It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life and consciousness

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by kando

Chicken or the egg. I have thought about that myself for a long time. Very good question. I also would like to know what other people think.

I myself, as long as I have been wondering. Wondering, Won-TdHeE-Ring.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nova

You cannot imagine it, if it is not real.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kando

How did the chemicals get there?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Zipdot

The cells are working toward (how ever you spell conscientiousness.) As we work to enter our next world. Ever wondering what it is. Thinking we are so sure. As we all know. It is in each of us to go in our own way. And we would all agree. It is only in each of us , that we as an individual, should take care of one another. For how should we go down one way, and then go the other. We hold tight in the believe, that being good to one another is the most peaceful path I have found so far. Oh if every path would lead the same way no one would be lost. But as we are sure, that does not make sense.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 12:23 AM
link   
It depends on how you define 'life'. For me, life (as exists on earth as mortals) is a form of consciousness itself. However, IMO, life goes on after death, thus there is still consciousness.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
There is so little actual "substance" to what we call life -- it seems to be a bizarre coagulation of energies that gets interpreted as tangible, tasteable, knowable things - it is entirely plausible to me that it is only our intangible consciousness that is doing that interpreting;

and thus, there really is only consciousness, and none of this stuff we associate with or call life.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
"I don't understand it, I can't say it in words. Everything dreams. The play of form, of being, is the dreaming of substance. Rocks have their dreams, and the earth changes...But when the mind becomes conscious, when the rate of evolution speeds up, then you have to be careful. Careful of the world. You must learn the way. You must learn the skills, the art, the limits. A conscious mind must be part of the whole, intentionally and carefully—as the rock is part of the whole unconsciously. Do you see? Does it mean anything to you?"

-Ursula LeGuin

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by kando

Question / Answer

in respect to ones Question what would be the answer?

The very question one is asking correct?.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by wayno

life is real, but to understand what life is! you see man has a problem and here is the problem.

He never ASKED to be here. So? Who is the one asking? Now maybe you see why it is you ask.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by weathernut

you define life as being human, but you still put LIFE as you are in the same torrid box when you are no longer a mortal?

so you are alive in what sens? after life? correct me if i am wrong but after life means you are no longer ALIVE?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

what came first the chicken or the egg?

the question came be for them both or there would be NO chicken OR egg correct?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

they coexist if you ask me....

edit: to elaborate: life is consciousness experiencing itself - therefore without life, the consciousness wouldn't know CONSCIOUSNESS....understand? probably not but it's the best I can do.

They have to coexist or else neither of them will exist.

[edit on 13-11-2009 by Agree2Disagree]

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I have to say - where was the creator?

I mean, where did anything come from?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

It's possible that just as we speculate upon higher dimensions and parallel universes that the current universe we live in has always been. It's possible that "perception" is the only thing to ever come into existence.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Yes. I understand. Something holds everything together like a black hole.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

I would really like you to explain to me how anything ever came into existence without some force creating it?

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 13579

The maker always comes first.

If you understand.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

it comes from you?

do you not see, without ones ablity to ask there is no answer one can obtain? for this is your function, all lifes function

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   

The food can no more order the cook, than I can answer that question.

You have to search for anything if you are looking for it. Whether the search is 1 second or 1 million years depends on how you look for it.

posted on Nov, 13 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

That's a question best answered with circular logic.

Creation < creator < creation < creator < creation

That is, for each creation there must be a creator, and that creator is then a creation, and so must have a creator also, forever and ever.

LIKE A SIRRCUL.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join