It ain't cocher to come on here an insult people you know, I've just pointed out gullibility and if you think that was meant as in insult you're dead wrong, it was a statement of fact.

I haven't insulted anyone (hence the general tag, after the 'retarded' bit), nor do I feel I've been insulted. It's all good.

Trail & Error without documenting and releasing what you did is a sure fire way of duplicated previous work thus wasting time, if you knew anything about the Scientific Method you would know this.

I do understand this, and I'm 100% certain he kept a log of everything he did, and what effects that had - how else could he have made it work?
And it's quite obvious, anything of such was stolen and/or destroyed when his lab was destroyed by the military, as said above.

Just like the Lazar, and Roswell there is little solid evidence anything happened, just hearsay, conjecture and suspect eyewitness testimony which has been proven to be unreliable in a court of law.

Court of law? Sinse when does the US government, or any government EVER surrender to conspiritors? Never. They shut everyone up, threat people with death and have things "taken care off".

Lazar isn't some random person claiming some random thing, I believe there is much truth in his claims.

And out of many years in history, rowsell incident isn't some random thing, about which a lot of fuss has been made. It is so for a very good reason.

Likewise, Hutchison isn't some random guy pulling some random con, because if he was, I'm sure there would be a lot more stuff like this.

He is a smart person, he invented the new battries, but what really puts the iceing on the cake, is the fact that his work is directly based on Tesla's. That alone is enough to make it true and possible in my mind.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   
well this might not matter to anyone but i think it is for real the reason people aren't treating it as a big deal though is because it is too unpredictable. also people only seem to hear about the antigravity part not that it can split apart metals and bond wood and metal together so that could be a problem if humans were involved. It seems to me that the government has messed with it a bit too. i'm however not sure about this but i was reading that like some government officers came into his home and like took some pictures of his lab and other stuff. So maybe the government is trying to make weapons or stuff from this idk. they might be freaking thinking that he is making weapons.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
HE doesn't bother to research his own work and won't allow others to research his work. Simple as that, hard to research something that isn't allowed. It's like when a magician tells you that he won't reveal his tricks after a show when you ask him to.

He plays around with electricity and magnets, good for him but nothing worth researching really.

posted on Nov, 14 2005 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dulcimer
Armchair scientists are out in full force.

Until you can recreate his "magic" tricks, give the man a bit of credit. Even I can do some magic tricks !

Why don't we recreate the philadelphia experiment?

Shouldn't it be the other way? Isn't the burden of proof always on the inventor? For better or worse, it remains a parlor trick until someone can independently verify/reproduce the experiments.

[edit on 14-11-2005 by PlasticMoses]

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 03:39 PM
link   
well no it is more than just magents but i think he should let others research this if he won't because it is very interesting to me

posted on Nov, 15 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Man, what's up with all the lazy, unsubstantiated opinions about what may or may not be happening with Hutchison and his experiments??? Don't any of the "nay-sayers" even bother doing any research anymore???

Frosty, he has been studying these strange experiments and many others and continues to this day I'm sure. Also, he has never tried to keep any of his results or data from anyone else either. In fact when he first discovered them he invited a whole group of military scientists to come check it out in hopes that they might be able to help him understand it as well. Saying he's just playing around with electricity and magnets is like saying Lance Armstrong likes to play around riding bikes.

In case anyone would like to read up some more on this topic, here's a link:
THE POLTERGEIST MACHINE: The Hutchison Effect
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I live very close to Hutchinson...he is very well known here and has often been mentioned in the local news. He has never been regarded as a con man or anything of that sort. Hes usually just thought of as a "mad scientist" with wild experiments in a sort of humorus light, but his experiemnts have never been doubted.
I think he clearly is not a hoax, if anyone actually takes the time to read about this it is plain to see that Hutchinson is not a fake. The effects he managed to produce is simply very unpredictable and hard to reproduce exact controlled effects.

posted on Nov, 16 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOmFrosty, he has been studying these strange experiments and many others and continues to this day I'm sure. Also, he has never tried to keep any of his results or data from anyone else either. In fact when he first discovered them he invited a whole group of military scientists to come check it out in hopes that they might be able to help him understand it as well. Saying he's just playing around with electricity and magnets is like saying Lance Armstrong likes to play around riding bikes.

Study as in what? He looks at what is happening? Where can I view his results which explain the chemistry, physics and mathematics behind his work? Which journals may I look into to find his publishings or which books might be available at my school library?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join