It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

does anyone have info on joining the masons???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:43 AM
link   
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone might have info on how i might join the masons or if anyone knew of any links to places that have that kind of stuff.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 06:50 AM
link   
You'll find your answer here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Maybe this should be added to the Secret Society FAQ, althought I doubt that would make any difference. If people don't bother to use search, I doubt they will read a FAQ.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Their are lots or threads on these topic, so please use the search tool...

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:13 AM
link   
yeah...uh...oops my bad. i just realized that

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 07:14 AM
link   
cool theres actually someone on. ive never seen anyone else while i was on.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawker9
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone might have info on how i might join the masons

Where do you live? Go to a lodge and ask for an app. You will need something like 3 references, and they will interview you at a location of your choosing. To join a 'regular' lodge you can not be an atheist.

Reasons why people are skeptics:
1: they are too focused on mundane things and money that they dont stop to think about anything else
2: they are simply naive
or
3: they are too incredibly stupid to comprehend the subject

This is an incredibly stupid way to look at it. If this is indicative of how you normally think (that is, parochially and ignorantly) then I'd personally be surprised if any masonic lodge accepted you, they have rather high standards for membership.

posted on Sep, 16 2005 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Randomized questions:

1. Why exactly would you want to join Freemasonry?

2. What is the name of the Lodge that is nearest to you?

3. Are you 21 or over?

Looking forward to reading about your progress. Of course, you will learn that there are things you won't divulge about it.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
My brother became a Mason, and as far as hes gotten theres absolutely nothing going on but some old men sitting around in robes playing house!

But seriously, not much happens until you become a 3rd Degree Master Mason, at which you are "Raised" or "Born" as my bro puts it. As far as he knows they reveal some secrets to you at that stage, which would only serve to make you work towards learning more. I have been thinking of joining myself, but only for the travel benefits.

I also know that my brother has to learn a cipher technique to study his verses or whatever they recite in ceremony. So yes, they have their own language you must learn. Also, they DO have all those things like hand shakes, walks, stances etc. to make Masons easily identifiable to one another.

Allah Akbar....Errr I mean Deny Ignorance

Ayahuasca

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   
You go down to the old mason hall and apply?!?! laughable...its not a job there bud....You are asked by a mason. he sponsers you, you go for a few dinners, always a breakfast with the shriners and you go to the country club and play a few rounds of golf. they souse you out. they then discuss you and weather or not you have something to add. months go by and your sponser will either make you an offer or not based on what they "feel" from you...that of course is the short version. there is no application forum LOL.....the chicks old man is a stonecutter. I resperctfuly declined sponsership.

application!! LOL

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawker9
hey guys i was just wondering if anyone might have info on how i might join the masons or if anyone knew of any links to places that have that kind of stuff.

You have to ask somebody who's a Mason if you want to join. Then they vote on you in secret. Then you have to go through some rituals involving your butt. Then you get to wear a hat. Oh, and it costs $28.00.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Census-

Im sorry but I feel as if you are a little misinformed. Part of their whole system of getting new members is NO SOLICITATION, WHAT SO EVER! If you want to be a member, you must go out and seek membership and a sponser. They would only want people who WISH to join on their own accord, makes sense?

Also, there IS a fee, more than 28$ and they ask you for as much as you can give, scientology-esque if you will. There is no ceremony involving your butt, they do use daggers, and nooses (sp?) along with the typical blindfold. If have lots of info on them, the intiations etc. Anything else about the blood rituals, worshipping satan etc. is all heresay and cannot be proven by the mysteriously dissapearing whistle-blowers as everyone takes what they say as proof.

DENY DENY DENY!!! :w:

Ayahuasca

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Organic shadow....you may have read that at mason.com and thats fine. thats the polish, no question but I only shared that bit because I ask the chicks old man all kinds of questions and always have. Naturally he though I had a genuine interest in the brotherhood and I infact do but none in joining. Christ knows you by the company you keep, I like to say. Anyhow, to be honest with ya, we had that discussion last friday in his backyard over beers. He's been in the "biz" for 21 years.

I suppose its done different from place to place and If you maintain Im ill informed in hearing this from my future father-in-law who is a stonecutter I better get me some smart pills. Maybe he knows a good doctor. Surely, you can understand Im apt to believe him over you.

best regards.

[edit on 17-5-2006 by Census]

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Census
You go down to the old mason hall and apply?!?! laughable...its not a job there bud....You are asked by a mason.

Most of them are actually required not to invite or recruit people. All you need to do is go to a hall and ask to join. THis is how the people I know have joined.

always a breakfast with the shriners

Thats not true. The Shriners is an org within masonry, it wouldn't have anything to do with joining the masons. I don't know anyone that is a mason and met with the Shriner's before joining. Masons will set up an interview though.

there is no application forum

Yes there is.

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Are women allowed to join? lol

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
mm i think they have their own mason version...

Sisters of the eastern star.. no?

posted on May, 20 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
My uncle is a mason, but he doesnt tell us anything, there is a mason hall thing in town though

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Organic Shadow
Also, there IS a fee, more than 28$ and they ask you for as much as you can give, scientology-esque if you will.

Erm, not in my experience. Most lodges assess a flat fee per year.

My lodge charged $30 for each of the three degrees, and $75 dues for existing members last year. In contrast, some English lodges charge several hundred dollars a year.

new topics

top topics

join