It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the precursor to HAARP at montauk

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I have read the subversive element explorations of camp hero a few times, and on page 5 I believe there is a shot of an array of antennae, which he believes to be the pre-cursor to HAARP. I was looking for this in google earth or google maps. but I cant seem to find it anywhere, does anyone know where it is?

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Go to maps.google.com and type in "Montauk New York." It will immediately take you to this map location which clearly corresponds to the map from subversiveelement.com

You should be able to zoom in and scan from there.

Also be aware that for some reason searches for "Montauk point new york" and "camp hero new york" seem direct you to the site of the US army Corps of Engineers, which appears to be on exactly the opposite end of the peninsula from where you want to be.

EDIT:

I found the exact spot, but even at maximum resolution on google maps it's difficult to make anything out. I can see the lighthouse, the parking lot, a few buildings that don't appear on the map at subversiveelement...but several of the structures appear not to be there, or aren't visible as anything more distinct than a vaguely discolored splotch.

If someone can explain how to generate a URL to an exact zoomed location on google maps, I'll give a direct link to it.

[edit on 17-9-2005 by LordBucket]

posted on Sep, 17 2005 @ 08:30 PM
link   
It's a different place and time I feel people. Suggest you consider reading Bielock. Montauk is a real event I feel but has nothing directly or indirectly to do with the Philly X. And unless one of you great ATS'rs come forward with something that changes my point of view -- well then we're agreed.

Dallas

posted on Sep, 18 2005 @ 05:35 PM
link   
no offense, but what does that have to do with my post about where the radar array is?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
You can see the old SAGE radar tower at Camp Hero with google earth. It's located at lat/long 41° 03’43.81 N/71° 52’26.71 W in google earth

I couldn't find the GART antenna array on google earth or maps, but this is a pretty good picture of it

Take a look at the building located at 41° 03’37.71 N/71° 52’26.71 W and notice the faint squarish shaped outline around it! Ws that indicate there is an underground structure there or is just the was the aerial photo looks? I was also wondering what the purpose of the circular road just to the southeast of the building is

Make sure you check out this website as it's got some great pictures and some interesting reading.

www.subversiveelement.com...

So do you think something is still going on at Camp Hero? What do you make of the U-21 Ute plane flying over the base all the time, the new generators, powerlines, and police with guard dogs?

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Warpboost -- can you provide a link for that on google map-- I'm not sure what you are seeing and maybe can find out for you? Was just at a wedding on the bluffs at Camp Hero over the weekend.

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 06:06 PM
link   
justme1640, I was using google earth not maps.google.com to get the lat/long, but I found the same thing on google maps.

In the link I provided below you can see the huge SAGE radar tower towards the upper left, you can clearly see the shadow on the ground from the radar dish!

maps.google.com

At the center and slightly yo the right you can see the L shaped building with the faint square shaped outline around it that caught my eye in a odd way. That square shape makes me think it's the outline of part of an underground structure or the image was cropped to hide what's really there? You will also see the road that goes in a circle just to the south east of the building which I referenced above. I wonder why they built the road in a circle there??

[edit on 21-9-2005 by warpboost]

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 21-9-2005 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 08:18 PM
link   
The L shaped building is a transmitter building (brick building pretty run down if I remember -- we decided to walk up that way next time so we looked at it from the end of the road you see there) But that square outline is interesting for sure... The circle was just a road I don't remember much about it except I think it was a one way road.

To see where the antenna stuff is take that picture out so you can see the whole point & center it on the big pond there (Oyster Pond) and just to the right of the pond you will see a sandy worn area kind of a rectangle that would be where the poles are (hard to describe I am trying to picture that from a boat in the water) We believe that the building you see there above that area was a part of that and has since been bought and made into a house but I am not 100% sure of that.

Hope that helps -- if not it could be an excuse to run out there in the near future

[edit on 21-9-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Sep, 21 2005 @ 11:55 PM
link   
justme1640 thanks for the reply. So you have been to camp hero and seen the place firsthand huh? Do you think it's still occupied or there is more than meets the eye going on there? What do you think that square outline you can see around the L shaped transmitter building? Do you think its something underground?

I think I found the spot you told me to look for next to Oyster pond. It should bein the center of this image just above the small body of water. Is this it?

maps.google.com...,+ny&ll=41.072452,-71.886334&spn=0.002328,0.005157&t=k&hl=en

You can find it on the google map and click the button off to the right near the top that says "link to this page" then post the URL from the address bar here.

So the GART antenna array is on the north side of 27/Montauk Point Pkwy? Its not actually inside camp hero?

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:16 AM
link   
maps.google.com...,+ny&ll=41.067259,-71.905679&spn=0.003858,0.007522&t=k&hl=en

this is where the GATR array is, I found it the other day, interestingly enough, right in a neighborhood of what appears to be rather large houses, across NY 27 from Camp Hero. The antenna are cleary visible, as are the shadows coming off of them. As for Camp Hero itself, it is obvious there are underground facilities there, I believe everything that was there has since left though, probably in the mid 1990s.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I have a satellite image in this thread below, perhaps you can find it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by koji_K
I have a satellite image in this thread below, perhaps you can find it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-koji K.

Those are great images but the area we are talking about are north west of that a bit. So we aren't seeing that particular area in those images. You want to go north of the hwy and then west over to the larger of the two ponds that are there.

If you can get those images it would be fantastic to see.

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost
I think I found the spot you told me to look for next to Oyster pond. It should be in the center of this image just above the small body of water. Is this it?

maps.google.com...,+ny&ll=41.072452,-71.886334&spn=0.002328,0.005157&t=k&hl=en

So the GART antenna array is on the north side of 27/Montauk Point Pkwy? Its not actually inside camp hero?

trying to shorten the quote but will try to address it all

Here is where I was thinking - you were on the other side of the pond

here

I grew up a few towns over from there -- and like most small town stuff it was a thing to do in high school to to to the point to watch the sunrise

I have read lots of stuff and think it is all interesting -- while I lean heavily towards the there is nothing there side -- I also realize that sometimes there is a smidge of truth to most stories. I think there is more than meets the eye there but don't follow the whole reptilian/beast idea.

Now the L shaped building is on a hill -- so it is possible that there is some type of structure under the building as I said that square outline that seems to be there in that pic is interesting.

It would be awhile before we got out there again to walk around. The ticks and chiggers have been horrible this year - so haven't been doing much walking about in their areas (which around here means most areas
) Having had 2 tick borne diseases and still feeling the effects of them years later I tend to avoid heavily ticky areas unless I can take the time to prepare clothes and sprays. So it is a real project to go in the woods

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I dunno if this will help anyone, but as I live on Long Island and I'm very familiar with the east end... i was able to find alot of spots that you are all looking for. I'm not great with google earth so i was able to get lat/long's for you all. I will save some pics too.

Radar (Short South of Camp Hero State Park Road, south of RT 27)
----------------
41deg 03'43.78" N 71deg 52'26.65" W

L-Shaped Building (North of Old Montauk Hwy, Southeast of Radar)
-----------------------
41deg 03'37.69" N 71deg 52'14.00" W

Outline of the L-Shaped building is a perimeter fence to the best of my recollection.

(Other Points of Interest)
--------------------------------

Brookhaven National Lab (North of LIE 496, South of RT 25, East of William Floyd Parkway)

40deg 53'03.55" N 72deg 52'33.97" W

FAA Radar??? Only Marked in the middle of no where with a small red 2' x 2' sign (South of CR 51, East of Speonk Riverhead Rd)

40deg 52'42.22" N 72deg 41'15.48" W

GART Array (Melchionna Road) West of Oyster Pond
-----------------------------
41deg 04'02.45" N 71deg 54'21.98 W

Hope that helps.

Derek

[edit on 22-9-2005 by DerekJR321]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:16 AM
link   
justme1640, I don't follow the whole reptilian/beast idea either, but I could see the govt having a secret base or facility for research, monitoring or who knows what else.

I see the cleared sandy spot you are talking about just to the west of Oyster pond with a trail or road leading to it. It surprised me that the antennae array wouldn't be inside camp hero but rather on the other side of Montauk point pkwy? You mentioned you want to take a pic of it from a boat, I would assume you can see it from the water on the north side of the point? What would be really interesting is to monitor electronic signals, EM, radio transmissions etc.. from the camp hero and the GART antennae array
I wonder what you would find?

Have you seen the aircraft flying over the base all day like subversiveelement.com write up on their visit to the base? You can see what I’m talking about here:

www.subversiveelement.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Warp,

I see those planes all day long... tho my best guess is they are all the rich people comming out of East Hampton Airport heading twoards Marthas Vinyard. That would be the projected flight path. Also... Montauk Airport is just North East of GART... so the traffic could be from there as well.

I do find it strange the location of the GART Array tho.. it does seem to be in a residential area now. Granted these Google Maps are at least 2 years old.. i'd be curious to see what is there currently.

Derek

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by DerekJR321
I dunno if this will help anyone, but as I live on Long Island and I'm very familiar with the east end... i was able to find alot of spots that you are all looking for. I'm not great with google earth so i was able to get lat/long's for you all. I will save some pics too.
L-Shaped Building (North of Old Montauk Hwy, Southeast of Radar)
-----------------------
41deg 03'37.69" N 71deg 52'14.00" W

Outline of the L-Shaped building is a perimeter fence to the best of my recollection.

GART Array (Melchionna Road) West of Oyster Pond
-----------------------------
41deg 04'02.45" N 71deg 54'21.98 W

Hi Derek would you have images of those two -- I can't do the google earth thing and it seems to have better pics that anything else. I don't remember a fence around the L shaped building but like I said we were down the hill from it and decided to go there another time so it could have been in the woods more where I wouldn't see it - but it sure makes sense.

thanks

[edit on 22-9-2005 by justme1640]

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Here they are... I hope they are not too big. I'm at work and I don't have access to photoshop.

GART ARRAY *edit - not sure why this is showing up all blocky.. it looks fine on my local hdd....*

L-BUILDING

Derek

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Here is a different angle of the Gart Array.... im a little confused on this one... if this "is" what is thought that it is.. i cant imagine the Navy or whoever would place it in the middle of a residential community with what appears to be no guard posts, no fences, no deterent to just driving on up to it... it looks like its abandoned to a degree.. and im not sure "what" the big white building is. As far as I can see there are 12 "poles" about the middle of the property around the main building, along with one large one on the north property and on the south property.

Dunno... not sure at all what to make of it.

Derek

posted on Sep, 22 2005 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Ok I see where my confusion was on the location -- I was seeing that road as Talkhouse Lane not Melchionna Road I couldn't get anything to bring up that road. If we go out that way I will make a point of checking it out and bringing my camera. Things are in a bit of an uproar with MIL and dementia issues right now so we can't get too far from home. But if we can sneak away for an afternoon we will. A friend used to keep his boat at the marina just down the road from that for fall fishing - he is now over at Star Island but I will ask him if he ever wandered up Talkhouse while he was on that side of the lake.

I doubt it was a built up when this was built -- I think most of those developements are relatively new (last 25 - 30 yrs or so)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join